Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MarkSmit

Jul 9, 2018
Hello there,

At the moment you get muted, you can’t chat in any way possible, of which i think this Goes way too far. I think you should still be able to fmsg or pchat so you Atleast can chat with your in-game friends. There is absolutely no point whatsoever in taking away the ability to talk to your friends.

G

Gamerfull

I am not at all in agreement with this idea, since if they change it will not be a prohibition because it is assumed that when you get a mute you can not talk (because that's what it is) if they put it so you can talk to your friends it will not be a mute or anything If you get it you have to assume it and learn from your mistakes.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I think you should still be able to fmsg
I do agree with that. Muted players were able to do this before, have no info why they aren't anymore. But I guess why... maybe it is not really a punishment if they were able to communicate with friends. Or maybe to stop rule breakers from breaking chat rules through friend messages:
Server chat rules apply to ALL server chat, including party chat and private messages.
Still doesn't change the fact that in extreme cases, players should have the opportunity to communicate with players. If not through friend messages, there should be something else.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
The reason for a mute is to stop the player from speaking in chat because of something that they said that was against the rules. If the player were allowed to chat in any form while "muted" then they more than likely wouldn't learn their lesson. If they need another way to speak to someone, they can attempt to find their friend(s) via discord or something like that.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
If they need another way to speak to someone, they can attempt to find their friend(s) via discord or something like that.
At least being able to /msg staff members in-game. See no harm in that. Of course, if the rule breaker keeps offending/saying inappropriate things, the staff member will have the opportunity to stop the conversation.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I have to agree with Snodia. People will not learn to stop breaking the rules if they are allowed to continue chatting. And it’s not like these people didn’t know the rules. We give out warnings before muting, so they have plenty of time to change their behavior. And in the cases where warnings aren’t required, it’s for situations bad enough to warrant an instant mute, like telling others to kill themselves. I see no good reason to let people who talk in chat like this continue doing so while being muted, even if it’s just to their friends. Don’t break the rules if you can’t stand the consequences.
At least being able to /msg staff members in-game. See no harm in that. Of course, if the rule breaker keeps offending/saying inappropriate things, the staff member will have the opportunity to stop the conversation.
I don’t support this either. It would be more difficult to keep track of who is talking normally or who is talking with a mute. It would also mean we would have to look up punishments while in a game to check if the person spamming me is muted and needing to have that updated for staff conversations or if they they aren’t muted and need one. Just adds more complexity to something that should remain simple.
This could be good for someones first chat punishment
We have a punishment stacking system so first time offenses don’t last very long (3 days for first swearing offense) and those are also after a warning. So if they don’t like not being able to chat to their friends in game, then they can stop breaking the rules

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
It would be more difficult to keep track of who is talking normally or who is talking with a mute. It would also mean we would have to look up punishments while in a game to check if the person spamming me is muted and needing to have that updated for staff conversations or if they they aren’t muted and need one.
Maybe adding another command for muted players only. Like /message request <insert staff member's username> where you can deny or accept request and chat with the punished person. Also, you can quit the conversation using another command. Of course, that's only an example for a solution, I am sure there are even more.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LukaG_ wrote on caraMel's profile.
💙
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
This page looks familiar, I don't know where I last saw it mmmm
GiGaGekkies wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Bedankt voor het volgen!
JokeKaedee wrote on Xi1m's profile.
wow basket 2.0
Top Bottom