Necroposting alarming message?

• Total voters

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
IMG_3909.PNG

I saw this on memepixel. Wouldn't it be a good idea to add something like this to every thread that is older than 14 days? (Except for the threads where "necroposting" is allowed)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
But if this is added, how else are fOrUm TrYhArDs meant to get staff???
By necroposting on alt accounts so they can tell themselves off on their main.

Edit: Somebody actually did something like this once! They made an alt and claimed that they were perfect for the role of Moderator, then on their main account said stuff like "I didn't ask them to make this thread... but thanks? XD"
A staff member replied, exposing that the creator of the thread was actually the same person they were suggesting be made staff, and the accounts were then banned.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I mean, it's a nice suggestion, but why not just automatically lock them instead when they're too old?
Because the necroposting rule is bad anyway. If people know the thread is old, they can decide wether the topic is still relevant. Of course just saying "I agree +1" on a 12 month old suggestion isn't helpful, but if you want to continue an old discussion I think it's usually better to use the old thread so everyone gets the context and you don't have to repeat the whole argument.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Because the necroposting rule is bad anyway. If people know the thread is old, they can decide wether the topic is still relevant. Of course just saying "I agree +1" on a 12 month old suggestion isn't helpful, but if you want to continue an old discussion I think it's usually better to use the old thread so everyone gets the context and you don't have to repeat the whole argument.
Well yes of course, but considering the stupid rule you would still get punished for it /shrug

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
By necroposting on alt accounts so they can tell themselves off on their main.

Edit: Somebody actually did something like this once! They made an alt and claimed that they were perfect for the role of Moderator, then on their main account said stuff like "I didn't ask them to make this thread... but thanks? XD"
A staff member replied, exposing that the creator of the thread was actually the same person they were suggesting be made staff, and the accounts were then banned.
Fun times.

Reactions: Komodо
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Reesle's profile.
You're very creative with your bundle and Skyblock Island ideas! You could be writing the specifications for Cube updates
Kazwa wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for everything! :( I wish you the best of luck in the future ^.^
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulationssss <3
zflrz wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratzzzzzzzz <3
Top Bottom