• This poll will close: .

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I made a thread about this the other day, explaining more about it. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/discord-•-about-staff-help-helping-others.242954/ This thread explains why it should be allowed to continue. While I understand that there might be an issue about spam and mass-tagging, at the end of the day people are just trying to be helpful, and nobody should be able to stop anyone from being so.

The recruitment team also look out for those who are trying to help others, not just in the forums, but over the entire network, including Discord. If it was to become a rule where you cannot answer questions in other channels, it would show that players have less of a chance to shine, and show how helpful they can be, and how much they know about the rules.

No, it's not helpful and it's annoying, mini-modding or acting like a wannabe has no place in the community, staff-help is for staff to help you, not someone who want's to be staff, it's so easy to tell them the wrong thing or mess with them. #english is for chatting, now spammy blocks of tagging and helping people. Not only is this frowned upon by many, but it also makes the person doing it look like a wannabe and that can affect many things.

Also the recruitment team, I don't think they want to hire someone who constantly spams the #english with tags doing staffs jobs for them, that's exactly what mini-modding is, it's not appreciated, especially when the help is wrong, you can help in many other ways, I feel like this is an overreaction, you help people in-game or even on forums, depending, but discord is where I am drawing the line as it's gotten a little silly. I'd also like to point out multiple staff members have also supported this because it's equally annoying to them.

i know what you mean, i do have a screenshot, but maybe it a good thing that if you can help, and a staff member hasn't reacted in staff help in 10 minutes that you can help. because sometimes it can be useful.

People can wait 10 minutes. As stated by Eli, I will quote his post, but it's confusing, staff are meant to help you in channels, not some random person.

i think this is a great thing.
i want to be a helper so maybe i wil be a mini-mod
Please do not. Mini-modding is not allowed on most areas besides discord (depending) not only could you get in trouble depending on what you do it makes you look bad if you are applying or "wanting" helper I do not recommend it.

I quoted Eli's post for all three of you to see.

It's a blurry line if you think of what is justified and what isn't, one could say helping late at night is justified since there are no staff available. But I actually don't think so.

I know that this mini-modding behaviour has been deffended by people under the argument that helping people is okay as long as the information provided is correct. But how correct is it to carry out staff responsibilities as a member? I don't like how people tag users that ask stuff on staff help seconds after they ask something, without even giving a staff member the chance to respond. It's not okay because they're interrupting the Staff's service in a way.

Problem is, mini-modding would need to be disallowed 100% or not, you can't say "oh you're allowed to minimod at 8pm" or "if a staff member doesn't reply in 7 minutes and 37 seconds you can minimod" because that just doesn't solve anything. Confusing rules that are overly specific just end up not being enforced, changes like these need to be clear for everyone to be able to follow. It's really not that bad if the few questions that stack up overnight (which aren't many) get answered some time later when a staff member comes online.

I agree with prohibiting this completely, almost no question on staff-help requires absolute immediate attention, and it can wait some minutes or an hour if it's necessary to then have it properly answered by a staff member. There is no reason for members to be going around taking over duties that don't correspond to them. Another thing that could be done to solve this matter is a greater commitment from the staff team, to ensure that staff-help isn't left unattended that frequently.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
No, it's not helpful and it's annoying, mini-modding or acting like a wannabe has no place in the community, staff-help is for staff to help you, not someone who want's to be staff, it's so easy to tell them the wrong thing or mess with them. #english is for chatting, now spammy blocks of tagging and helping people. Not only is this frowned upon by many, but it also makes the person doing it look like a wannabe and that can affect many things.
Hmm, seems like I might have to make a suggestion for a new channel in the Discord called #community-help :>
KmtbwfodAp.png

Reactions: Entrustious6679

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmm, seems like I might have to make a suggestion for a new channel in the Discord called #community-help :>
View attachment 167980

Oh god, please no. That channel would be filled with multiple people overlapping each other with help, would require more staff monitoring, and ultimately contribute to useless and annoying tagging, that has been suggested before and it was strongly opposed.

Also, I notice you do the tagging in English so now I understand why you are defending it.

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
View attachment 167980
This would be a fun thing to see.

I think the whole discord needs a cleanup.
I suggested something with per channel rules, since it's very unclear what's allowed and what not and I could definitely see this suggestion being implemented as well. I hope management will so something with it.

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Also the recruitment team, I don't think they want to hire someone who constantly spams the #english with tags doing staffs jobs for them
ok so icescreams left so im not sure if there is a recruiting manager but from what i know @Cynamooo does a lot of recruiting based stuff, could you tell us if doing this (mini-modding) will help/hurt/not affect your helper application?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
ok so icescreams left so im not sure if there is a recruiting manager but from what i know @Cynamooo does a lot of recruiting based stuff, could you tell us if doing this (mini-modding) will help/hurt/not affect your helper application?

I mean mini-modding, for the most part, is already not allowed, the suggestion, of course, is adding to it, so I definitely don't see it helping whatsoever, however, if this is added, it would certainly not improve it. I would also assume it would hurt your application if you have been warned multiple times for it.

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
If I was recruiting I would certainly stay clear of such people. Hope ccg does the same.

Do you really trust fake people irl? No right so ig the same thing applies.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
what im looking for is for a major member of recruitment to say (hopefully) that doing this hurts your chances of getting helper and that should be enough to make most people stop and then #english can go back to being dead. all we need is someone who handles application saying that minimodding hurts applicants and then it will stop

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

?

what im looking for is for a major member of recruitment to say (hopefully) that doing this hurts your chances of getting helper and that should be enough to make most people stop and then #english can go back to being dead :p

That helps nothing though, it would be much better if this were just implemented, staff saying don't do it as opposed to a rule clearly does nothing to stop some of these people. Also English is never dead lel.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
Also English is never dead lel.
well, english goes hours without a message, but I do agree that ut should become a rule, but if they are not going to make it one i feel like this would help discourage people who genuinely do it to try and help out, and could really clean up the chat (not even a rule will stop the most dedicated people from minimodding)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
well, english goes hours without a message, but I do agree that ut should become a rule, but if they are not going to make it one i feel like this would help discourage people who genuinely do it to try and help out, and could really clean up the chat (not even a rule will stop the most dedicated people from minimodding)

Once again this only applies to discord where it is bad, you shouldn't be doing staff job. Period. Especially when it gets clusters and break more things. Also, those who refuse to stop will get warned and or punished, that's there own issue and will also lower their chances, rightfully so since they shouldn't be doing it. Sounds harsh but it's better than what's going on now.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree, back in the end of 2019 i was doing "mini-modding" myself. If there was a unanswered question, i would ping the user myself and give the correct answer.

Now i stopped mini modding for the most part, sometimes when people have question in other channels such as english or bedrock i direct them to staff-help.

And that is a bit what worries me. What this rule gets implemented and if someone post a question in a channel other than staff-help, are we normal members allowed to help them there? Or only questions that are in posted in staff-help? If this isn't clarified clearly in the rules it could get unclear and confusing for members.

I also agree that mini-modding is very annoying for people that are just chatting in there, it is also not needed since that a staff member usually replies to the questions within 30 minutes (during the day in Europe). It will also stop users from giving wrong information.

"And what about a help channel for normal members?" This would be very messy and confusing to have 2 help channels, so that is a big no from me.

My conclusion, yes add it, but only if it tought out well and made clear that it isn't allowed anymore and what.

• Love
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Sponta

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Spontania
Pronouns
He/Him
I hate it when people call it mini-modding. It is selfish; people try to help you fix the problem, and help you not doing something you'll regret later.
If you don't like people pinging you, I suggest you tell them nicely, and not make a thread regarding the fact that you're being annoyed by people trying to assist you.
There are no many staff online, and sometimes, they would not be able to acknowledge your issue. Just keep in mind, people are trying to help, not to irritate you eternally.
  • If this rule gets accepted somehow, you'll probably tell them not to mini-mod, which is mini-modding, right?
  • Yes, it is.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I hate it when people call it mini-modding. It is selfish; people try to help you fix the problem, and help you not doing something you'll regret later.
It might not seem annoying to you, but if you are a frequent chatter in the discord server, it is annoying when you are having conversations with (multiple) people. and then a "wannabe/mini-mod" comes in between pings the 4 users that just asked for helpin #staff-help and they tell them how to resolve their issue.
Besides that it is also bad if the "mini-mod" gives incorrect, outdated or false info.

If you don't like people pinging you, I suggest you tell them nicely, and not make a thread regarding the fact that you're being annoyed by people trying to assist you.
It is not solely about getting pinged, not at all actually. It is about people who answer questions from staff help, and that should be disallowed. And that is what bothers Trilla_Sudari (and many others) and that is why they made this thread.

There are no many staff online, and sometimes, they would not be able to acknowledge your issue.
From time to time there are less staff online, or they are online but don't have the time to help because they also have normal lives, they are not some robot. And what do you mean with: "and sometimes, they would not be able to acknowledge your issue."? do you mean that staff might not know the answer? That might be tru, but if a staff member does not know the answer, they ask other staff members if they know it or how they think about it.

Just keep in mind, people are trying to help, not to irritate you eternally.
For the user they are helping it might be nice, but not for normal mebers who are just having fun in a general chat. Keep in mind Trilla_Suduri is talking about "mini-mods/wannabes" who answer questions from #staff-help. If Someone has a question in general channels then you can help them (this is my opinion), but most ideal would be to say something in the lines of: If you need help, go to #staff-help.

If this rule gets accepted somehow, you'll probably tell them not to mini-mod, which is mini-modding, right?
Yes, it is.
Who said that Trilla_Suduri is going to warn them? They just suggested it to make it a official rule, hence staff will enforce it, not normal members.

The recruitment team also look out for those who are trying to help others, not just in the forums, but over the entire network, including Discord. If it was to become a rule where you cannot answer questions in other channels, it would show that players have less of a chance to shine, and show how helpful they can be, and how much they know about the rules.
Who says staff is looking that answer questions in #staff-help? If you look at staff members such as Eli, Hoshi, Dudu and Ducky. They become staff but they never were a "wannabe". Yes ofcourse staff is about helping people, bot not only that, it is a small part of thier duties. It is much more about getting involved with the community, having fun, suggesting things, replying to suggestions and other creations, playing minecraft, doing reports, etc.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Lol what

Telling people not to break rules isnt mini modding. Its not hard to understand the concept.

It might not seem annoying to you, but if you are a frequent chatter in the discord server, it is annoying when you are having conversations with (multiple) people. and then a "wannabe/mini-mod" comes in between pings the 4 users that just asked for helpin #staff-help and they tell them how to resolve their issue.
Besides that it is also bad if the "mini-mod" gives incorrect, outdated or false info.

It is not solely about getting pinged, not at all actually. It is about people who answer questions from staff help, and that should be disallowed. And that is what bothers Trilla_Sudari (and many others) and that is why they made this thread.

From time to time there are less staff online, or they are online but don't have the time to help because they also have normal lives, they are not some robot. And what do you mean with: "and sometimes, they would not be able to acknowledge your issue."? do you mean that staff might not know the answer? That might be tru, but if a staff member does not know the answer, they ask other staff members if they know it or how they think about it.

For the user they are helping it might be nice, but not for normal mebers who are just having fun in a general chat. Keep in mind Trilla_Suduri is talking about "mini-mods/wannabes" who answer questions from #staff-help. If Someone has a question in general channels then you can help them (this is my opinion), but most ideal would be to say something in the lines of: If you need help, go to #staff-help.

Who said that Trilla_Suduri is going to warn them? They just suggested it to make it a official rule, hence staff will enforce it, not normal members.

Who says staff is looking that answer questions in #staff-help? If you look at staff members such as Eli, Hoshi, Dudu and Ducky. They become staff but they never were a "wannabe". Yes ofcourse staff is about helping people, bot not only that, it is a small part of thier duties. It is much more about getting involved with the community, having fun, suggesting things, replying to suggestions and other creations, playing minecraft, doing reports, etc.

Basically summing up everything I would say! Thanks, guys! c:

I hope this can get implemented soon as the issue is getting worse as it's getting more common in staff help. ;C

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom