Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the notch apples come back as they were (but maybe a little more expensive)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_ThatGqd

Nov 29, 2015
Please undo the nerf of notch apples! If you eat a notch apple now you get the 8 extra hearts, but for every other golden apple you eat you only get the 2 you always get.

If the reason for nerfing the notch apples was that it was too OP, it could be a solution the make notch more expensive instead of making it work only 1 time.

Last edited:

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I don't think this will come back again, as this was very OP in those days. Before you would eat a notch and get 8 extra hearts, then eat a normal golden apple and get 8 extra hearts again. I honestly don't think this will come back.

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
I don't think they should change it back because i played with it but people who camp just made 3 notches and a stack of normal gaps. they would have 2 sets of diamond armor so they would be almost unkilleble. It didn't make it fun to play with the way to op gaps. So that is why i disagree with this thread.

_ThatGqd

Nov 29, 2015
I don't think this will come back again, as this was very OP in those days. Before you would eat a notch and get 8 extra hearts, then eat a normal golden apple and get 8 extra hearts again. I honestly don't think this will come back.

In your situation, the notches are not the problem bro XDDD The stack gapps + 2 sets dia armor are the issues. The notch are the smallest problem in the situation you wrote IMO

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
No the notches are the problem because you can't hit trough them. btw diamond armor isn't even that good it is just the notches extra health every normal gap. you basicly have 2 rows of harts and that is the biggest problem that is why i think notches should stay the way they are now. i can buy a notch as a leather with 3 extra sets and 10 gaps and i can outheal a iron armor. that is the problem and they fixed it. it was way too easy to just spam normal gaps after you ate a notch so you would be invincible.

Ijsbeerr

Feb 7, 2016
Maybe they should find a balance between them? Because at this point a notch apple is not very strong, but the old one is too strong. Isn't it better to look something in between?

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I 100% agree that notches needed a nerf, but 100% disagree with the way it was done. A "nerf" should make an item less useful/powerful, not useless. The proper way to nerf them would be to make them more expensive. In my experience (before the nerf) one notch, a few normal gaps, and a full inventory of leather lasted about as long as one set of iron armor (op mode). Therefore, I think that they should cost around 20 diamonds, since thats the price of full iron. I would also be ok with something like 25 or 32, but that seems a bit high to me.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I think notch apples needed a nerf but I don't agree with how they are right now, it's true that they are much cheaper than before but they should be more expensive if we want to buff them, maybe the cost should be 20, 25 diamonds or so. I think notch apples actually need a buff, but they shouldn't be as OP as they were before they got nerfed.

Nov 10, 2019
Netherlands
I agree with that they are a litle weak rn but they can't be like the old ones because that was way to overpowerd. So i would say that they indeed need to find a balance and if they buff it make it more expensive.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hey, thank you a lot for your feedback! Unfortunately, the change you've mentioned to Notch apples is more of a Minecraft change than one that is coming from a decision on our end 😞

We've decided that working on returning the previous features of Notch apples is not the most ideal approach, hence why we've planned to simply amend the price in a way it suits its power and makes it more accessible to EggWars players ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thunder wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thunder wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom