Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Naasr

Jun 26, 2016
Somewhere
Hello Everybody :D

Today im back here with a decent suggestion (Well at least I think its decent one). This is mainly aimed at the Devs and the Staff, but i want member opinion too. Before you keep telling me that making plugins is very hard (I know it is) im just saying nothing comes by 1 hours work. Maybe if the Devs and Staff, and of course the members like it, ccgn will start working on it.

So. I've just been reading @Framb00s 's thread about cross teaming messages, i think its a good idea. But what if... ccgn adds a new Cross-Teaming plugin!

Heres how its supposed to work:

1. Two players decide to cross team.
2. The plugin gets activated.
3. It calculates the distance between the two players.
4. It sees if there are blocks in between the two players (Hiding).
5. It sees if they are hitting each other.
6. Maybe they are chasing each other, if they are (Plugin would know by constant distance change), plugin deactivates temporarily.

e.g
Distance between 1-5: True
Blocks between them: False
Hitting each other: False
Chasing each other: False

then the two players get kicked.

How bou dah?

Haggggis

Aug 1, 2016
SCOTLAND
Hello Everybody :D

Today im back here with a decent suggestion (Well at least I think its decent one). This is mainly aimed at the Devs and the Staff, but i want member opinion too. Before you keep telling me that making plugins is very hard (I know it is) im just saying nothing comes by 1 hours work. Maybe if the Devs and Staff, and of course the members like it, ccgn will start working on it.

So. I've just been reading @Framb00s 's thread about cross teaming messages, i think its a good idea. But what if... ccgn adds a new Cross-Teaming plugin!

Heres how its supposed to work:

1. Two players decide to cross team.
2. The plugin gets activated.
3. It calculates the distance between the two players.
4. It sees if there are blocks in between the two players (Hiding).
5. It sees if they are hitting each other.
6. Maybe they are chasing each other, if they are (Plugin would know by constant distance change), plugin deactivates temporarily.

e.g

then the two players get kicked.

How bou dah?
This sounds very hard to create but not a bad idea.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
It's not really that simple to create an anti-team... I don't even think it's needed, to have an anti-team.....
I was about to suggest to re-enable teaming :x

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I believe it is. Im sure Cube can recruit some talented Devs just to make CC better. And Re-Enabling teaming is a very bad idea, no offense of course.

@Spyro The Dragon @Ping Ether @Unipotato
One can't just "recruit good devs lol"
Good (well, godly, to make an efficent antiteam) developers have to come and decide to work for Cube.
I'm gonna make a thread, Mr.Bad Idea (like making an anti-team was a good one)

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
maybe you can do like: /reportteaming name name and then there comes a NPC between them to see if they are hitting each other

Nomyt

Feb 12, 2017
This sounds extremely difficult to create and I can just see hundreds of people getting banned for 'teaming' when they weren't... It would just be easier to record teamers and report them. Also, I had a friend who is a dev and after what he told me I think it's pretty much impossible to create but then again I am no Dev.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
This sounds extremely difficult to create and I can just see hundreds of people getting banned for 'teaming' when they weren't... It would just be easier to record teamers and report them. Also, I had a friend who is a dev and after what he told me I think it's pretty much impossible to create but then again I am no Dev.
Anything is possible inside the world of coding. But if the computer can't handle it then it's technically not possible.
Anyway it's possible but you would need a Java genius and maybe a month or 2 before the plugin is complete. Also I this isn't a nice idea so why am I telling you that making such a plugin is possible...

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Nomyt

Feb 12, 2017
Anything is possible inside the world of coding. But if the computer can't handle it then it's technically not possible.
Anyway it's possible but you would need a Java genius and maybe a month or 2 before the plugin is complete. Also I this isn't a nice idea so why am I telling you that making such a plugin is possible...
I know it's possible, but it would be so difficult to create it isn't worth the effort, time or brain power.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Yeah absolutely great. I'm watching someone on a skybridge and we both decide not to attack and just stand there... kicked for crossteaming
I'm playing a game of teaparty for nearly 2 hours and are about to win. I tp to the enemy base, lure them into one of the generator rooms, block the entrance and start tnt spamming. Kicked for crossteaming.
I'm trading something with the villager and someone of the enemy team just stands behind me. Kicked for crossteaming.
I'm trying to mine someones egg and he just stands there for some reason.. Kicked for crossteaming.
Do I need to go on?

As Nomyt beautifully put it:
it would be so difficult to create it isn't worth the effort, time or brain power.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
e.g
And if you both happened to be focusing the same person because he has the most/least gear?
It sounds really simple, but letting code decide if something like teaming is happening is extremely unreliable.

Reactions: Nomyt

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
That's indeed true.
That's indeed true as well.
This was a very useful message.

Do I need to go on?
And if you both happened to be focusing the same person because he has the most/least gear?
Heyy, another example. Don't forget the situation where you and someone else are fighting a hacker. Because seriously. If you're fighting against an obvious hacker, I have no problem with crossteaming(whilst the hacker is still alive)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom