Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
A

A pigeon

Why is necroposting not allowed? Clearly, because it prevents new threads for getting desired attention , which is fair.

But here, I see people locking threads on the assassins sub forum where people rarely post. Necroposting has no effect here , locking the threads just further discourages attention being given.

Just saying , i dont mean going to the very first thread on assassins and posting should be allowed. Just be reasonable while locking.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

A pigeon

Edited very confusing spelling mistake that changed meaning if the wholebthread

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
The necro posting rule should be removed completely innmy opinion. This is a good example for that rule making things unnecessarily difficult. I saw a good post about this topic earlier, but because of the rule there are multiple threads about the same topic maling it hard to find a specific post.

Btw. I thought this was funny. Apparently this issue is common on minecraft forums.
Screenshot_20171207-160625.jpg

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Why is necroposting not allowed? Clearly, because it prevents new threads for getting desired attention , which is fair.

But here, I see people locking threads on the assassins sub forum where people rarely post. Necroposting has no effect here , locking the threads just further discourages attention being given.

Just saying , i dont mean going to the very first thread on assassins and posting should be allowed. Just be reasonable while locking.
You're allowed to necro post on game subforums, so I don't think this is needed.

Reactions: Demosiz

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands

Necroposting against the rules trys to help avoid putting posts back near the top that are no longer needed or relevant

Reactions: remio
D

Deleted member 169486

The necro-posting rule needs to be changed entirely

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

The reason necroposting is bad is because people can message farm from older threads. I do agree that forums that have been inactive for 14 days should be auto locked as if necroposting is so bad, then why does no one every lock the old threads? I think the system is weird, and its really annoying when you dont mean to, but I think it should stay.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratsss Front enjoyed mentoring you! o7
Hqteful wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats Schulzis, welcome to the team!! 🎉
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thank you for everything!
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratss my friend! <3
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss Frontt! <3
Top Bottom