Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Apparently the thread stating that Obsidian players are using their new options to insta-win was taken down, almost in an act of censorship. It basically stated that with the new voting options, player were choosing Quick Start + Hardcore and spamming silverfish for an instant-win, as the other enemy couldn't build towers in time to deal with it. This is pretty game-breaking and Pay2Win, so why would they hide this?

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Yea Ive been in a game with obsidian ranked player, and they did use this strategy which totally demolished us. Im sure staff are aware of it and figuring out how to fix it. But if it really is Pay2Win, then it might be against the EULA.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Apparently the thread stating that Obsidian players are using their new options to insta-win was taken down, almost in an act of censorship. It basically stated that with the new voting options, player were choosing Quick Start + Hardcore and spamming silverfish for an instant-win, as the other enemy couldn't build towers in time to deal with it. This is pretty game-breaking and Pay2Win, so why would they hide this?
It isn't pay to win at all
Neither teams are given an advantage with that
If they spam sliver fish and win
Here's an idea
Spam silver fish and win
Also they may have deleted it because they were taking it into account and deleting it so no more people would see it

Reactions: Manchot999

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Here's an idea
Spam silver fish and win
Also they may have deleted it because they were taking it into account and deleting it so no more people would see it
It's stupid that it exists in the first place. Why should donor options completely ruin the game to the point where the first person to click a button wins?

American__Idiot

Nov 14, 2015
Ok you are correct both teams can do this but isnt this game tower defence not mob rush.It will
get nerfed evenually just atm its a carrot to buy the rank pure greed on the owners part.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Yea, I would really hate to see cubecraft turn into pay to win. Currently its pay to vote and some games are a little pay to win...

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hi, I'm the author of the thread OP was talking about.

It wasn't deleted, it was moved to the Bug Reports subforum. Only I and the mods can see it.

I got silverfish rushed again 2 times since I made that thread, for a total of 8.

Hoping for a patch soon.

I still wonder if that synergy between the two voting options was intentional or accidental. You can get 2000 points with it per hour. Maybe the mods moved my thread so this exploit doesn't get abused even more, like jollow250 mentionned. in that case, this thread might get hidden too.
Here's an idea
Spam silver fish and win
Usually the premiums doing this go out in a team. That means that you will get 24 to 36 silverfish sent to you, while your teammates are often clueless, and you will only be able to send 12 silverfish. Most silverfish wins. You really need to know it for it to work.

The thread for the return of classic mode got locked. I have no idea why, and maybe the [Redacted] post at the end has something to do with it, but it's still odd. EDIT: The OP of the return of classic mode thread told me they wanted to lock it. I'm not against the new update, I just think it's unbalanced. Who else wants to place shulkers because they're funny but can't because you know you need to place turrets to win?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sophie

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
It's stupid that it exists in the first place. Why should donor options completely ruin the game to the point where the first person to click a button wins?
You don't seem to be wrapping your head around this
But you are over exaggerating this entire thing
It's not pay to win since you can just do it
and it isn't First Person to click a button wins since you seem to forget the existence of stabby, stabby, shooty, shooty, placey, placey

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
You don't seem to be wrapping your head around this
But you are over exaggerating this entire thing
It's not pay to win since you can just do it
You're missing their point. No, it isn't "pay to win" in Mojang's definition of the term, but it gives Obsidian+ users in teams an unbeatable advantage. It is an exploit.

I still wonder if that synergy between the two voting options was intentional or accidental
It was probably just not tested well enough before launch. Only staff are able to test games prior to launch, and a lot of the time there aren't enough staff to run two games simultaneously. This makes testing for bugs difficult.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
You're missing their point. No, it isn't "pay to win" in Mojang's definition of the term, but it gives Obsidian+ users in teams an unbeatable advantage. It is an exploit.

It was probably just not tested well enough before launch. Only staff are able to test games prior to launch, and a lot of the time there aren't enough staff to run two games simultaneously. This makes testing for bugs difficult.
Except it ISN'T an unbeatable exploit if you can just fight fire with fire and send they silver fish first

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Except it ISN'T an unbeatable exploit if you can just fight fire with fire and send they silver fish first
But that requires you to be in a coordinated team. Even so, you'd have to send them first despite the other team already being used to this strategy, and still might not win.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Trust me, I have tried that over and over again but you just cant stop 24 silverfish coming at you in hardcore mode with no towers on the field. The sword and bow doesn't do anything. And why would the deciding factor of who wins the game be whoever is faster at pushing a button?

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
I also tried to type in chat to convince everyone on the team to send silverfish. 4 of them understood, which is quite a miracle (usually only 0 to 2 players in a game of TD look at the chat).
Sadly, since the mob send timer is reduced, I wasn't able to type fast enough.

I also really want to believe it's accidental, but the following is suspicious to me:
50% more troop health, so you can't use the bow or sword, my best so far was 1 silverfish kill.
No castle guards, so you just have to watch the silverfish chip away at your castle while you're powerless.
The timer for mob sends is reduced, to end the game quickly and not give a chance to build towers.
Towers are built slowly, so you can't have them ready in time.
Funding gives 100 EXP at the start, exactly the price of the silverfish.

I really don't want to get into conspiracy stuff, it's probably just a huge coincidence, but this is still disturbing. In short, you're basically buying points with real money.

The obvious thing to do would be to remove the income voting options. (There is another synergy between double income and wooden sword pigmen which can be countered, but most people don't know how to and lose in 3 minutes. This is the grinding method used by people with less expensive ranks, it can be countered with a turret tower and an ice tower, both maxed path 1). That isn't that much developement time, since it's just add and multiply for coins and EXP.

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I also tried to type in chat to convince everyone on the team to send silverfish. 4 of them understood, which is quite a miracle (usually only 0 to 2 players in a game of TD look at the chat).
Sadly, since the mob send timer is reduced, I wasn't able to type fast enough.

I also really want to believe it's accidental, but the following is suspicious to me:
50% more troop health, so you can't use the bow or sword, my best so far was 1 silverfish kill.
No castle guards, so you just have to watch the silverfish chip away at your castle while you're powerless.
The timer for mob sends is reduced, to end the game quickly and not give a chance to build towers.
Towers are built slowly, so you can't have them ready in time.
Funding gives 100 EXP at the start, exactly the price of the silverfish.

I really don't want to get into conspiracy stuff, it's probably just a huge coincidence, but this is still disturbing. In short, you're basically buying points with real money.

The obvious thing to do would be to remove the income voting options. (There is another synergy between double income and wooden sword pigmen which can be countered, but most people don't know how to and lose in 3 minutes. This is the grinding method used by people with less expensive ranks, it can be countered with a turret tower and an ice tower, both maxed path 1). That isn't that much developement time, since it's just add and multiply for coins and EXP.
The exact same problem would lay for the other team
It's not like if you vote for that you instantly have more coins and EXP than the other team
It goes the exact same both ways
It gives no advantages in game

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The exact same problem would lay for the other team
It's not like if you vote for that you instantly have more coins and EXP than the other team
It goes the exact same both ways
It gives no advantages in game
requires you to be in a coordinated team. Even so, you'd have to send them first despite the other team already being used to this strategy, and still might not win.

Reactions: 0ffense

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
But that requires you to be in a coordinated team. Even so, you'd have to send them first despite the other team already being used to this strategy, and still might not win.
That isn't a valid point at all
Than would either A imply that the whole other team knows eachother/is in a party
Or that all members of their team always do this strategy and members of your team always don't know about it
Which the first 1 has literally no base
It's not like every game always has a party to fill up the team and in that party there is an obby rank
and the second 1 is also not a valid reason if get this that rarely would be found

Also @CommunistCactus i intentionally didn't Add that to the post
Because it would just be more arguments for the exact same few words you can sum it up in

Everything 1 team can do, the other can too

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Than would either A imply that the whole other team knows eachother/is in a party
Or that all members of their team always do this strategy and members of your team always don't know about it
It's not like every game always has a party to fill up the team and in that party there is an obby rank
and the second 1 is also not a valid reason if get this that rarely would be found

Because it would just be more arguments for the exact same few words you can sum it up in

Once a strategy (this case, an exploit) is popularized, more people will do it. If that exploit persists, then more people will leave the game. Simple.

He's saying that to beat the other team if they do the same silverfish cheese, then your team has to send more silverfish than they do AND click earlier.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016

Remember. 90% of TD players have no clue what they're doing. And in that 10%, even less people know about the silverfish strategy.

Situation 1: 1 obsidian player and 5 TD beginners vs. 6 TD beginners.
Obsidian guy wins. No need to explain.
Situation 2: 1 obsidian and 5 TD beginners vs. you and 5 TD beginners.
The obsidan people always seem to be in a group of 2 or 3. But if there is only one, it's 50% who sent the sliverfish first 50% luck.
Situation 3, the most common: 1 obsidian, 1 or 2 players in a party with them, 4 or 5 beginners vs. you, 4 or 5 beginners and maybe someone who knows the strategy.
The obsidian party will spam the send key. You and the other person, who you don't know, need to do the same. The obsidian people might kill one of your silverfish, granting them the win.

It's NOT equal. The obsidian people have the advantage of surprise almost always. If you try to get 2 ice towers in the middle and at the end, you can stall the enemy silverfish long enough for your mobs to arrive. However, the best strategy is to place lots of level 1 mages to kill them all. It requires a coordinated team, which, let's face it, is a mythical occurence.

A long time ago in a small pay to win server, I was slain by a guy in full god armor while I only had iron stuff to defend myself. They then said:

If you were good at PvP, you could have beaten me.

It's true. If I was a PvP god, I could have done it. But I'm not. Who is? You need to be a TD lord to beat obsidian players, and even if it's doable it's not a reason to let it slide. Think about the beginners full of expectations annihilated by silverfish. They don't even know what hit them. At least in PvP you know why you've been slain, not here. This must be fixed. They are not learning anything from this. At least you used to learn the gamemode everytime you lost as a beginner. Now you just get obliterated for an obscure voting option.

Last edited:

udontknow

Aug 27, 2016

Dude, that is exactly what happens. Both of those thing. Before the update, I mostly played TD with a full team, as in OUR team. We pretty much only played with each other. And we would usually be in a voice chat together. Coordinated and deadly, with a downpat strategy. And I know for a fact, that ours was not the only team. There are other teams that play together as well, And one dude in particular that is farming this imbalance, does have a team.
You talk alot on the forums, and half the time you have no clue what your talking about.

Reactions: Sophie
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom