Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good starter setup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
So in the next year I am going to get a job (I'm 16) to save up around £550 to buy parts to build my pc (not pre-built). Here is the list of parts.

Seagate Desktop 1 TB Internal HDD ST1000DM003

Corsair RMi Series RM650i ATX Power Supply

MSI AMD R7 370 Graphics Card

ASUS 1155 p8H67-M Motherboard

HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz

cryorig micocr-c7 - CPU Cooling Fan

Intel Core i3 6100 CPU

Corsair SPEC-ALPHA Windowed Mid-Tower ATX Case

This is just a starter to play games on and as a base to upgrade, I will upgrade it in the future.

Suggest any changes to this build and any upgrades I can use that are compatible for this setup :)

I know there are a lot of PC Master Race enthusiasts in this community

I chose not to game on a PS4 or a Xbox One because using a PC is better for me as I can also use it for school work and other stuff.

This is what I have been doing to keep track of the price of the products for the pc, I will edit it along the line with your hopefully better and cheaper suggestions
PC.PNG

Edit:
- Changed CPU to Intel Core i3 6100
- Changed PSU to Corsair CP-9020097 550w
- Changed motherboard to the ASUS 1155 p8H67-M

Last edited:

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
As said above by @JustLoveIt , I have built my own PC. I know a lot about them. As for your choices I would not be of much help, the reason why is because I would never recommend an AMD CPU (sorry to all you AMD guys), so I don't really have much to say for your CPU choice .

The other thing I noticed was the wattage of your PSU, considering the purpose and components used in this build, 650w seems overkill. Even if you were to upgrade to a better GPU and CPU, a 550w PSU would do you fine .

I am more than happy to make you a PC picker parts list in the morning, I will send it to you in a PM.

Thanks, cya soon .

Pingu_

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2015
As said above by @JustLoveIt , I have built my own PC. I know a lot about them. As for your choices I would not be of much help, the reason why is because I would never recommend an AMD CPU (sorry to all you AMD guys), so I don't really have much to say for your CPU choice .
What CPU would you recommend? And why not an AMD? could you please go into further detail

Reactions: SkoodyDood

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
What CPU would you recommend? And why not an AMD? could you please go into further detail

I am a very brand loyal person, I really trust Intel. A few of my mates have built PC's. One or two of them used AMD CPUs. They have both already burnt out, and it's been less than a year and a half.

Personally, I use the i5-6500, which in my opinion is the best mid range CPU. Your current motherboard would not be compatible, so I'll find someone new in the morning.

As for your build, I would recommend a i3-6100 , it's hyperthreading makes it act just like a Quad Core CPU. Perfect for most games.

It's currently midnight where I am, and it's been a very long day. I will continue this conversation in a PM with you tomorrow where you can ask as many questions as you like.

Reactions: Pingu_

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I just saw the edit on your post, and I just thought I'd say (before I go to sleep) that I cannot recommend this website enough.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com

For anyone thinking of building a PC in the UK, it is the best website I have ever used. This is not advertising, it's a website that will help people build PC's. It's the website which I used.

Reactions: Pingu_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom