Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2022
I've attached a screenshot showing their reason for denial.

I'd like to say they are literally doing anything they can to justify this stupid bundle at this point and cannot take the fact that it is offensive and not a good idea, they keep trying to shove it under the rug and its annoying, literally timing out people who spoke out about it on the discord for a week.

anyways, the reason for denial was essentially that it's okay because other people made similar bundles in the marketplace???? He also brought roblox into it like that's somehow relevant because "kids are exposed to it" What?! Lmao... this is elementary school stuff, just because someone else does it, doesn't make it right.

So what if other people are exposing kids to it... its still wrong, its directly supporting satanism and its messed up, cubecraft shouldn't be contributing to it...

Team Cubecraft, just face it, almost everyone in this situation is against you... INCLUDING SOME OF YOUR OWN TEAM MEMBERS AND PARTNERS! I don't get what's so hard about just apologizing and removing it??? Just admit yall messed up... Its also so hypocritical because when I tried to talk about it in the discord, I was told by a certain admin to keep topics of religion out of the discord?! I cannot take these people serious...

If you want to drop this situation, stop further escalating it and take your community's advice...

Attachments

• Screenshot (424).png
    Screenshot (424).png
    472.8 KB · Views: 62

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
Incase you missed Cam's reply to your post.

This is really not going anywhere. It has been mentioned multiple times, I believe, that the bundle would not be going anywhere. Cam also attached a statement from his reply made by the designer of the bundle addressing that this did not intend to offend anyone's religion & is more for style & the current pop culture. "Just because someone else is doing it, does not make it right", thats how trends are, no? Or else no one would be doing them if it was not how it works (this is just my opinion)

I still do believe the pack was not meant to offend anyone's religion. The simpler option would be, just ignoring it and moving on.

ItzzWxrrior

Novice Member
Dec 4, 2022
Russia, Moscow
Pronouns
He/Him
I've attached a screenshot showing their reason for denial.

I'd like to say they are literally doing anything they can to justify this stupid bundle at this point and cannot take the fact that it is offensive and not a good idea, they keep trying to shove it under the rug and its annoying, literally timing out people who spoke out about it on the discord for a week.

anyways, the reason for denial was essentially that it's okay because other people made similar bundles in the marketplace???? He also brought roblox into it like that's somehow relevant because "kids are exposed to it" What?! Lmao... this is elementary school stuff, just because someone else does it, doesn't make it right.

So what if other people are exposing kids to it... its still wrong, its directly supporting satanism and its messed up, cubecraft shouldn't be contributing to it...

Team Cubecraft, just face it, almost everyone in this situation is against you... INCLUDING SOME OF YOUR OWN TEAM MEMBERS AND PARTNERS! I don't get what's so hard about just apologizing and removing it??? Just admit yall messed up... Its also so hypocritical because when I tried to talk about it in the discord, I was told by a certain admin to keep topics of religion out of the discord?! I cannot take these people serious...

If you want to drop this situation, stop further escalating it and take your community's advice...
people argue so much abt name of the pack, who cares

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
I'm not even a Christian but y'all literally changed the 'Christmas event' to 'Winter event'

⬇️
Hello CubeCrafters!

Our Winter 2020 event is here and it's joined our Java & Bedrock networks. As you can see, we've rebranded the name of this event, but it's still full on joy!

And now you do this, that's so hypocritical ngl. And the way you handled the situation is just absurd.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Incase you missed Cam's reply to your post.

This is really not going anywhere. It has been mentioned multiple times, I believe, that the bundle would not be going anywhere. Cam also attached a statement from his reply made by the designer of the bundle addressing that this did not intend to offend anyone's religion & is more for style & the current pop culture. "Just because someone else is doing it, does not make it right", thats how trends are, no? Or else no one would be doing them if it was not how it works (this is just my opinion)

I still do believe the pack was not meant to offend anyone's religion. The simpler option would be, just ignoring it and moving on.
"That's how trends are, no?" has got to be one of the dumbest justifications I've ever read on this website. Following that reasoning, why don't we add some anti-furry content packs? Heard that's 'trendy' as well.

Jokes (or not?) aside though, I believe that refraining from taking part in religious/political discussions has always been a rule that's been enforced prominently, making Cube itself miss the exact point that it's been trying to make. Kind of hypocritical.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not even a Christian but y'all literally changed the 'Christmas event' to 'Winter event'
I would like to mention that the Winter event covers more than just Christmas as it's available the entirety of December + a bit of January too. Yes, most of the games and loot may Christmas-themed, but labeling the event as Christmas means it will also be limited to that holiday only.

I fully agree with what @JustNathie said. Nobody is forcing you to buy the bundle, it's just there and was created with the sole purpose of selling it, like any business would do.

I don't get what's so hard about just apologizing and removing it??? Just admit yall messed up... Its also so hypocritical because when I tried to talk about it in the discord, I was told by a certain admin to keep topics of religion out of the discord?! I cannot take these people serious...
The intention of the creator of the bundle was never to target anyone's beliefs or religion, which was clearly stated in the statement provided by Cam from the creator on the original feedback post. On top of that, there's all the reasons provided already by Cam and Hazard. There is no need to apologize and it is not a mistake.

If you were told off on the Discord by a staff member, it was for good reason. There has been ongoing drama, regarding this topic especially, for several days on end now and the majority takes place there. Constant complaints and drama, especially in a public place where people just wish to chat happily, are not favourable at all. The final decision on how to handle this rests with Team CubeCraft. Complaining about a final decision that was made, or wasn't made, doesn't help your case and will likely only result in further punishment. Same applies to punishments issued by a staff member, but that's another topic so I won't go out of my way to discuss it here.

CubeCraft is not escalating the situation. Rather, members constantly complaining are when it is not necessary in the slightest. As stated publicly before, the opening effect bundle will not be removed. No one is forced to take advice and Team CubeCraft isn't forced to implement every suggestion that is made by the community - or team members, for that matter. The final decision has been made already.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
@profpie2000 made a good thread covering this topic; it was a pretty well-done and respectful thread in my opinion

I think that instead of removing the opening pack, small changes could be made to it instead, at least maybe some name changes

One of the most controversial things was most likely applying the term “Devil” to the particular items in the opening pack; this should be changed to a different word in my opinion (same with the description and maybe the names of the effects). I feel like that’s taking it a little too far from cosmetics with red horns. The cosmetics should just be spooky and/or mysterious without bringing the devil theme into it

On the other hand, I understand the original intentions with the pack and the naming of the pack; it wasn’t intended to promote anything or to offend anyone. It was based off a trend and the creator was just being creative

So, I personally think that removing the pack would be a little too much, but keeping the pack the exact same would also be much

I personally think that changes should be made, at least by changing some words; (it would also be good if the cosmetics were edited a little as well, but that can’t be guaranteed).

If at least some name changes were made, that would be a good solution to this problem in my opinion. 👍

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello wolfking253822,

As mentioned already, your other suggestion has been replied too, handled and sadly denied. Please refrain from making duplicate suggestions.

Also @Awabbatt - We changed "Christmas" to "Winter" at the request of Microsoft, as they don't allow that term for religious reasons. "Devil" or "Demon" is fine with Microsoft to be used.

Thanks,
Cam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Top Bottom