Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Hello, and welcome to Cubecraft's official FAQ, or Frequently Asked Questions thread.
Below is an ever-expanding compilation of questions that you may have surrounding the server.

Help make this thread better! If you have any questions that you feel would be valuable to add or if you have anything that should be changed/could be better, please PM a staff member about it!

Table of contents
==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-

Click the link to jump to the corresponding section

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Accessing the Server

"How do I access the server?"

You can access the server by following the steps below:
  1. Load your Minecraft client (Download at Minecraft.net) under a registered Minecraft account (Purchase at Minecraft.net) on any version beyond 1.8
  2. Click 'Multiplayer'
  3. Click 'Add Server', and type 'play.cubecraftgames.net' under 'Server IP'
  4. Type 'Cubecraftgames' or something similar under 'Server name'
  5. Click 'Save', then click on the server to access it

"Which versions of Minecraft is Cubecraftgames compatible with?"

Cubecraftgames is currently accessible with any 1.8, 1.9, 1.10 or 1.11 clients.

Note: Attempting to join the server using a 1.8 client will result in restricted access to certain gamemodes

"I cannot access the server"

There are a number of reasons that a player may be unable to access the server. For example:

• If your account has been banned
See Account Sanctions #2 - [BANS]

• If your internet connection speed is insufficient
In many cases, if your internet connection speed is insufficient then simply resetting your router should resolve the issue. If you are still unable to connect to the server, try disconnecting Smart TV's, Gaming Consoles, Smart Phones, or any other devices that may be limiting your internet access. Lastly, you could try connecting later on, or contacting your internet provider for more information.

• If the server is down for maintenance
If you receive a message stating that the server is down for maintenance, then this means that nobody is able to connect to the server for the time being, and you'll have to try again later.

• If Mojang's servers are down for maintenance
If you receive a message stating that Mojang's servers are down for maintenance, then this means that nobody is able to connect to any server for the time being, and you'll have to try again later.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

The Staff Team

==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-

"What are staff members?"

Staff members are voluntary members of the community who work either in-game or behind the scenes to enforce the rules of the server. This involves warning, kicking, and sanctioning players that are found to be in violation of the server's guidelines.

Other staff members, such as Developers, Supporters, Owners or Builders, work mostly behind the scenes to ensure that the server is running as intended, as well as to provide new content.

"How can I tell if somebody is a staff member?"

You can tell if a player is a staff member from the unique prefix before their name. These include:
[Mod] [Sr Mod] [Admin] [Developer] [Builder] [Owner]

Note: If a player does not have either of these prefixes, then they are NOT a staff member. If they claim to be, please report them.

"How can I apply to become a staff member?"

You can apply to become a staff member, by following the link below:
https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-applications.54/

"How will I be contacted regarding my staff application?"

You will only be contacted if your application has been accepted. You will be contacted either in-game, or via the forums. If you have not been contacted within a month of applying, then your application has most likely been denied.

"My application was denied"

If your application has been denied, or you have not received contact within a month of applying, then this is because you are not the type of staff member that we are looking for at this time. However, you will be able to reapply the next time that applications are open.

"When will applications be opened again?"

Applications are reopened whenever the staff team is recruiting. Unfortunately, there is no set schedule to this, so keep your eyes peeled on the Staff Applications section of the forums!

"What can staff members do?"

Staff members have all Obsidian+ perks in-game, and also have access to exclusive commands such as /v or /spectate in certain games. On the forums, they are able to lock threads, sanction players' accounts, change peoples' profile pictures, edit messages, and bypass the thirty-second cool-down.

In regards to account sanctioning, staff members can kick, mute, ban and warn players for breaking the rules.

"What can't staff members do?"

Staff members cannot:

-Unban you or your friend (Unless their appeal has been accepted!)
-Give you free ranks, points, experience, items, etc.
-Sanction, kick or warn players without sufficient reason
-Join games that are already in session (Excluding KitPvP & Freebuild)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

The Store & Purchases

"How do I access the store?"
If you wish to purchase something from our store, you can access it here: https://store.cubecraft.net/

"How do I use the store?"
Firstly, select your preferred currency using the option beneath 'Main Website', at the top right-hand side of the store.

Next, choose the type of purchase that you wish to make. You can select from 'Ranks', 'Point Multipliers' and 'Miniatures'.

Then, input your IGN (In-Game Name / Minecraft Name).

Lastly, select the item that you wish to purchase.

Note: If you already have a rank and wish to upgrade it, you will not have to pay the full price. The value of your current rank will be deducted from the cost of all higher ranks. For example, as a Diamond rank I would only have to pay £35 for Emerald, as opposed to the usual £90.

"What can I purchase on the store?"
You can purchase Ranks, Point Multipliers and Miniatures on the store.

Ranks provide you with a unique prefix, as well as an array of neat perks, which can be found on the 'Ranks' section of the store.

Point Multipliers are one-use items that provide an hour of double points for a chosen gamemode. Access them via your inventory in-game.

Miniatures are a permanent companion that follow you in the in-game lobbies. Access them via the Vanity interface in your inventory.

"Which methods of payment can I use?"

[To be completed]

"Why can't I use PayPal? / Can you add PayPal?"
PayPal was a viable method of payment until late 2014. It was removed however, because a very significant number of purchases would result in charge-backs. This would result in the charge-back accounts getting permanently banned, which led to even further complications. Because of this, PayPal cannot be used on our store anymore, and will not be added back.

Sorry for any inconvenience but PayPal caused far too many issues in the past, which we do not want to have to deal with again.

"Which purchases are permanent?"
All Rank and Miniature purchases are permanent. Point Multipliers are not permanent; they last for one hour.

"I was recently banned / muted. Can I get a refund?"
The short answer to this, is no. by making your purchase, you have agreed that we still withhold the right to sanction your account if you break the rules, and therefore you will not be refunded.

"I lost my rank, I cannot make a purchase, I didn't receive my rank, or other purchase-related problem"
Please contact
sales@cubecraft.net
with your transaction ID, Minecraft username, date of purchase, and any other information that may be relevant.

Note: Ranks may take up to fifteen minutes to appear in-game. Please be patient =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Account Sanctions #1 - [MUTES]

==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-
"What does it mean to be muted?"

If your account has been muted, then you will still be able to access our server, however you will be unable to chat either in public or via private message, until your mute expires.

"Why has my account been muted?"

We mute players if they are found to have been in violation of the server's chat rules, either multiple times for minor offences, or a single time for a more severe offence. If you have been muted, then you may have:

-Used inappropriate or offensive language
-Attempted to scam, deceive or unlawfully trick another user
-Spammed/flooded the chat excessively, or otherwise misused the chat
-Advertised other servers

"How long am I muted for?"

The duration of an account sanction typically corresponds with the severity of the misconduct. For example, acts such as minor spamming or swearing, or player impersonation, will often result in two or three warnings, followed by a one hour mute, one day mute, one week mute, one month mute, and then a permanent mute.

However, more severe offences, such as attempting to scam or deceive other players, advertising, using very offensive language or swearing, or disrespecting other users, will often result in an immediate thirty-day mute, followed by a permanent mute. You may receive warnings prior to these sanctions, however it depends on the severity of the misconduct.

Note: Spam-botting and Advertising may result in a ban rather than a mute, depending on the severity of the offence

"I was recently given a warning. What does this mean?"

If you have recently received a warning, then this means that you have been found to be in violation of our server's rules. A reason will usually be listed alongside the warning, which will be presented to you via the chat, every time you log in for the next thirty days.

If you have received a warning, it's not the end of the world. However, it does mean that if you violate the same rule again, you're more likely to be sanctioned.

"How do I get unmuted?"

There are currently three ways to get unmuted:

Firstly, you can appeal at appeals.ccgn.co (See the 'Appealing' section below)
Secondly, you can wait for your mute to expire
Lastly, you can try to contact the staff member that muted you via the forums, however you should always try to appeal first

"My appeal was denied"

If your appeal has been denied, then this means that the staff member that originally muted you has reconsidered your offense, taken into account the information that you have provided, and has ultimately concluded that the punishment applied to your account is the deserved punishment.

Because of this, if your appeal has been denied then you will have to wait out your punishment. If your sanction is permanent, then you will not be unmuted.

"I recently purchased an item from the store. Can I be refunded?"

The short answer to this, is no. by making your purchase, you have agreed that we still withhold the right to sanction your account if you break the rules, and therefore you will not be refunded.

"I was wrongly muted"

Players are not muted unless they are found to have been in violation of the rules. It is incredibly rare that a staff member will wrongly mute a player, given how clear-cut the evidence usually is, however if you believe to have been muted either accidentally or without sufficient reason, then please create an appeal explaining so at appeals.ccgn.co

"I wasn't the only player involved/breaking the rules"

While you may have been encouraged to argue back against somebody, or respond angrily when a player has insulted you, if another player breaks the rules then this is not a free pass for you to do so too. If a player is arguing with or insulting you, please report them. If you are reported for angrily responding to them, even if they initiated the conflict,you will be punished, as you have been caught breaking the rules.

However, we understand that players can get very angry at times when they have been insulted. If another player did prompt you into breaking the rules and you got muted for it, please try to contact the staff member that sanctioned you, providing evidence of this. It might also be a valuable thing to mention in your appeal.

"I would like to see evidence of me breaking the rules"

If you would like to see evidence of your rule-breaking, please contact the staff member via private message on the forums. However, please note that staff are not obligated to provide evidence if they do not wish to do so.

"Can I create another account if I have been banned/muted?"

If we suspect that you are bypassing a punishment by using another account to play our server, then all associated accounts will be sanctioned. You are not allowed to create another account to avoid a punishment.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Account Sanctions #2 - [BAN]

"What does it mean to be banned?"

If your account has been banned, then you will not be able to access our server anymore, until the ban is lifted or expires.

"Why has my account been banned?"

Accounts are banned for many different reasons. These reasons include, but are not limited to:

-Use of illegal modifications, or use of third-party client or software to gain an unfair advantage over other players
-Teaming in solo gamemodes
-Exploitation of bugs or glitches
-Attempting to scam, deceive or unlawfully trick another player
-Inappropriate name
-inappropriate skin
-Compromised Account

"How long am I banned for?"

If you have been found cheating, using illegal modifications, exploiting bugs or glitches, attempting to scam, deceive or unlawfully trick another player, or using an inappropriate in-game name, then you will be banned, without warning, for thirty days upon your first violation. If you are found to be in violation of any of these rules again, then you will be permanently banned.

If you have been caught teaming in solo gamemodes, or are found in possession of an inappropriate skin, then you will be banned for one day. This duration will not increase with multiple offences, however this may change in the future.

"I was recently given a warning. What does this mean?"

If you have recently received a warning, then this means that you have been found to be in violation of our server's rules. A reason will usually be listed alongside the warning, which will be presented to you via the chat, every time you log in for the next thirty days.
If you have received a warning, it's not the end of the world. However, it does mean that if you violate the same rule again, you're more likely to be sanctioned.

"How do I get unbanned?"

There are currently three ways to get unbanned.
Firstly, you can appeal at appeals.ccgn.co (See Appealing below)
Secondly, you can wait for your ban to expire
Lastly, you can try to contact the staff member that banned you via the forums, however you should always try to appeal first

"My appeal was denied"

If your appeal has been denied, then this means that the staff member that originally banned you has reconsidered your offense, taken into account the information that you have provided, and has ultimately concluded that the punishment applied to your account is the deserved punishment.
Because of this, if your appeal has been denied then you will have to wait out your punishment. If your sanction is permanent, then you will not be unbanned.

"I recently purchased an item from the store. Can I be refunded?"

"I was wrongly banned"

Players are not banned unless they are found to have been in violation of the rules. While it is rare that a staff member will wrongly ban player, it does happen on occasion. If you believe to have been banned either accidentally or without sufficient reason, then please create an appeal explaining so at appeals.ccgn.co , or contact the staff member that sanctioned you via private message on the forums.

"I wasn't the only player involved/breaking the rules"

While you may have been encouraged to exploit a bug, team, or use illegal modifications, if another player is breaking the rules then this is not a free pass for you to do so as well. If a player is breaking any of the above rules, please report them. Do NOT install illegal modifications with the intent of using it against other illegal modification users, as you WILL be banned for this.

Claiming that another player was also cheating is not a valid excuse for you to do so as well, and will often result in your appeal being denied.

"I would like to see evidence of me breaking the rules"

If you would like to see evidence of your misconduct, please contact the staff member via private message on the forums. However, please note that staff are not obligated to provide evidence if they do not wish to do so.

"Can I create another account if I have been banned/muted?"

If we suspect that you are bypassing a punishment by using another account to play our server, then all associated accounts will be sanctioned. You are not allowed to create another account to avoid a punishment.

"I was banned for 'Compromised Account'"

If you have been banned for 'Compromised Account', then this means that your account's login credentials have been leaked, and another player's IP has logged into it. When we ban players, we ban all accounts associated with it if they are found to be in possession of over twenty accounts.

Therefore, if you have been banned for 'Compromised Account', then you have not been banned for breaking the rules; your account has been temporarily disallowed from connecting to your server, to prevent a possible hijacker from using illegal modifications on it.

To get unbanned, simply:

1. Visit Mojang.com and change your Minecraft password
  2. Appeal at appeals.ccgn.co and explain that you have changed your password
If you do not change your password, then your account will remain at risk. While we're very likely to unban a player for their first Compromised Account offence, if it continues to happen then you will remain permanently banned, for failing to secure your account.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Appealing

"I have been muted/banned. How do I appeal?"

If you believe that you have been wrongly banned or muted, or would like your sanction to be reconsidered, then you can appeal using this link: appeals.ccgn.co

"How do I find my appeal code?"

If you are banned, simply attempt to join the server. The error message that you will receive will contain your appeal code.

If you are muted, join the server and attempt to type something into the public chat. The error message that you will receive will contain your appeal code.

"How long does it take for my appeal to be reviewed?"
It will ideally take between a couple of hours to a few days for an appeal to be reviewed, however all appeals are eventually read and responded to. Some appeals will be responded to moments after their submission, whereas others may take a little longer. Please be patient, as staff often receive dozens of appeals on a regular basis, and have to review each and every one of them manually.

"How are appeals reviewed?"
Every staff member has their own way of responding to and handling the appeals that they receive. I personally consider an assortment of different factors, such as the severity of the punishment, date of the punishment, number of past offences, and the quality of the appeal itself, however, every staff member will ultimately consider whether or not you're likely to break the rules again in future, when considering whether or not to accept your appeal.

"How will I know whether my appeal has been accepted?"
Appeals are not currently responded to through manual text. This means that you will receive an automated response when you go to appeals.ccgn.co following your appeal's review. If you are able to gain access to the server and/or the chat before your sanction's expiration, then this probably means that your appeal has been accepted.

"How can I increase my odds of successfully appealing?"
Logically, the best way to increase your odds of successfully appealing is to not have to appeal in the first place. If you abide by the rules, then you'll never be muted or banned, and won't have to create an appeal at all.

While spelling and grammatical mistakes are often disregarded, seeing as we are aware of the young age of our demographic, we will always consider the effort that has been put into an appeal. If it looks as though you genuinely care about your account, then we will obviously feel more inclined to accept your appeal, as this decreases the chances of you breaking the same rule again.

Another thing that staff will consider, as aforementioned, is the number of past offences on your account. If you have been banned or muted multiple times already, then your appeal is far less likely to be accepted than somebody who has say, been muted once for swearing and warned once for teaming.

Furthermore, it comes across as very petty if you appeal the very moment you are sanctioned. This implies that you are not sorry for your wrongdoing; you're sorry you got caught. While we don't expect you to wait weeks at a time before appealing, if you were to wait say, a few hours or even a day or two before appealing, staff will feel more inclined to accept your appeal, safe in the knowledge that you have served some punishment for your wrongdoing. Doing this will also give you some time to think about what to include in your appeal.

Lastly, do not lie. It will be very embarrassing for you to claim that you were not, for example, using illegal modifications, when a staff member has video evidence that says otherwise. Lying is the most self-destructive way to get your appeal rejected.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Rule-breakers, and how to report them

"What is a rule-breaker?"
Unfortunately, for every twenty or so ordinary members of any Minecraft community, there is a rotten individual who is hell-bent on enjoying themselves solely at the expense of other players. A rule-breaker is somebody who does something that directly violates the server's rules. You can view the server's rules by following this link:
https://www.cubecraft.net/link-forums/official-rules.51/

"How do I report a rule-breaker?"
If you encounter a rule-breaker in-game and wish to serve them some justice, please follow this link:
https://reports.cubecraft.net/login

Note: You will be required to create an account doing /registerreports ingame

"Do I need evidence to report a rule-breaker?"
Yes. Screenshots will suffice for chat offences, however for bug or glitch exploits and illegal modifications, you will require video evidence. More information can be found here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/reporting-tutorials-and-guidelines.59/

Note: We take false reports very seriously. Fabricating evidence or events will result in your account receiving the punishment corresponding to the offence being reported.

"A player confessed to rule-breaking in the chat. Can I use this as evidence?"
No. While a minority of players that claim to have broken the rules may be telling the truth, many players will exclaim "I am using illegal modifications", or something similar, either for attention or to trick other players into getting angry for no reason. Because of this, we cannot accept a confession as sufficient evidence for a sanction.
I use killaura

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

YouTuber Rank

"Does Cubecraft have a YouTuber rank?"
Yes! You can tell a YouTuber rank from an ordinary player by their distinct salmon-coloured [YouTuber] prefix before their display name.

"What are the requirements for the YouTuber rank?"
To qualify for the YouTuber rank, you must have a minimum of 40,000 subscribers and at least four videos on your YouTube channel of our server (You must also give the server IP).

"How can I apply for the YouTuber Rank?"
If you have over 40,000 subscribers and at least four videos of our server uploaded to your channel, and want to apply for the YouTuber rank, then head on over to the following link: http://yt.ccgn.co

"What perks does the YouTuber rank have?"
'The YouTuber rank will give you all the things an Obsidian rank has, plus automatically unlocked kits on every game, and the |YouTuber| tag.'

"I saw a YouTuber rank breaking the rules. What should I do?"
If you spot a YouTuber rank breaking our rules, please report them with evidence, as if you would any other player. Please mention that they are a YouTuber rank in the report, and the report will be forwarded to a Management Official, who will handle the situation.

Note: 'Please remember that we will check your channel every three months, to see if you are still active on our server. If you are not, the rank will be removed.'

Note: We take false reports very seriously. Fabricating evidence or events will result in your account receiving the punishment corresponding to the offence being reported.

Last edited:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Forum rules & information

"What is the Cubecraft forums?"
The forums is the website that you're reading this on right now! Here, you can discuss updates, games and content, interact with other members of the Cubecraft community, contact Staff members, suggest new content for the server, report bugs and bring issues to our attention, and give yourself an identity by creating your very own profile.

"What are the Cubecraft forums' rules?"
You can view the Cubecraft forums' rules by using the following link:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

"How to I view and edit my profile?"
You can view your profile by clicking your name and/or profile picture on the homepage. Alternatively, you can hover over your name on the right-hand side of the ribbon at the top of the screen, to edit your information, settings, preferences, etc.

To edit your profile picture, simply click on it and upload a file from your device.

"I have received a warning on the forums. What does this mean?"

If a staff member contacts you via your forums account and states that you have broken the rules, this means that a "warning point(s)" has been applied to your account. This is usually nothing to worry about and it will eventually be removed, however causing a continuous disruption on the forums may result in the manual addition of permanent warning points to your account. If you receive a total of ten at any time, your account will be suspended, and you will no longer be allowed to log into it.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Future updates

"When will the next update be released?"
There is understandably a lot of curiosity regarding the addition of future content, however the majority of the time, staff simply do not know. Developing content is a very tedious process, and things can go wrong unexpectedly. Because of this, we are no longer providing Estimated Time of Releases on future content. If a deadline is missed, then thousands of players will be disappointed, which we do not feel is very fair.

"When will ____ be returning? It has been in maintenance for a long time"
Again, there is nothing that we can tell you for the time being. Confidentiality of information is honestly the best route to take, as it means that players aren't going to be disappointed if we fail to meet a specific deadline.

"When will the anti-cheat be updated?"
While I do not know myself, I can assure you all that it is being worked on constantly, and changes are regularly going live without any announcement. In fact, many players have noticed this themselves. Although the anti-cheat is needed, it is a top-priority project that is being worked on regularly. Thank you again for your patience on this matter, as I understand that having to deal with cheaters on a regular basis is very frustrating.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink

Staff abuse

"What is staff abuse?"
Staff abuse is a very serious offence whereupon a staff member either breaks the rules of the server, or abuses their exclusive staff commands (i.e. banning, kicking, harassing, muting or warning other users without sufficient reason to do so).

"How do I report a staff member?"
If you witness a staff member either breaking the rules or abusing their privileges, please report them, with very strong evidence, using the following link: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-abuse.53/

"A staff member sanctioned my account for no reason"
If this is the case, please report them using the following link: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-abuse.53/

Please provide as many details as possible regarding the incident. Please also try to provide as much valid evidence as possible (if any).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom