Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
my thoughts on the update:

I haven't played CubeCraft in a while. Sometimes a game of Eggwars but that was it. But I was curious about the upcoming update. It seemed promising to me, but it turned out to be disappointing.

Resource pack:
I'm sorry to say it, but I've always not liked Bedrock, so it's a pity for me personally that this is starting to look a lot like Bedrock, and I don't think that's a positive point. In addition, I find some icons look strange and the game menus chaotic and ugly.

Eggwars:
I found the updates around Eggwars especially remarkable. I remember when there was a lot of fuss about an Eggwars update. An update that added wood, wool, redstone, etc. You listened to that and adapted. Do you really think that players (and especially experienced players) are waiting for things like Iron armor for Iron, Diamond armor for gold Obsidian for Dia etc. Weird that you think players will be excited about that.

Old games and maps:
To my surprise I also didn't see many new maps or old maps and no old games, while it was said that the games and maps would be gone UNTIL the update. But maybe we'll see it in the original release.

My conclusion:
I find it disappointing, I also notice that several players are disappointed. Not only with this update, but with many recent updates. It's also not wrong to sometimes leave some things as they are. Hypixel has had the same lobbies, games and way of playing for years. I personally like this better and more fun. Small updates are made that are clear and quick to understand. It remains easy and simple and sometimes even a bit of nostalgia that makes me want to play.

Again, I understand that updates are made for a reason, but I (and you) also see that many players are dissatisfied with recent updates. And you can throw everything at the fact that Minecraft servers are dead, but the decline in CubeCraft players has to do with CubeCraft itself. Games are being removed, maps are being removed. It will have to do with money. But all I hear (also from friends on CubeCraft) 'I'm quitting CubeCraft. This update ruined everything." I am again very disappointed in you.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve been wanting to share my opinion about the update ever since I logged on after the server was put out of maintenance, and I will.

In my opinion, there could definitely be some improvement points. However, I think that the update is generally really good and I believe that CubeCraft Java was well overdue for an update.

I’ll address the same points as you have and provide my insights.

Resource pack:
I'm sorry to say it, but I've always not liked Bedrock, so it's a pity for me personally that this is starting to look a lot like Bedrock, and I don't think that's a positive point. In addition, I find some icons look strange and the game menus chaotic and ugly.
Whilst you may not like Bedrock, it doesn’t mean the rest of the players think the same way. Besides, I can assure you that if you try to get into Bedrock without prejudice, you’ll notice that some things aren’t as bad as you think in first instance.

Yeah, the resource pack may cause Java to look very similar to Bedrock, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It creates a sense of connection within the networks that allows players from one network to comfortable hop on the other without any confusion and the feeling that you hopped on a whole other server. I’m personally very fond the resource pack automatically including the Lucky Island textures and I absolutely love the slick, clean-looking prefixes.

Not to mention the fact that CubeCraft is able to distinguish itself from other servers by doing something unique. We all know very well that Hypixel has a monopoly in the whole Java server situation and that there’s genuinely no workaround, so, especially as Java is gradually declining in general, part of the playercount will be lost regardless.

Eggwars:
I found the updates around Eggwars especially remarkable. I remember when there was a lot of fuss about an Eggwars update. An update that added wood, wool, redstone, etc. You listened to that and adapted. Do you really think that players (and especially experienced players) are waiting for things like Iron armor for Iron, Diamond armor for gold Obsidian for Dia etc. Weird that you think players will be excited about that.
Today, I hopped on EggWars, as the other updated games, to see what changed. When I dropped out of my cage and went into the shop, I was completely baffled. I genuinely wasn’t expecting such a big change to the game.

If I’d have to be honest, the changes made to EggWars are my least favourite part of the update. Perhaps it’s just something to get used to when it comes to the gear, but I simply do not agree with some of the new prices that were set for already existing blocks and items (Ex: blocks and steak). Also, I was really confused to find myself in leather gear due to the Egg Armour kit while everyone else had full iron immediately. This could very well be changed. - Not to mention that when you try to buy a full set of gear with this kit equipped, you actually pay more than if you were to purchase the pieces individually. Perhaps it is a small bug, nobody knows. If there is anything specific that you do not like, you can always just create a suggestion on that specific subject. Suggestion threads on more specific things tend to do better in helping get something changed. As a little addon, I do want to say I really like the idea with the emeralds.

Old games and maps:
To my surprise I also didn't see many new maps or old maps and no old games, while it was said that the games and maps would be gone UNTIL the update. But maybe we'll see it in the original release.
I, too, was kind of upset to see that the removed games have not yet returned to the Java network. However, please consider this. The fact that CubeCraft Java is in a sticky position at the moment still very much applies. If they would suddenly add back all those games with all the maps, the new maps and content will not only be pushed out of the spotlight, but players will also be spread out over the network even more. This causes games to barely start, if they even do, which is what they were trying to avoid by removing these games in the first place.

My conclusion:
I find it disappointing, I also notice that several players are disappointed. Not only with this update, but with many recent updates. It's also not wrong to sometimes leave some things as they are. Hypixel has had the same lobbies, games and way of playing for years. I personally like this better and more fun. Small updates are made that are clear and quick to understand. It remains easy and simple and sometimes even a bit of nostalgia that makes me want to play.
I can understand that you may find the update disappointing, but please know that you and ‘several players’ don’t represent the entire community. For such a big change, or rather, big changes, obviously the community’s general opinion will be split.

Unfortunately, these negative feelings towards the new update tend to generally be caused by nostalgia and therefore the want/need to keep everything the same. Some things are just due for change and you’ll just need to get used to it. Before long, it will feel like it’s been like this for almost forever and the good memories from the old times will always stay.

This update brings with it so many more creative aspects, cool new features and so much more innovation. Don’t let your feelings about the old days hold you back and instead enjoy the way things are now. Because if you do, you’re refusing to see the positive sides to this all.

Aside from this, if you enjoy the way Hypixel handles updates and everything else better, why not move over to there? CubeCraft won’t fare well anyways if all they try is be like Hypixel. They shouldn’t aim to become Hypixel #2, but rather be CubeCraft #1.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I can understand that you may find the update disappointing, but please know that you and ‘several players’ don’t represent the entire community. For such a big change, or rather, big changes, obviously the community’s general opinion will be split.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/opinions-on-new-update-for-java-so-far.336994/page-2#post-1515571

A pretty good amount of the community is leaning toward disliking it. :v

Unfortunately, these negative feelings towards the new update tend to generally be caused by nostalgia and therefore the want/need to keep everything the same. Some things are just due for change and you’ll just need to get used to it. Before long, it will feel like it’s been like this for almost forever and the good memories from the old times will always stay.

I'll never understand why nostalgia is a bad thing, people are not enjoying it because it has many flaws and generally not what people wanted. The current way is good, and just telling people to adapt to the new one with no chance of sharing opinions or suggestions beforehand is how you lose players. Old maps returning to add more content, primarily bedrock makes far more sense than releasing 9 different nether maps for different games.

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
I’ve been wanting to share my opinion about the update ever since I logged on after the server was put out of maintenance, and I will.

In my opinion, there could definitely be some improvement points. However, I think that the update is generally really good and I believe that CubeCraft Java was well overdue for an update.

I’ll address the same points as you have and provide my insights.

Whilst you may not like Bedrock, it doesn’t mean the rest of the players think the same way. Besides, I can assure you that if you try to get into Bedrock without prejudice, you’ll notice that some things aren’t as bad as you think in first instance.

Yeah, the resource pack may cause Java to look very similar to Bedrock, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It creates a sense of connection within the networks that allows players from one network to comfortable hop on the other without any confusion and the feeling that you hopped on a whole other server. I’m personally very fond the resource pack automatically including the Lucky Island textures and I absolutely love the slick, clean-looking prefixes.

Not to mention the fact that CubeCraft is able to distinguish itself from other servers by doing something unique. We all know very well that Hypixel has a monopoly in the whole Java server situation and that there’s genuinely no workaround, so, especially as Java is gradually declining in general, part of the playercount will be lost regardless.

Today, I hopped on EggWars, as the other updated games, to see what changed. When I dropped out of my cage and went into the shop, I was completely baffled. I genuinely wasn’t expecting such a big change to the game.

If I’d have to be honest, the changes made to EggWars are my least favourite part of the update. Perhaps it’s just something to get used to when it comes to the gear, but I simply do not agree with some of the new prices that were set for already existing blocks and items (Ex: blocks and steak). Also, I was really confused to find myself in leather gear due to the Egg Armour kit while everyone else had full iron immediately. This could very well be changed. - Not to mention that when you try to buy a full set of gear with this kit equipped, you actually pay more than if you were to purchase the pieces individually. Perhaps it is a small bug, nobody knows. If there is anything specific that you do not like, you can always just create a suggestion on that specific subject. Suggestion threads on more specific things tend to do better in helping get something changed. As a little addon, I do want to say I really like the idea with the emeralds.

I, too, was kind of upset to see that the removed games have not yet returned to the Java network. However, please consider this. The fact that CubeCraft Java is in a sticky position at the moment still very much applies. If they would suddenly add back all those games with all the maps, the new maps and content will not only be pushed out of the spotlight, but players will also be spread out over the network even more. This causes games to barely start, if they even do, which is what they were trying to avoid by removing these games in the first place.

This update brings with it so many more creative aspects, cool new features and so much more innovation. Don’t let your feelings about the old days hold you back and instead enjoy the way things are now. Because if you do, you’re refusing to see the positive sides to this all.

Aside from this, if you enjoy the way Hypixel handles updates and everything else better, why not move over to there? CubeCraft won’t fare well anyways if all they try is be like Hypixel. They shouldn’t aim to become Hypixel #2, but rather be CubeCraft #1.
I think you are exaggerating.

I have clearly stated that this is my opinion and this is how I feel about it. Like I said that everyone likes bed rock less? I never said it, but I've heard it a lot in lobbies, games and from friends, so we shouldn't all pretend that 3 or 4 players don't like it. Also, are you saying I have a preconception about the bedrock network? You now have a preconception about me because I played bedrock for a long time.

I think CubeCraft should just as well be clear when they announce something then. I thought they promised it would come back when the 1.19 update comes out, but I must have misunderstood that.

I must say you are exaggerating everything. Like I'm now pretending to be the whole community. We have our opinion, that has nothing to do with feeling that you are above everyone else or that you are in charge of everything.

Sure it's a little piece of nostalgia, I've said that before, but there are many more aspects. That things need to change is your opinion, not mine. thousands of players played fine on this network 4 years ago. I can also have my opinion, that I don't like it that much or that I don't like it that much. I know I have to get used to it, but Jesus you exaggerate everything.

That last bit about Hypixel is so easy to say. ''why don't you go to Hypixel then?''. You are twisting my words here for the 10th time. I'm taking Hypixel as an example. There are dozens of other servers that do the same. By definition, I haven't compared Hypixel to CubeCraft here.

Entitypizza

Jul 19, 2022
Belgium
I don't disagree, but right now the negative reactions feel overwhelming. In public chat, I've asked for opinions on the new update in several maps (mostly FFA, admittedly) and about 7 out of 10 reactions, if not more, are negative, which is a statistic that aligns with the reactions on the forums and other platforms.
Please keep in mind that not all players who have negative opinions are without hope. There are certainly changes that are considered decent by a lot of people (like the new map in FFA and skywars, or the addition of crossbows), but overall the statistics show that the update has caused more harm than good in a lot of player's opinions.
I do believe that the people who love the new update should be heard as well, but in no way is there proof that they form a majority of the playerbase. It's too early to tell the true effects of the update on the playercount, as any big update -good or bad- will temporarily attract more players to the server.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi there, we have an open discussion for the EggWars Season 2 Beta development up here:

Please give us your feedback on these suggested changes, and let us know about any other tweaks you think we should look at.

We'll be changing and tweaking EggWars Season 2 throughout the Beta period, so any changes made in this time can be undone or changed further without issue.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥳
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Watch your redaction score and messages, (66 and 444) xD
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #45-
The largest known prime number has 24,862,048 digits. This prime number is 2 multiplied by itself 82,589,933 times, minus 1.
Mintypie231 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you so much for the follow!!
Top Bottom