Status
Not open for further replies.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Hey, a couple of my friends have been false banned by Sentinel recently. They've appealed as necessary, I'm not trying to do that here. My question is why are some anticheat ban appeals getting denied by mods (rather than developers). When that happens did a dev still look at it and it just shows being denied by a mod, or did the mod deny it for some reason without a developer's help?

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
The developer's job is to develop and improve the anti cheat, the mod's job is moderation, isn't ban a moderation section? It is! So that's why mods look into the ban.
If it got denied then the moderator is sure that they have been cheating, they might be also reported as well but sentinel cough them first.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
The developer's job is to develop and improve the anti cheat, the mod's job is moderation, isn't ban a moderation section? It is! So that's why mods look into the ban.
No, developers are the ones that review appeals for anticheat bans.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
the appeals site simply is bugged, when a developer denies an appeal, the mod who forwarded the appeal shows up as ''denied by''
Thanks, is there a way to figure out which developer denied the appeal then? In case they have to start a conversation on the forums

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
Thanks, is there a way to figure out which developer denied the appeal then? In case they have to start a conversation on the forums
Just have them start a conversation and the mod will either redirect the user, or they will add the dev to the conversation.

Reactions: Deann

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
the appeals site simply is bugged, when a developer denies an appeal, the mod who forwarded the appeal shows up as ''denied by''

Although this is technically a necropost, I’m posting for anyone who is onlooking. Whoever denied your appeal is who denied your appeal. Mods have the ability to deny appeals in certain circumstances, which we cannot release publicly. We, the Anticheat team, deny/accept appeals where mods cannot handle them.

Whoever is said to have denied your appeal, please contact them first. If they actually weren’t the one to deny your appeal, then they will refer you to who actually denied your appeal.

Locked thread

Reactions: Critly
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Kazwa's profile.
hai kasper hows your day :3
UncleSpect wrote on xNessus's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
qKhalidd wrote on Egg🥚's profile.