Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

tant33

Mar 6, 2016
Good evening, first I want to ask you to read this post carefully before you are going to reply. I think voice chat could be a great feature for the server because almost no other big server has this. It would also bring the community more together. Maybe you are thinking now that voice chat would be hard to moderate and people could easy abuse it, which is true but in my post I will explain why we need this which requirements cube has to make so that no one can abuse it.

Why?
- Easier to communicate toward teammates
- Can make games more intense

Requirements?
- Distance limit for global (you don't want everyone to talk at the same time)
- Toggleable between friends, party & global
- Only between teammates in gamemodes like eggwars.

- Verified account (linked with cubecraft forms) => to prevent spam from alt accounts
- 10 hours of playtime

What if someone is abusing voice chat?
Player:
- can report him
- can mute him (other people can still hear him)
maybe there has to be a way you can always see who is speaking so you can report the right person

Staff:
- can join a player his game and mute him
- can globally disable voice chat

Note: maybe you can recruit more helpers to make sure everyone is being nice.

Please consider adding this to the server as this can be a great experience.

multigamer81

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2019
First. Adding voice chat to the server sound great, but there is one big problem to your statement. How would they add voice chat to the server. Its just impossible. You cant add voice chat to the server when the hole game doesnt even support it. You are probably thinking of them making a plugin but did you think how would they implement this. They will need to add some options like which microphone do you want to use or which out-put option do you want. Again, its just impossible to add these things with just a simple plugin. There is another option. Using a voice chat mod. This would probably work fine but a lot of people dont know how to download mods, soo this wont do it either.

Second. Bedrock. I dont think that cubecraft will ever add something on only one of there servers. I mean that they will need to add it to bedrock, and we come to the same point in my first statement. How would the devs add it to bedrock.

Third. What if the other players in your team speak another. Like for example. Lets say you are in a game of Eggwars 4v4v4v4. The other players in your team are from German. Obviously they are going to speak german and you wont be able to understand a thing. And what if they are swearing. How would you know to report them, and how would the mod be able to understand what they are saying????

Overall I think that voice chat in CubeCraft would be strange to add. The only problems will be how to make it, and how to moderate it.

tant33

Mar 6, 2016
First. Adding voice chat to the server sound great, but there is one big problem to your statement. How would they add voice chat to the server. Its just impossible. You cant add voice chat to the server when the hole game doesnt even support it. You are probably thinking of them making a plugin but did you think how would they implement this. They will need to add some options like which microphone do you want to use or which out-put option do you want. Again, its just impossible to add these things with just a simple plugin. There is another option. Using a voice chat mod. This would probably work fine but a lot of people dont know how to download mods, soo this wont do it either.

Second. Bedrock. I dont think that cubecraft will ever add something on only one of there servers. I mean that they will need to add it to bedrock, and we come to the same point in my first statement. How would the devs add it to bedrock.

Third. What if the other players in your team speak another. Like for example. Lets say you are in a game of Eggwars 4v4v4v4. The other players in your team are from German. Obviously they are going to speak german and you wont be able to understand a thing. And what if they are swearing. How would you know to report them, and how would the mod be able to understand what they are saying????

Overall I think that voice chat in CubeCraft would be strange to add. The only problems will be how to make it, and how to moderate it.
Yeah you are right, I still didn't think about the languange gap.

Reactions: multigamer81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom