Should this be allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Feb 1, 2017
Ireland
Hi there, my names Shadow and I have a new suggestion for the forums. I think forum user should be allowed to lock their own threads instead of getting a staff member to do it. Hope you like the idea.

Reactions: StanEXE

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
You mean that only the official owner of the thread is able to lock his/her thread? If so, would be a very good idea. I've seen some people asked for a lock in a thread of someone else whilst it wasn't needed at all. But actually, this could be abused too. So I've got my doubts.

Last edited:

Spookrijder1

Apr 6, 2016
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
i never understood why topics should being locked
Hello Barry Boos,

I'll give you some examples:

1. Sometimes when someone makes a thread they're people who disagree. They sometimes are going to argue with each other. If some things get out of hands he can lock the thread.
2. If someone is sending like a bug report. And it is already fixed, he can lock the thread.
Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Openen

brbdying

Jun 7, 2017
Earth
You mean that only the official owner of the thread is able to lock his/her thread? If so, would be a very good idea. I've seen some people asked for a lock in a thread of someone else whilst it wasn't needed at all. But actually, this could be abused too. So I've got my doubts.
I think that they mean that staff can lock the thread and similarly the creator can also lock it.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I think that they mean that staff can lock the thread and similarly the creator can also lock it.
Well the creator could also abuse this suggestion, and a Staff Member could punish that person of course but then it starts all over again. So that's why I'm doubting.

brbdying

Jun 7, 2017
Earth
Well the creator could also abuse this suggestion, and a Staff Member could punish that person of course but then it starts all over again. So that's why I'm doubting.

Just locking a thread is not abuse. This would not really be abused unless the creator could open up the thread and lock it many times.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Just locking a thread is not abuse. This would not really be abused unless the creator could open up the thread and lock it many times.
I didn't say locking is abusing, if this gets added, that the thread creator can lock his own thread, it can be abused.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I didn't say locking is abusing, if this gets added, that the thread creator can lock his own thread, it can be abused.

If you didn't mean this

Than how would the person abuse it
o-O/?

~

I would like to have the ability to lock my own threads. You are already able to ask a staff to lock your thread, so why not have that ease of access yourself?

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
This wouldnt really work... For example someone makes a suggestion about a topic that everyone loves. He gets good replies. Then he edits his topic into something else and locks it done. Easy good replies to an suggestion.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
As a long time forum member, I have often seen people try to get threads locked because it was unpopular. If this became a thing, they could just edit the original post and close the thread. I don't support this.
^^^

It's also not a big deal to tag a staff member :)

Reactions: hgbf

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Yes I agree with you. When your problem is solved is it more easy that you can right away lock your own thread. This is very helpful, When you have the needful information is it Nice that you can lock your own thread.
It spends the time of staff members :P

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Hmm. I guess it could be useful, but might take a lot of effort. It isn't particularly hard to just tag a staff member, as hgbf and zDutchie said. I am by no means against this idea, just don't think it's necessary! I'm neutral.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom