• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat53

Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2014
Hey guys, I was just thinking and I thought that giving donators a new command would make things a bit more interesting.
/nickname <name>

This command allows your IGN to be seen as a creative name you cane up with and you can always change it back if you dont like it. I think that you should be able to use color commands in your nickname so that way your new nickname can be colorful and
creative.

Tags: @perkybunches @Pickles_pussycat
@tiger101tiger

(Not sure who else to tag)

Reactions: Exlipse_

OrangeGE

Forum Expert
Jan 21, 2014
From a members point of view, this is great. You can nicknames yourself to your own name or even a phrase, but from a staffs point of view, it's not that good. The reason for this is it'll make it harder to find out who everyone is if we want to mute/ban them, personally, I check a users alternative accounts, previous IGN's and if they are already banned/muted before a ban, and I don't want to add "search for their actual IGN" to that list. As well as this, people are will use this to commit offences such as swear in their name, or advertise, causing moderators and administrators to do more work to stop that. An argument may be "But... it's a donor only command and it'll be user correctly?"; wrong. Donors commit offences too, believe it or not. However it may be true that less commit offences, they still do. I'm sorry, but it's a no from me due to this. I like the chat clean, so I know everyone true IGN's. If another staff member has a different opinion, they can reply to this when it is locked, but until then, thread locked. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Angry Birds or Subway Surfers?
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Egggg-wars?
Nightmare wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for the follow push-up master!
Mintypie231 wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.