Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
So as we all know, in OP you get protection IV armor, which is very good. Having protection IV diamond armor makes you a virtually unkillable God because the only way to actually kill such a player is to either have them fall in the void (via breaking blocks under them, or some persuasion with a punch bow) or to break their armor so they return to being mere mortals. And since a full set of this armor costs 128 diamonds you basically have to have an intimate relationship with a diamond generator to get it, and by that point the player either can afford the 10 diamond shield, or knows not to walk near edges to not get knocked off.

Now we get to what makes OP incredibly boring for many, all the weapons are, frankly, [compared to the armor available] crap. What this leads to is it taking forever and a day to break someone's diamond armor, and if the other person has a second set you'll need God himself to reset the universe to have enough time to finish the game. If you're facing a player who isn't very good you can use tnt to accelerate this process, but the vast majority of players know to run away from tnt if possible.

So I think that a truly OP weapon (or 2) should be added to OP eggwars. Yes the sharpness V sword is something, but it's 64 diamonds and it isn't incredibly better than the 12 diamond counterpart. And the '"OP" bow isn't that good because you have to be really good with bows for it to be useful. I think it would be nice if they made the sharpness 5 sword 32 diamonds, added sharpness 5 axe for 48 diamonds, and added maybe a flame/power IV bow for maybe 48 of diamonds. And for a full stack you should get maybe a sharpness 7 sword, or a sword with an additional enchant like knockback or fire aspect.

edit: fixed some errors, I can't type for my life :L

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I agree that the higher tier weapons need to cost less. Usually I don't get into games where people get full dia but a dia piece is way better and cheaper than a sharp 5 sword imo so they definitely need to cost less. I would not want to see a flame bow or fire aspect sword in eggwars unless it was a special emerald item. I think an even more powerful sword is need with maybe sharp VII but the bows are fine as they are.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
No, I really like the long battles in Op mode thats why its my favorite mode. I mean in normal mode normal health everyone is a 5 shot which for me is just so gosh dang annoying. I would love to see a Power XV or XX bow that only does damage to players with half a set of diamond armor on or more, I think that could be very useful.

Reactions: bensuniverse1

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I agree with you on this. The sharpness V sword is barely any better than the much cheaper sharpness II alternative. Perhaps they could indeed add extra enchantments like Fire Aspect or Flame, or they could just add a higher sharpness/power level to the weapons mentioned. ;-)

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
No, I really like the long battles in Op mode thats why its my favorite mode. I mean in normal mode normal health everyone is a 5 shot which for me is just so gosh dang annoying. I would love to see a Power XV or XX bow that only does damage to players with half a set of diamond armor on or more, I think that could be very useful.
You mainly play in 1.8
This suggestion is probably about 1.9+

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I agree with you on this. The sharpness V sword is barely any better than the much cheaper sharpness II alternative. Perhaps they could indeed add extra enchantments like Fire Aspect or Flame, or they could just add a higher sharpness/power level to the weapons mentioned. ;-)
Honestly, adding some more damage to the current words or weapons would be great. The whole point of this thread is that everything else got OPed in OP eggwars, except the weapons.

ᴀᴜsᴛɪɴ

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2017
Canada, BC,
I Don't Think OP Items Should Be Less, In Fact I Think They Should Be MORE!!!
I Have Ran Into Players With Two Set Of Diamond Armor!!
OMFG! They Are So Hard To Kill!
I Think, Per Piece Of Diamond Armor, It Should Be 64 Diamonds Instead Of 32,
This Is Just Me Don't Get To Offended!
Okay,
Thanks!!!
FactionsAustin

F

Facelurite

An armour breaking weapon is needed . Not sharp 7. One hit does 10 durability damage , preferable an axe because of the longer cooldown , wont be OP

Also the durability damage should also be done only if the weapon is fully charged

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I think that this is a unique idea, but alas I find that the weapons are fine the way they are. They already decreased the protection on the armour so it is easier to kill people now than it used to be, especially if you properly 1.9 pvp. The thing is if you add stronger weapons then people would end up complaining that killing is too easy or something further than this and would want stronger armour. That being said it is still a nice idea that maybe with a little editing could fit well into Eggwars. I just personal;ly am okay with how the game is now.

F

Facelurite

I think that this is a unique idea, but alas I find that the weapons are fine the way they are. They already decreased the protection on the armour so it is easier to kill people now than it used to be, especially if you properly 1.9 pvp. The thing is if you add stronger weapons then people would end up complaining that killing is too easy or something further than this and would want stronger armour. That being said it is still a nice idea that maybe with a little editing could fit well into Eggwars. I just personal;ly am okay with how the game is now.
Were all good at pvp here. Sharp 2 does low damage to full diamond

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎉
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Dang it I I keep missing the birthdays of all the cool people. Why were so many of you born in may :despair:

Anyways late happy birthday
Thanks for all the wishes <3
UncleSpect wrote on zauuberr009's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
happy birthday!!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!1 :3
Top Bottom