• This poll will close: .

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So recently I have come across this issue while using discord as I frequently ask for help on various things and recently I've been tagged by multiple users at a time who are not staff trying to help me, the issue is often they are either wrong or spamming a chat trying to help people, I know most mean well but it's annoying and not needed. Mainly flooding chats with people tagging them and the inaccuracy often with that, I think this should be prohibited at least on discord, so therefore if you consistently ping people in a chat telling them what to do they could be warned not to, and if they continue, receive a punishment. Staff help is for staff to help players, and normal players don't need to interject, especially when they are disrupting chats in other areas. It's gotten to the point where when I told someone, Hey, thanks but I would rather get help from staff. He preceded to go into an argument with me and threatened to punish me, I feel this just breeds wannabes and people who want power which isn't necessarily a good thing.

To recap, I would like players who consistently try to help players in #staff-help like mass tagging multiple users and telling them what to do to not be aloud and be considered mini-modding.

(I wish I had screenshots of some of the ridiculous cases involving this to prove my point, but sadly I never got them ): )

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I do feel like this could be good, but also later (from 9-12pm my time) there is almost no staff online and these "mini-mods" are the only way that these people can get help, so I feel like maybe people should help in dms, this way chats arent flooded, people still get help, and by doing it in dms people arent helping to try to raise their "stock" but instead just to help out the community. But i personally find opinions form others almost as important as opinions from staff (on most topics, not all). So that is why i voted Maybe

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I do feel like this could be good, but also later (from 9-12pm my time) there is almost no staff online and these "mini-mods" are the only way that these people can get help, so I feel like maybe people should help in dms, this way chats arent flooded, people still get help, and by doing it in dms people arent helping to try to raise their "stock" but instead just to help out the community. But i personally find opinions form others almost as important as opinions from staff (on most topics, not all). So that is why i voted Maybe

It's fine if it's DM'ing but I am not really ok with it in terms of in chats and whatnot. The other issue as mentioned is often the user is wrong about what info they are giving.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It's a blurry line if you think of what is justified and what isn't, one could say helping late at night is justified since there are no staff available. But I actually don't think so.

I know that this mini-modding behaviour has been deffended by people under the argument that helping people is okay as long as the information provided is correct. But how correct is it to carry out staff responsibilities as a member? I don't like how people tag users that ask stuff on staff help seconds after they ask something, without even giving a staff member the chance to respond. It's not okay because they're interrupting the Staff's service in a way.

Problem is, mini-modding would need to be disallowed 100% or not, you can't say "oh you're allowed to minimod at 8pm" or "if a staff member doesn't reply in 7 minutes and 37 seconds you can minimod" because that just doesn't solve anything. Confusing rules that are overly specific just end up not being enforced, changes like these need to be clear for everyone to be able to follow. It's really not that bad if the few questions that stack up overnight (which aren't many) get answered some time later when a staff member comes online.

I agree with prohibiting this completely, almost no question on staff-help requires absolute immediate attention, and it can wait some minutes or an hour if it's necessary to then have it properly answered by a staff member. There is no reason for members to be going around taking over duties that don't correspond to them. Another thing that could be done to solve this matter is a greater commitment from the staff team, to ensure that staff-help isn't left unattended that frequently.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Staff help is for staff to help players, and normal players don't need to interject, especially when they are disrupting chats in other areas.

I thought it was already against the rules. Unless we're talking about different chat's here...
1591932564491.png

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought it was already against the rules. Unless we're talking about different chat's here...View attachment 167471

These are users who tag you in other chats and tell you what to do or dm you telling you what to do. My point is they shouldn't be trying to help you to begin with, especially not in public chats, where it is messy, dm's is one thing, spam is another. Hope you understand. :P

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I personally think this will be a very controversial post because there is no right answer, its purely based on opinion. The only thing i think could justify a decision is if there are a bunch of people giving false info (if its only 1 or 2 a day then staff could just tell them not to help), other then that I feel like this should be implemented but maybe once the staff team grows more and covers all time zones because rn a decent amount of my messages are missed (not sure if its the same for everyone else) and it is kinda helpful if a knowledgable member gives advice even if they are not staff.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It's a blurry line if you think of what is justified and what isn't, one could say helping late at night is justified since there are no staff available. But I actually don't think so.

I know that this mini-modding behaviour has been deffended by people under the argument that helping people is okay as long as the information provided is correct. But how correct is it to carry out staff responsibilities as a member? I don't like how people tag users that ask stuff on staff help seconds after they ask something, without even giving a staff member the chance to respond. It's not okay because they're interrupting the Staff's service in a way.

Problem is, mini-modding would need to be disallowed 100% or not, you can't say "oh you're allowed to minimod at 8pm" or "if a staff member doesn't reply in 7 minutes and 37 seconds you can minimod" because that just doesn't solve anything. Confusing rules that are overly specific just end up not being enforced, changes like these need to be clear for everyone to be able to follow. It's really not that bad if the few questions that stack up overnight (which aren't many) get answered some time later when a staff member comes online.

I agree with prohibiting this completely, almost no question on staff-help requires absolute immediate attention, and it can wait some minutes or an hour if it's necessary to then have it properly answered by a staff member. There is no reason for members to be going around taking over duties that don't correspond to them. Another thing that could be done to solve this matter is a greater commitment from the staff team, to ensure that staff-help isn't left unattended that frequently.

I personally think this will be a very controversial post because there is no right answer, its purely based on opinion. The only thing i think could justify a decision is if there are a bunch of people giving false info (if its only 1 or 2 a day then staff could just tell them not to help), other then that I feel like this should be implemented but maybe once the staff team grows more and covers all time zones because rn a decent amount of my messages are missed (not sure if its the same for everyone else) and it is kinda helpful if a knowledgable member gives advice even if they are not staff.

Basically everything that Eli said is spot on and would be my arguments to your opposition.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
“Poll will close on Nov 12 2050”

lmao

i agree with this totally, I really had to fight the urge to say something mean to those wannabes last time. Rn discord is even worse than the forums. You try to talk about something when you’re bored: you get no responses. But the moment you post on staff help there’s a flood of messages. I dislike helper-simps so much.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
“Poll will close on Nov 12 2050”

lmao

i agree with this totally, I really had to fight the urge to say something mean to those wannabes last time. Rn discord is even worse than the forums. You try to talk about something when you’re bored: you get no responses. But the moment you post on staff help there’s a flood of messages. I dislike helper-simps so much.
i agree, i understand that people are trying to “raise their stock”. Im not sure if doing this stuff will help people get accepted (if it does then we cant really do anything about it. but if recruiters say that it wont help then that might be enough to stop people. for now they will just be annoying.
(btw this would be a great time for the agree reaction lol)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Sorry, this is unrelated, but what if they made a mini-mod miniature? For vanity? It would go around displaying text above it’s head like:

“Report here”
“Staff lock?”
“+1”

Very very unrelated, go ahead and suggest it though, if you could edit your response and add what you think about this current topic that would be awesome.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
So, yeah, what I do what more people do, helping when people have problems to report players. That's the only thing. On the Forums btw.

I fully agree with this. I was talking with someone in English and someone with a crazy list of answers in English. Not really needed indeed, I only would do it if someone had to report a player but not with the other stuff. I don't know everything what's happening.

Back, I think it's also not needed to help for reports, for staff it's easy to link the website on staff-help and also on the forums. I agree with this.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
So, yeah, what I do what more people do, helping when people have problems to report players. That's the only thing. On the Forums btw.

I fully agree with this. I was talking with someone in English and someone with a crazy list of answers in English. Not really needed indeed, I only would do it if someone had to report a player but not with the other stuff. I don't know everything what's happening.

Back, I think it's also not needed to help for reports, for staff it's easy to link the website on staff-help and also on the forums. I agree with this.
I didnt understand a word

Reactions: Shallidor

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I didnt understand a word
Why are you even reacting on this than? Just read it multiple times if you don't understand.

In short: I agreed with this thread/suggestion because it's annoying to see indeed (Read above). It's not the work of the members but of the staff.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I made a thread about this the other day, explaining more about it. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/discord-•-about-staff-help-helping-others.242954/ This thread explains why it should be allowed to continue. While I understand that there might be an issue about spam and mass-tagging, at the end of the day people are just trying to be helpful, and nobody should be able to stop anyone from being so.

The recruitment team also look out for those who are trying to help others, not just in the forums, but over the entire network, including Discord. If it was to become a rule where you cannot answer questions in other channels, it would show that players have less of a chance to shine, and show how helpful they can be, and how much they know about the rules.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
So recently I have come across this issue while using discord as I frequently ask for help on various things and recently I've been tagged by multiple users at a time who are not staff trying to help me, the issue is often they are either wrong or spamming a chat trying to help people, I know most mean well but it's annoying and not needed. Mainly flooding chats with people tagging them and the inaccuracy often with that, I think this should be prohibited at least on discord, so therefore if you consistently ping people in a chat telling them what to do they could be warned not to, and if they continue, receive a punishment. Staff help is for staff to help players, and normal players don't need to interject, especially when they are disrupting chats in other areas. It's gotten to the point where when I told someone, Hey, thanks but I would rather get help from staff. He preceded to go into an argument with me and threatened to punish me, I feel this just breeds wannabes and people who want power which isn't necessarily a good thing.

To recap, I would like players who consistently try to help players in #staff-help like mass tagging multiple users and telling them what to do to not be aloud and be considered mini-modding.

(I wish I had screenshots of some of the ridiculous cases involving this to prove my point, but sadly I never got them ): )
i know what you mean, i do have a screenshot, but maybe it a good thing that if you can help, and a staff member hasn't reacted in staff help in 10 minutes that you can help. because sometimes it can be useful.
Knipsel.PNG
Knipsel2.PNG
Knipsel3.PNG
Knipsel4.PNG

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I made a thread about this the other day, explaining more about it. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/discord-•-about-staff-help-helping-others.242954/ This thread explains why it should be allowed to continue. While I understand that there might be an issue about spam and mass-tagging, at the end of the day people are just trying to be helpful, and nobody should be able to stop anyone from being so. The recruitment team also look out for those who are trying to help others, not just in the forums, but over the entire network, including Discord. If it was to become a rule where you cannot answer questions in other channels, it would show that players have less of a chance to shine, and show how helpful they can be, and how much they know about the rules.
Sorry, this is unrelated, but what if they made a mini-mod miniature? For vanity? It would go around displaying text above it’s head like:

“Report here”
“Staff lock?”
“+1”

Edit: what can i really say? Mini mods are always annoying. Would love to see them go
I made a thread about this the other day, explaining more about it. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/discord-•-about-staff-help-helping-others.242954/ This thread explains why it should be allowed to continue. While I understand that there might be an issue about spam and mass-tagging, at the end of the day people are just trying to be helpful, and nobody should be able to stop anyone from being so.

The recruitment team also look out for those who are trying to help others, not just in the forums, but over the entire network, including Discord. If it was to become a rule where you cannot answer questions in other channels, it would show that players have less of a chance to shine, and show how helpful they can be, and how much they know about the rules.
Yes that thread. It was lengthy and you kept beating around the bush.

Moderation is not about “knowing and enforcing the rules” - that’s something you learn as a helper. Cubecraft’s discord is supposed to be a place where we exchange ideas and experiences. Rather, thanks to certain kinds of people, it’s become shallow and bland.

To be a good staff member you have to first of all be a decent human being, not someone that goes around quoting rules like a drone.

You seem to think that doing this is giving players a chance to shine. It’s actually rather annoying.

To be a staff member maybe the wannabes should first show their own personalities and share ideas and contribute to suggestions.

Helper wannabes are like those anti vaccine people that go around spreading rumors to others, when what people really need is a doctor’s opinion. Helper wannabes are, essentially, toxic in a way such that they ruin the whole experience for everyone.

Unless you are asked, please don’t answer players’ questions meant for staff. Thanks.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
Top Bottom