Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlnostalgic

Novice Member
Aug 1, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
Look many mutes in this server is irresistibly bad, I mean let me take a example of a few days ago… I was in lobby and asked “need 8 mega”, waited 2-3 mins no reply so more people would join the lobby so I said it again. Well I waited no reply and finally I did it once more until people started saying “me” well I got a 4 day mute because of this, now do you not think this is somewhat ridiculous?!? I mean all it takes is for the person who screenshot the report to have someone ignored! However in this report the person who reported me had left out more messages below of what people said “me” now this is so bad that I honestly think something needs to change. Solution 1- have video evidence not only a screenshot (so player has to go through chat to prove it is not “spam”. Solution 2- this one I think would have stopped me getting muted all together, but have a time when a message was sent next to the actual message example (3:07pm) then the next message of mine would have been (3:09pm) well I think this would help stop false mutes especially by people who hate me or anyone who they are trying to mute. (Btw if you are reading this I know who you are sir who got me muted). Anyways what do you all think about this situation I personally think there should be a kick feature rather than a mute for asking for people to join over a varied time. Anyways 👋

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Hello there! While I tempt to vote for unsure regarding your suggestion, I changed my mind and disagreed.

Solution 1- have video evidence not only a screenshot (so player has to go through chat to prove it is not “spam”. Solution 2- this one I think would have stopped me getting muted all together, but have a time when a message was sent next to the actual message example (3:07pm) then the next message of mine would have been (3:09pm) well I think this would help stop false mutes especially by people who hate me or anyone who they are trying to mute. (Btw if you are reading this I know who you are sir who got me muted). Anyways what do you all think about this situation I personally think there should be a kick feature rather than a mute for asking for people to join over a varied time.
1 - Video evidence would obviously help the moderators out very much. I've also been asked by the moderation team to rather use video proof instead of barely getting all three spam messages on a screenshot or two. However, having this required is not needed when the messages' interval is very short and the messages are clearly visible on one or two screenshot(s).

2 - There are a few clients that provide the current chat time. I believe you didn't aim to suggest adding a time feature to every message, because that would be more than just gratuitous, in my opinion.

Look many mutes in this server is irresistibly bad, I mean let me take a example of a few days ago… I was in lobby and asked “need 8 mega”, waited 2-3 mins no reply so more people would join the lobby so I said it again. Well I waited no reply and finally I did it once more until people started saying “me” well I got a 4 day mute because of this, now do you not think this is somewhat ridiculous?!?
"Spamming is defined as posting unwanted or unnecessary messages, often repeatedly in a short amount of time.
The Spamming rule covers the following situations:
- Posting random strings of symbols in 3 or more messages.
- Sending the same message or content 3 or more times.
- Exceptions may be made by the moderation team if the context requires it." etc.

I would say that's proportionate and shouldn't be changed.

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
I think if you are looking for someone to play with, you should ask on CC discord in #looking-for-party channel. Asking in-game isn't that effective imo, and comes with problems like this.

Though, agree that(within chat) video evidence may be in some cases more helpful then just screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Wow, congrats on Helper, man
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on Frontlane's profile.
good job, good luck
Eli
From musical hater to musical lover with a single trick: my girlfriend forced me to watch Hamilton 😂
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
Top Bottom