Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
Hey!
So, I don’t like leaving people wondering or have their suspense kill them inside, so please, allow me to explain starting from the beginning.

It was June 30th, 2014. The same exact day I bought Minecraft- I’ve explain this before, but let me explain again! I had a friend and her name was Kimmy. I remember we were in a Skype call and she was helping me download this wonderful game that I’ve been wanting for several years. I was so excited, I wanted to go on servers that YouTubers went on, but I’m glad I was a very easy convincing guy, because she told me about SkyWars on CubeCraft. I joined the server and I played one game and totally fell in love. So much that I even forgot there were other games available. Within a few months, I made friends. I met my best friend @Willow. Within months she introduced me to many more people in which I still talk to! We eventually had a clan without realizing it. Every afternoon we would all play survival game or just hang in the lobby and talk. Occasionally, I would see a group of moderators enter the lobby and I would say to myself, “Hey.. I want to be just like them. I want people to look up to me and I want to look cool!” And admittedly I was jealous. I literally wanted to be them. A few weeks later, a mutual friend of me and Willow’s got helper. He was one of the very first helpers there was.

At this point, I was literally a watch dog. I looked out for any rule breakers and I was building up an intimidating reputation for myself. I thought I deserved helper. As cocky as I may have sounded, I really did believe that. I applied and within 2 weeks I got a message from the one and only Efcluke94, the heart of every map!! I was given an interview and oh my god, I was so scared. In my mind, Luke was the authority. I was scared of this guy, but I remember everything so clearly. He was eating some crackers while interviewing me and it was great. A few days later- it was December I believe, I was in the survival games lobby and the color of my name suddenly turned pink. My friends were confused because helper was not that common and they’ve never seen it before.

2 weeks went by and here it came. The Chunk merged with CubeCraft. Things didn’t feel the same and I was promoted to a moderator within 2 weeks. Literally. In my mind I totally believed that I would kill the role. I aspired to be the staff members that I looked up to and so.. I did. I was too focused on being the best of the best. I would be with my friends, Foodyling, ModernRevolution and SerketSyndrome. I remember clearly, we would always be playing egg wars and on the side I would secretly do reports. I would always do this and it got to the point where Foody actually made memes about it.
https://imgur.com/gallery/LMcRU

A little over 2 months of being a mod, I got demoted. (How ironic, also on Valentine’s Day) and it was all due to rushing with reports and making mistakes. I was warned over and over and it came to that point where.. they had to let me go. I cried! At the time, this server was my everything! I was in the process of growing up and it all took place on this server. I knew that things wouldn’t be the same with my friends because they were staff members and I wasn’t. But just wait!

I didn’t have anywhere to go and I enjoyed this server too much to just let it go. I continued to do what a normal member did and I reported, helped people out and I built up my reputation in months. I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say, but somehow :new_moon_with_face: in 2016 of September, I made it back to the team, but as a helper. I was so pumped and so excited to get back to what I loved to do. I was so happy that I had it all back.

In a month, I became a moderator. During this time, I definitely made sure I knew what I was doing. I focused on doing the job correctly more than trying to be the best. I finally did what everyone told me I couldn’t do.. again. During this time, there was a little bit of drama, gossip, love, interaction and actually feeling alive! One of the best years.

June 29, 2017, I was promoted to SrMod. The one rank I wish I had, ever since before I was staff. Just thought I’d also mention, it was 3 days after my birthday, so I’ll consider it a late birthday present, Tacos, even though it had nothing to do with my birthday!- This thread is about being honest and finally opening up, so I will. I felt unworthy of the rank, I really did. At the time, there were other staff members doing so much more and contributing things I knew I would never be able to contribute. I didn’t feel like I deserved it. This was also the time where things went down hill. My friends had left the team and also left me. I felt so lonely. So unmotivated, I was. School had taken up my time and so did other interests- but that’s a totally different thread. From then until now, it’s been lonely. I’ve been missing out on a lot of things and in reality, I became inactive. My work was no longer efficient and I just wasn’t needed anymore.

And now, here we are. Feeling absolutely grateful for everything and having so much honor. For those who read this far and are saying that CubeCraft is ‘falling apart,’ please don’t say that lol. This server did have a low point, but they’re trying to build themselves back up and you guys have to give them a chance. I know how much they’re trying to revamp themselves, but you guys have to meet them half way there. They can’t do it all without you guys. You guys are their main support system and you guys have to get your message across, too, because at the end of the day, you guys are the ones playing the games and donating to the sever.

Another thing, please do me a favor and stop the negativity/controversy. I’m leaving my heart here and I’m hoping this community gets back to being one of the best ones. Have hope for this server and continue supporting it. I’ll be sticking around and seeing what’s up around here.

Last thing, if you guys want to know what plans I have for myself and what I’ll be up to in my future, let me know and I’ll be more than happy to open up and share with you guys!
df3d12b0850ea3c3a3fdd3b10bc961f6.gif

Last edited:

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I don't think you understand how much I'm going to miss you around Jose juan but good luck and keep in touch! <3

Reactions: Cyan

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Actually, my respect has grown for you because of this story.
You were a good guy and a good Moderator. Just remember that!
Good luck in the future and I hope you stick around on this platform. <3

elchuii

Jan 26, 2018
twitter.com
Hey!
So, I don’t like leaving people wondering or have their suspense kill them inside, so please, allow me to explain starting from the beginning.

It was June 30th, 2014. The same exact day I bought Minecraft- I’ve explain this before, but let me explain again! I had a friend and her name was Kimmy. I remember we were in a Skype call and she was helping me download this wonderful game that I’ve been wanting for several years. I was so excited I wanted to go on servers that YouTubers went on, but I’m glad I was a very easy convincing guy, because she told me about SkyWars on CubeCraft. I joined the server and I played one game and totally fell in love. So much that I even forgot there were other games available. Within a few months I made friends. I met my best friend @Willow. Within months she introduced me to many more people in which I still talk to! We eventually had a clan without realizing it. Every afternoon we would all play survival game or just hang in the lobby and talk. Occasionally, I would see a group of moderators enter the lobby and I would say to myself, “Hey.. I want to be just like them. I want people to look up to me and I want to look cool!” And admittedly I was jealous. I literally wanted to be them. A few weeks later, a mutual friend of me and Willow’s got helper. He was one of the very first helpers there was.

At this point, I was literally a watch dog. I looked out for any rule breakers and I was building up an intimidating reputation for myself. I thought I deserved helper. As cocky as I may have sounded, I really did believe that. I applied and within 2 weeks I got a message from the one and only Efcluke94, the heart of every map!! I was given an interview and omg I was so scared. In my mind, Luke was the authority. I was scared of this guy, but I remember everything so clearly. He was eating some crackers while interviewing me and It was great. A few days later, it was December i believe, I was in the survival games lobby and my name suddenly turned pink. My friends were confused because helper was not that common and they’ve never seen it before.

2 weeks went by and here it came. The Chunk merged with CubeCraft. Things didn’t feel the same and I was promoted to a moderator within 2 weeks. Literally. In my mind I totally believed that I would kill the role. I aspired to be the staff members that i looked up to and so.. I did. I was too focused on being the best of the best. I would be with my friends, Foodyling, ModernRevolution and SerketSyndrome. I remember clearly, we would always be playing egg wars and on the side I would secretly do reports. I would always do this and it got to the point where Foody actually made memes about it.

A little over 2 months of being a mod, I got demoted. (How ironic. Also on Valentine’s Day) and it was all due to rushing with reports and making mistakes. I was warned over and over and it came to that point where.. they had to let me go. I cried! At the time, this server was my everything! I was in the process of growing up and it all took place on this server. I knew that things wouldn’t be the same with my friends because they were staff and I wasn’t. But just wait!

I didn’t have anywhere to go and I enjoyed this server too much to just let it go. I continued to do what a normal member did and I reported, helped people out and I built up my reputation in months. I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say, but somehow :new_moon_with_face: in 2016 of September, I made it back to the team, but as a helper. I was so pumped and so excited to get back to what I loved to do. I was so happy that I had it all back.

In a month, I became a moderator. During this time, I definitely made sure I knew what I was doing. I focused on doing the job correctly more than trying to be the best. I finally did what everyone told me I couldn’t do.. again. During this time, there was a little bit of drama, gossip, love, interaction and actually feeling alive! One of the best years.

June 29, 2017 I was promoted to SrMod. The one rank I wish I had, ever since before I was staff. Just thought I’d also mention, it was 3 days after my birthday, so I’ll consider it a late birthday present, Tacos even though it had nothing to do with my birthday! This thread is about being honest and finally opening up, so I will. I felt unworthy of the rank, I really did. At the time, there were other staff doing so much more and contributing things I knew I would never be able to contribute. I didn’t feel like I deserved it. This was also the time where things went down hill. My friends had left the team and me and I felt so lonely. So unmotivated, I was. School had taken up my time and so did other things, but that’s a totally different thread. From then until now, it’s been lonely. I’ve been missing out on a lot of things and in reality, I became inactive. My work was no longer efficient and I just wasn’t needed anymore.

And now, here we are. Feeling absolutely grateful for everything and having so much honor. For those who read this far and are saying that CubeCraft is ‘falling apart,’ please don’t say that lol. This server did have a low point, but they’re trying to build themselves back up and you guys have to give them a chance. I know how much they’re trying to revamp themselves, but you guys have to meet them half way there. They can’t do it all without you guys. You guys are their main support system and you guys have to get your message across too, because at the end of the day, you guys are the ones playing the games and donating to the sever.

Another thing, please do me a favor and stop the negativity/controversy. I’m leaving my heart here and I’m hoping this community gets back to being one of the best ones. Have hope for this server and continue supporting it. I’ll be sticking around and seeing what’s up around here.

Last thing, if you guys want to know what plans I have for myself and what I’ll be up to in my future, let me know and I’ll be more than happy to open up and share with you guys!
I'm proud of you, you did a good job. I'd like to see you as a staff again, even if you don't agree:(

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Honestly, I don't have any words to express how this makes me feel.
I just got a huge kick of nostalgia from the forums back in the golden 2016, and I don't even know where it came from. This thread has got to be one of the most well put together pieces of text I've literally ever read.
Cyan, honestly, I deeply respect you. You've even gone to the lengths of leaving behind this pretty emotional message perfectly describing your experience.
11/10 thread.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
It’s always so so sad to see another player who I have been friends with for so long to leave :( But I really wish you the best in your future and I hope to still see you around in game sometimes. Thanks for everything :D

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Going to miss you Cyan. If you are on, don't you dare be a stranger! You were one of the ones I had looked up to and it is sad to see you go. Hope life treats you well and I know we will stay in contact. You became such an amazing friend to me and an inspiration, as is your story. Thank you for all you have done for the server, but also for me. I will never forget you or what you contributed. ^-^ <3

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hey!

It was June 30th, 2014. The same exact day I bought Minecraft- I’ve explain this before, but let me explain again! I had a friend and her name was Kimmy. I remember we were in a Skype call and she was helping me download this wonderful game that I’ve been wanting for several years. I was so excited I wanted to go on servers that YouTubers went on, but I’m glad I was a very easy convincing guy, because she told me about SkyWars on CubeCraft. I joined the server and I played one game and totally fell in love. So much that I even forgot there were other games available. Within a few months I made friends. I met my best friend @Willow. Within months she introduced me to many more people in which I still talk to! We eventually had a clan without realizing it. Every afternoon we would all play survival game or just hang in the lobby and talk. Occasionally, I would see a group of moderators enter the lobby and I would say to myself, “Hey.. I want to be just like them. I want people to look up to me and I want to look cool!” And admittedly I was jealous. I literally wanted to be them. A few weeks later, a mutual friend of me and Willow’s got helper. He was one of the very first helpers there was.

At this point, I was literally a watch dog. I looked out for any rule breakers and I was building up an intimidating reputation for myself. I thought I deserved helper. As cocky as I may have sounded, I really did believe that. I applied and within 2 weeks I got a message from the one and only Efcluke94, the heart of every map!! I was given an interview and omg I was so scared. In my mind, Luke was the authority. I was scared of this guy, but I remember everything so clearly. He was eating some crackers while interviewing me and It was great. A few days later, it was December i believe, I was in the survival games lobby and my name suddenly turned pink. My friends were confused because helper was not that common and they’ve never seen it before.

2 weeks went by and here it came. The Chunk merged with CubeCraft. Things didn’t feel the same and I was promoted to a moderator within 2 weeks. Literally. In my mind I totally believed that I would kill the role. I aspired to be the staff members that i looked up to and so.. I did. I was too focused on being the best of the best. I would be with my friends, Foodyling, ModernRevolution and SerketSyndrome. I remember clearly, we would always be playing egg wars and on the side I would secretly do reports. I would always do this and it got to the point where Foody actually made memes about it.

A little over 2 months of being a mod, I got demoted. (How ironic. Also on Valentine’s Day) and it was all due to rushing with reports and making mistakes. I was warned over and over and it came to that point where.. they had to let me go. I cried! At the time, this server was my everything! I was in the process of growing up and it all took place on this server. I knew that things wouldn’t be the same with my friends because they were staff and I wasn’t. But just wait!

June 29, 2017 I was promoted to SrMod. The one rank I wish I had, ever since before I was staff. Just thought I’d also mention, it was 3 days after my birthday, so I’ll consider it a late birthday present, Tacos even though it had nothing to do with my birthday! This thread is about being honest and finally opening up, so I will. I felt unworthy of the rank, I really did. At the time, there were other staff doing so much more and contributing things I knew I would never be able to contribute. I didn’t feel like I deserved it. This was also the time where things went down hill. My friends had left the team and me and I felt so lonely. So unmotivated, I was. School had taken up my time and so did other things, but that’s a totally different thread. From then until now, it’s been lonely. I’ve been missing out on a lot of things and in reality, I became inactive. My work was no longer efficient and I just wasn’t needed anymore.

And now, here we are. Feeling absolutely grateful for everything and having so much honor. For those who read this far and are saying that CubeCraft is ‘falling apart,’ please don’t say that lol. This server did have a low point, but they’re trying to build themselves back up and you guys have to give them a chance. I know how much they’re trying to revamp themselves, but you guys have to meet them half way there. They can’t do it all without you guys. You guys are their main support system and you guys have to get your message across too, because at the end of the day, you guys are the ones playing the games and donating to the sever.

Good luck! <3
We will all miss you. What an emotional roller coaster for ya! Sad to see you go.
It’s moments like these when i wamt to give a hug.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
We'll miss you, Cyan! It's sad to see amazing, respected players leave. Thanks for what you did for the community, you'll always hold a spot in Cube's heart!

Reactions: Anmazing and Cyan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
Top Bottom