Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Classic mode?

• Total voters

Anthousa

Apr 28, 2017
The Netherlands
I think the new upgrade is great. It really is. but the game is so extensive now that I really would like to play the old, classic gamemode sometimes. Without all the paths and upgrades to mobs etc..

So I think it would be great to add the gamemode ''CLASSIC'' so when you're in a ''classic'' game you are really playing the old towerdefence how it was before this upgrade.

I would like to hear your opinion about this gamemode.

Last edited:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I think the new upgrade is great. It really is. but the game is so extensive now that I really would like to play the old, classic gamemode sometimes. Without all the paths and upgrades to mobs etc..

So I think it would be great to add the gamemode ''CLASSIC'' so when you're is ''classic'' you are really playing the old towerdefence how it was before this upgrade.

I would like to hear your opinion about this gamemode.

Yes please I miss the cheap items that screwed the system
+368030630687306

Reactions: 11Ls

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I've seen the update, and I'm very appalled. My friends with higher-end computers are telling me about frame-rate drops. The meta used to be carefully crafted and well-balanced. Toropov and Mac supposedly worked on the original game itself, and it was beautiful. I mean really... the "update" includes re-pricing every tower and mob, making a new GUI, changing the potion system, and adding crazy things like 200 cps. Speaking of that, the goldmine upgrades say "gold/sec", and the currency for sending mobs or building towers are "coins".

2017-08-12_15.52.08.png

2017-08-12_16.01.57.png

The game's changed into something completely different. There was an emphasis on careful placement and resource management before. As for "listening to the community", check this link here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/b...wer-defense-ranking-system-and-league.170029/

Check it out, 10/10 voted for a ranked mode... it wasn't implemented. Mage tower stacking is currently still possible too, and now if one player decides to grief, they can, because votekicking was removed. Think it's not a problem? If someone wants to grief you every game, they can. You have to be in a party of 6 to avoid it now too, unless you sneak off and get lucky. Teams now both win ties too, so it's possible for a group of 12 to just farm points by endlessly running into a match, agreeing to tie the game up, and just messing around.

There are positive changes that have been made, and I have acknowledged them. However, the positive benefits are outweighed by the side effects. As stated above, there's no votekicking, and that's good, but now team griefing is possible, and there aren't 3v3 maps and such. Red winning all ties is a touchy topic, but having both teams take the win wasn't the answer, and having both lose isn't good either.

Overall, I'm not loving the new update. Thanks for posting a thread like this; It's good to know that other players (aside from myself and my friends) are also hoping for the return of the classic mode. To everyone reading, thanks for reading.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I've seen the update, and I'm very appalled. My friends with higher-end computers are telling me about frame-rate drops. The meta used to be carefully crafted and well-balanced. Toropov and Mac supposedly worked on the original game itself, and it was beautiful. I mean really... the "update" includes re-pricing every tower and mob, making a new GUI, changing the potion system, and adding crazy things like 200 cps. Speaking of that, the goldmine upgrades say "gold/sec", and the currency for sending mobs or building towers are "coins".

2017-08-12_15.52.08.png

2017-08-12_16.01.57.png

The game's changed into something completely different. There was an emphasis on careful placement and resource management before. As for "listening to the community", check this link here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/b...wer-defense-ranking-system-and-league.170029/

Check it out, 10/10 voted for a ranked mode... it wasn't implemented. Mage tower stacking is currently still possible too, and now if one player decides to grief, they can, because votekicking was removed. Think it's not a problem? If someone wants to grief you every game, they can. You have to be in a party of 6 to avoid it now too, unless you sneak off and get lucky. Teams now both win ties too, so it's possible for a group of 12 to just farm points by endlessly running into a match, agreeing to tie the game up, and just messing around.

There are positive changes that have been made, and I have acknowledged them. However, the positive benefits are outweighed by the side effects. As stated above, there's no votekicking, and that's good, but now team griefing is possible, and there aren't 3v3 maps and such. Red winning all ties is a touchy topic, but having both teams take the win wasn't the answer, and having both lose isn't good either.

Overall, I'm not loving the new update. Thanks for posting a thread like this; It's good to know that other players (aside from myself and my friends) are also hoping for the return of the classic mode. To everyone reading, thanks for reading.

My other picture didn't seem to upload in my post, apologies for that, I'm not sure why it didn't load. All it shows is reassurance that the currency that you get when you upgrade goldmine is called "coins".

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
The new update defiantly changed the game in a lot of ways, I think the Classic mode would be cool. The problem is, the old way make room for a lot of problems. It has made it easier for players starting out to properly play the game, and not mess up other peoples game. Votekick was far over used by some teams, allowing them to only play with friends and leaving others out. That being the number 1 reason it was removed, people abusing it. Mage Stacking was a MASSIVE problem, people on the forums wrote tons of threads. They patched that as best they could. I think the Classic mode would be fun, but it will still have all of the old problems. So Classic would be cool, just with a little work. The community asked for an update, and we got it. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: KitKatkels17

ScarletSheepi

Aug 12, 2017
I think we should probably get a Classic Mode too. I know my friend doesn't like the update much, but I think TD needs a bit of work anyways. To start, I think that votekick should probably be added again (Yes, people abuse it but of the many, many times I see it used I've seen people actually get kicked twice) I also think the classic mode would be cool but you'd need to keep the anti-stacking feature and a couple other things. The last thing I would like to see added is a vote system that allows everyone to vote easily. I love this game and all, but I don't think I can spend so much money just to get a rank to choose a gamemode I like. Maybe make it so you can vote using points? Not sure, but I think it should be changed a bit.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I've heard that the new game-winning tactic for defense is to just spam maxed out path one turret towers everywhere.... with a few mages thrown in for cave spiders. I've tried it, and I was able to see blazes die faster than I've ever seen before. I also got to watch turret towers take down a giant like necromancer towers used to. I do like that the developers tried to improve the depth of the game, but I don't like that there were changes made to every aspect of the game. Even just a few new maps, and the new split-path mechanic could've been enough to warrant hype for the game. I've not conversed with every veteran/long-term player about the new update, but I have heard that many of them don't like it.

Again, thanks for reading.

Anthousa

Apr 28, 2017
The Netherlands
I think we should probably get a Classic Mode too. I know my friend doesn't like the update much, but I think TD needs a bit of work anyways. To start, I think that votekick should probably be added again (Yes, people abuse it but of the many, many times I see it used I've seen people actually get kicked twice) I also think the classic mode would be cool but you'd need to keep the anti-stacking feature and a couple other things. The last thing I would like to see added is a vote system that allows everyone to vote easily. I love this game and all, but I don't think I can spend so much money just to get a rank to choose a gamemode I like. Maybe make it so you can vote using points? Not sure, but I think it should be changed a bit.

I agree on your points! Votekick: yes, They should bring in back. Anti-stacking feature in classic, Yes they should add that as well. and the vote option maybe for people who got a gold rank or lapiz. Those ranks have nothing special they can do above stone. (besides timevoting in some games)

Anthousa

Apr 28, 2017
The Netherlands
No. Its always hard to get used to a new update after it released, but after a while you will begin to like it. Just forget how it was and try to see the good points of how it is now;)

Did you play towerdefence before and after the Towerdefence update? Cause this MASSIVE update changed the game. Yes this is something to get used to. But I'm a person who don't like big changes, Especially if it changed the whole game. Like this update. But even then, I really enjoyd towerdefence before, I still do, but I would like to play this game in a simple way. Without those extra things they added. (But I've got to say to the Devs that they did an excelent work on this update! Besides a few bux I red on this forum ofcourse :p)

Reactions: Arwen314

hyena3000

Sep 24, 2015
I think developers did an excellent job giving a lot of players a whole new game to discover. Personally I am not that happy with the replacement, even though I like the idea behind tower paths and unit upgrades. The few games I played felt sluggish and chaotic. I must agree with the opinions in this thread that there were too many changes at once.

Reactions: Arwen314 and zlooof

Arwen314

Novice Member
Aug 13, 2017
Thank you for voicing this idea! Personally, I would adore a classic version- it would allow the new players to have their fun, and the vets or people who otherwise would have preferred the old version can have that too!

Reactions: zlooof

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I've voted on both threads for the classic mode. The sooner we get it back, the better.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡
vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
Top Bottom