Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I had already voted maybe but I’d like to say my opinion one more time.
1. shouldn’t be called mini modding because no official rule should be named after a slang word (which is insulting community members)
2. I get people get frustrated by the wannabes and I’ll admit I was in this phase for some time and now I see it’s annoying. This might not be the way to do it in my opinion. I think just making sure the rule of not helping people in staff help should be more “enforced” UNLESS the situation is right. If staff is offline and someone has been waiting for a long time for a simple answer that could easily be found, then a community member shouldn’t be banned from discord for actually helping someone.
3. As much as it might annoy you, the moderation team aren’t gods and can’t be everywhere at all times. If someone is asking where to report someone if they have video proof, then why shouldn’t someone try to help them. I agree that in some instances the community member can be wrong. This is why it annoys me because people can be wrong, and while staff has a higher chance to be correct, this doesn’t mean you should only listen to them.
5. Community members ASSIST the moderation team, but at the end of the day, the staff have the final say on this because they are the ones that make the rules. I like to think that I’ve helped a few people who needed it and if you think that’s wrong then I’d be happy to talk about it more in a private conversation.
6. So all in all, I agree that this is a problem that needs to be enforced more, but I don’t think this exactly the way to do it. (Sorry I don’t know why I numbered things and I’m on mobile so this is probably badly formatted too.)

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I had already voted maybe but I’d like to say my opinion one more time.
1. shouldn’t be called mini modding because no official rule should be named after a slang word (which is insulting community members)
2. I get people get frustrated by the wannabes and I’ll admit I was in this phase for some time and now I see it’s annoying. This might not be the way to do it in my opinion. I think just making sure the rule of not helping people in staff help should be more “enforced” UNLESS the situation is right. If staff is offline and someone has been waiting for a long time for a simple answer that could easily be found, then a community member shouldn’t be banned from discord for actually helping someone.
3. As much as it might annoy you, the moderation team aren’t gods and can’t be everywhere at all times. If someone is asking where to report someone if they have video proof, then why shouldn’t someone try to help them. I agree that in some instances the community member can be wrong. This is why it annoys me because people can be wrong, and while staff has a higher chance to be correct, this doesn’t mean you should only listen to them.
5. Community members ASSIST the moderation team, but at the end of the day, the staff have the final say on this because they are the ones that make the rules. I like to think that I’ve helped a few people who needed it and if you think that’s wrong then I’d be happy to talk about it more in a private conversation.
6. So all in all, I agree that this is a problem that needs to be enforced more, but I don’t think this exactly the way to do it. (Sorry I don’t know why I numbered things and I’m on mobile so this is probably badly formatted too.)

1) Mini-modding is already a thing, this is an expansion on it for discord, also it's not a slang word, only if you consider it slang, also it's only an insult if you get offended by it, in that case, you'd need to rub it off.

2) The rules are very clear, the issue is people can give wrong info and confuse others, especially since some members would even try impersonating. Plain and simple it's an issue that needs to be resolved quickly.

3) Ok, I know that, but again false info, blah blah, I have repeated myself many many times on why this is a horrible idea, only staff should be helping, now that we have tons of staff on at all times I think it's even more reason to enforce this.

Where did 4 go? 😢

5) Community members are community members not assistance to the moderator team.

6) Well, then what do you suggest?

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I totally agree with the Staff's, I don't agree because they are part of the staff, I agree because they are right about what they said.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
some members would even try impersonating.
Already not allowed
Mini-modding is already a thing, this is an expansion on it for discord, also it's not a slang word, only if you consider it slang, also it's only an insult if you get offended by it, in that case, you'd need to rub it off.
Your use of wannabe is slang and even though I am not offended someone might be
Where did 4 go?
😢
Whoops, I guess that’s what happens when you don’t proofread xD
Community members are community members not assistance to the moderator team.
This I could have worded better I agree, I meant that the staff doesn’t have time for every little problem, so the knowledgeable community members are nice and help them.
6) Well, then what do you suggest?
I’ve thought about it and I mostly agree with you, I guess I didn’t like how you seemed to criminalize helpful people. On staff help, only staff should be helping and the staff need to enforce this more as it isn’t just annoying, but can spread false information. I hope you realize that I mostly agree with you, and that Cubecraft needs to crackdown on these rule breakers. Hope you understand, and I guess in a way you convinced me more! #Rip4

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Already not allowed

Your use of wannabe is slang and even though I am not offended someone might be

Whoops, I guess that’s what happens when you don’t proofread xD

This I could have worded better I agree, I meant that the staff doesn’t have time for every little problem, so the knowledgeable community members are nice and help them.

I’ve thought about it and I mostly agree with you, I guess I didn’t like how you seemed to criminalize helpful people. On staff help, only staff should be helping and the staff need to enforce this more as it isn’t just annoying, but can spread false information. I hope you realize that I mostly agree with you, and that Cubecraft needs to crackdown on these rule breakers. Hope you understand, and I guess in a way you convinced me more! #Rip4
I don't think that the word wannabe/mini-mod is a bad word in general, only when you start calling people a wannabe it could be bad.
And i don't think that wannabe's are bad, just people calll other people wannabe's when they asnwer only one question. That is giving the word wannabe a negative feeling.
And i also think that people that always instantly asnwer questions from staff-help give a bad feeling.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I don't think that the word wannabe/mini-mod is a bad word in general, only when you start calling people a wannabe it could be bad.
And i don't think that wannabe's are bad, just people calll other people wannabe's when they asnwer only one question. That is giving the word wannabe a negative feeling.
And i also think that people that always instantly asnwer questions from staff-help give a bad feeling.
I completely agree with that, and after all I think I’ve changed my mind on this.

• Love
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
1st of all, the poll makes no sense. is this asking "is there mini modding?" or "should there be mini modding?" etc.

I disagree with not letting players help other players. If you want help from a staff, ask in staff help. If no staff answers in like 10 minutes, telling them what to do should be fine in a different channel. Simple questions such as "how to report players" should be fine to be answered, too.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
1st of all, the poll makes no sense. is this asking "is there mini modding?" or "should there be mini modding?" etc.

I disagree with not letting players help other players. If you want help from a staff, ask in staff help. If no staff answers in like 10 minutes, telling them what to do should be fine in a different channel. Simple questions such as "how to report players" should be fine to be answered, too.

Wdym? The poll says:
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Also, as said before, flooding English chat is completely unnecessary and annoying, not to mention due to false info being given and overall bad vibes it portrays it is not needed. Plus with the recent massive influx of helpers and increase in moderation its less common for staff to not get to a player needing assistance in a timely fashion.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I definitely agree, I think 'mini-modding' shouldn't be allowed, especially in #staff-help. The staff team is there for a reason, it's not called 'staff-help' for nothing. All of the staff members who answer questions in that channel have worked hard to get to where they are, being able to answer a question someone may have and really just being more involved in the community, that's always something they've wanted to do and should be able to do.

Like Eli said previously, if staff aren't able to respond for a period of time, it shouldn't really be an issue - if anything, in comparison to other services, the CubeCraft staff team doesn't even take that long to reply. They're all humans, just like us and deserve to be respected. I think interrupting staff like this is also just disrespectful in a way since it's their job and no one should be interfering. Sure, if you see someone that has a question but asks it in the wrong channel, directing them to the right channel shouldn't be an issue, if you genuinely want to help people, help them by doing anything other than answering questions in #staff-help, because those questions are meant for staff to answer.

Most staff members are doing this voluntarily after all, and to me that's pretty impressive considering how quickly they respond.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom