Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add more pvp gamemodes to 1.8 client?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 100818

Why is nobody explaining why 1.8 is a bad version?

At first, it's not a bad version, it's opinion based.

These are common reasons why people think it is a bad version.
  • Way too many hackers
  • Tryharders EVERYWHERE
  • Anti Cheats are not working as good as 1.9+ anti cheats (especially sentinel)
  • 1.9 seems like a challenge instead of just breaking your mouse

Anyone has their reasons to believe that it's a bad version, but it's not a fact, it's opinion based as I mentioned.

So basically, 1.8 is a game version I personally hate because of all those tryharders who worked too hard at getting one of the best at their PvP style and due to that they don't even consider trying something new, which I find disgusting if I may say so. For all the other players who have other reasons to play 1.8, I respect you, but I hate the kinds I mentioned.

Reactions: YNDIDON

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
It's just fun seing all of these comments how easy 1.8 is. Go on go to a pvp server with your 5 cps when you go against 10-15 cps pvpers.
Please do it and tell me it's easy.

You do know 1.8 has the best anti-cheats compared to every version right? (MegaCoin) I mean you can't use a single hacked client or even start autoclicker or have a single mod that isn't allowed on most big servers.

Shyry

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2017
At My Desk
www.cubecraft.net
Although I hate to say this, you've got to respect 1.8 players *ugh* as they're just (dumb) people as well.

EDIT: The dumb people are just the kind of people I mentioned down below..

It's not downgrading at all, if it was they should've removed 1.9 PvP, then you're talking about a downgrade.

As for the suggestion, this wouldn't affect any of my game experience as I'm a 1.9 player and it could only end up with more players (even though 87% of them are tryharders) So I wouldn't mind if other gamemodes were featured with 1.8 PvP.
I'd agree with that and I play 1.9

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
You do know 1.8 has the best anti-cheats compared to every version right? (MegaCoin) I mean you can't use a single hacked client or even start autoclicker or have a single mod that isn't allowed on most big servers.
I was able to hack on Mineplex for 8 hours without getting banned, and 40-70% of ranked players use Ghost Client. Only Hypixel and Badlion have a good anti-cheat. That's it

D

Deleted member 100818

You do know 1.8 has the best anti-cheats compared to every version right? (MegaCoin)
That's why 1.8 has way more hackers than 1.9 does. And I'm not only talking about CubeCraft. At 1.9, it's easier to detect hackers. And I bet you're (just as me) not a coder and don't have any java knowledge about this subject. But I do know that what I just said is true, as I witnessed it myself and a lot of others too.

Malentic

Novice Member
Nov 7, 2016
I was able to hack on Mineplex for 8 hours without getting banned, and 40-70% of ranked players use Ghost Client. Only Hypixel and Badlion have a good anti-cheat. That's it
I mean if you compare Mineplex with 4k players and hypixel with 30k daily of course hypixel has good anticheat. And badlion has a really good one aswell because they merged with kohi which was 2 of the BIGGEST servers for almost 3 years before hypixel took a leap of faith and added pvp styled gamemodes. Now look who's biggest.
Cubecraft with it's 3k(ish) would grow alot if you add 1.8 - 1.13. As I stated before, look at hypixel.

And those who use Ghost Clients on badlion & hypixel pay $100 or more, you can't use any free or below $100 and actually not get banned. So a simple solution = Get a better anti-cheat, less hackers.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I mean if you compare Mineplex with 4k players and hypixel with 30k daily of course hypixel has good anticheat. And badlion has a really good one aswell because they merged with kohi which was 2 of the BIGGEST servers for almost 3 years before hypixel took a leap of faith and added pvp styled gamemodes. Now look who's biggest.
Cubecraft with it's 3k(ish) would grow alot if you add 1.8 - 1.13. As I stated before, look at hypixel.

And those who use Ghost Clients on badlion & hypixel pay $100 or more, you can't use any free or below $100 and actually not get banned. So a simple solution = Get a better anti-cheat, less hackers.

Did you actually bother to do some real research, or did you just went ahead with the bandwagon?
- How many clients can you name cost over $100?
- There are reasons why you only see ~3000 players, 1) the timezone, 2) the server's location. Most players would prefer to play in a server where they can get decent ping, and not actually lag. Makes sense that most of the NA/SA players wouldn't want to play Cube.
- Considering Badlion revolves around PvP, of course they would have invested more into developing an anti cheat. Cube, on the other hand, probably doesn't. So saying "just get a better 1.8 anticheat doesn't equate to much."

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I listed undebatable reasons why 1.8 is the better version, I am curious if you can find any counterclaims without saying anything of opinions then I will see why opinions matter.
  • Way too many hackers
  • they are probably just better than you
    [*]Tryharders EVERYWHERE
    how is this a bad thing? People are just generally better at it, it is a challenge
    [*]Anti Cheats are not working as good as 1.9+ anti cheats (especially sentinel)
    Cubecraft's anticheat is possibly worse in 1.8, I doubt it but maybe it is, gcheat is much better than cubes
    [*]1.9 seems like a challenge instead of just breaking your mouse
°
Anyone has their reasons to believe that it's a bad version, but it's not a fact, it's opinion based as I mentioned.

So basically, 1.8 is a game version I personally hate because of all those tryharders who worked too hard at getting one of the best at their PvP style and due to that they don't even consider trying something new, which I find disgusting if I may say so. For all the other players who have other reasons to play 1.8, I respect you, but I hate the kinds I mentioned.
What I am hearing is if someone wants to play 1.8 and get good at it, then they specifically are disrespected for not liking 1.9... ok...
Did you actually bother to do some real research, or did you just went ahead with the bandwagon?
They are using a survey showing that more players play 1.8, theh are not giving their opinion
- How many clients can you name cost over $100?
Like none are, they seem very unknowledged.
- There are reasons why you only see ~3000 players, 1) the timezone, 2) the server's location. Most players would prefer to play in a server where they can get decent ping, and not actually lag. Makes sense that most of the NA/SA players wouldn't want to play Cube.
The Hive is an EU minigames server and has more players than CubeCraft as I am typing this.
- Considering Badlion revolves around PvP, of course they would have invested more into developing an anti cheat. Cube, on the other hand, probably doesn't. So saying "just get a better 1.8 anticheat doesn't equate to much."
Having a good anticheat is not something for specific servers, just because CubeCraft isn't as competitive doesn't mean it shouldn't have a good anticheat.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I listed undebatable reasons why 1.8 is the better version, I am curious if you can find any counterclaims without saying anything of opinions then I will see why opinions matter.

• they are probably just better than youhow is this a bad thing? People are just generally better at it, it is a challengeCubecraft's anticheat is possibly worse in 1.8, I doubt it but maybe it is, gcheat is much better than cubes

What I am hearing is if someone wants to play 1.8 and get good at it, then they specifically are disrespected for not liking 1.9... ok...

They are using a survey showing that more players play 1.8, theh are not giving their opinion

Like none are, they seem very unknowledged.

The Hive is an EU minigames server and has more players than CubeCraft as I am typing this.

Having a good anticheat is not something for specific servers, just because CubeCraft isn't as competitive doesn't mean it shouldn't have a good anticheat.
Can you state these "undisputable facts"

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Can you state these "undisputable facts"
I said them earlier but alright,
-Higher Skill cap because it is faster paced, more things to do in a shorter amount of time
-Any armor combination can work in 1.8, not in 1.9, full prot 4 diamond fights take far too long in 1.9.
-Less complicated armor system.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I'd advise you to use kinder language, thank you.
Is saying that something sucks not allowed???
Shockingly enough I have played 1.9 before, I was one of the best players I knew of (sorry if it sounds like i am boasting). I've been in a 1v5 on teaparty and let me tell you, I stood no chance, all 5 of them cornered me, I couldn't do anything, eventually my iron armor broke and they killed me. I've won a 1v3 in a UHC on 1.8 before. No natural Regen. I listed objective facts of why 1.8 is better.
It's quite easily actually. Try bringing two sets of armor. Something like 32 gapples, 1 notch, a punch bow and 3 stacks of blocks. I managed to defeat 3 teams with only those items and no team mates.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

YNDIDON

Mar 6, 2016
Slovakia
As i already said i dont see any facts here. Just personal experiences what may differ. Thats okay because (as in every discussion) we want to know experiences of other people just dont say word "facts" next to what you think and isnt based anywhere. None of us belongs to minecraft developers who actaully created both versions of pvp, so... We, as players, can only like or dislike pvp. Some people like 1.8 pvp, some adjust to 1.9 but still like both and some prefer 1.9. What is wrong with this? Cubecraft decided to stay updated as minecraft evolves. It took of course lot of effort and i praise cube people for it!

By the way, is it truth that one of 1.8 defender here in discussion just got banned for jitterclick? It would be fun if yes, you know xd

schot

Dec 12, 2017
the people that says that 1.8 pvpers are clickspam noobs no stfu.
I have played both and 1.8 pvp is lot more fun. There are way more tactics and you can keep inproving
litterly everyone can 1.9 pvp in a decent level after 1 week trust me

D

Deleted member 100818

• they are probably just better than you
They obviously are with killaura indeed.

Everyone has their own point of view in situations like these, you may think that the arguments you gave are facts, but a lot of them are not. And if you really think 1.9 sucks and everything, e-mail mojang or whoever the hell is in charge of it. Having the conversation about 1.8 vs 1.9 is pointless, I though you'd be aware of that by now.

how is this a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing, some people find it a bad thing. I mean, a lot of people hate people spam clicking for their life and are just more interested in the 1.9 style, and you cannot judge them for that.

Not at all, what I said there was not something general.The example I gave there was about my personal opinion, so you could say I disrespect those people I mentioned, then I'd be completely fine with it.

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium

These are common reasons why people think it is a bad version.
  • Tryharders EVERYWHERE
So basically, 1.8 is a game version I personally hate because of all those tryharders who worked too hard at getting one of the best at their PvP style.

Yeah, right, that’s why 1.9 Cube has all these people with tryhard names such as ‘iWillTryHardThCrqpOqtOfYou’ and 1.8 doesn’t (or barely doesn’t) ... x_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom