Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Hello cubecrafters!

Im a minerware player and I enjoy it a lot. There's only one thing I've noticed.

Do you know the microgame that you need to sprint as "usain bolt", sorry I don't know the name anymore. Anyways, there is a "cheat" you can use there namely, that all you have to do is jump and then you've already completed the microgame. I see a lot of people doing this and i find this very unfair, because there are also people who don't know this cheat.

Would be very appriciated if this "cheat" can be taken out.

I'm curious to know what you think of this!

Reactions: Josher

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
First of all, jumping isn't the only way to 'cheat'. You just have to nod your head repeatedly and it'd work. Second, it would take a lot of time to even take out the cheat - if it even is possible to. When jumping or moving your head, your character is registered as moving. That's how the game works. Not sure if something like that can be 'fixed'. Between you and me, I'm a MinerWare player as well, and I usually use this 'cheat', which I see as a simple trick. There are lots of tricks in MinerWare. Not only for this microgame. New players will eventually learn about it and it can be used by everyone, so there's no reason to call it unfair. Pretty sure most of these are just things in Minecraft's system, which then can't be taken out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
First of all, jumping isn't the only way to 'cheat'. You just have to nod your head repeatedly and it'd work. Second, it would take a lot of time to even take out the cheat - if it even is possible to. When jumping or moving your head, your character is registered as moving. That's how the game works. Not sure if something like that can be 'fixed'. Between you and me, I'm a MinerWare player as well, and I usually use this 'cheat', which I see as a simple trick. There are lots of tricks in MinerWare. Not only for this microgame. New players will eventually learn about it and it can be used by everyone, so there's no reason to call it unfair. Pretty sure most of these are just things in Minecraft's system, which then can't be taken out. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe everything can be fixxed.

You said that everyone will eventually know that "cheat", eventually yes, but then we're talking about a few years I think. That's why I find it unfair.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I believe everything can be fixxed.
Not everything can be fixed. Ask one of the developers about this, and I'm 99% sure they'll say it isn't possible to fix, or that it was meant to be.
You said that everyone will eventually know that "cheat", eventually yes, but then we're talking about a few years I think. That's why I find it unfair.
'A few years'. Now you're just exaggerating. They just have to see it happen a couple times and will try it themselves. It's how I learnt this trick, and practically every other MinerWare trick I know. Don't find something everybody can use/do unfair. It's how the game is. It's about the simple tips and tricks, which you eventually get to know about. What are you going to suggest next? Removing the feature that when you hold both mouse buttons in the 'Colour Floor' boss game, it goes quicker? It's simply a part of Minecraft. Deal with it.

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Ok, yes, maybe you're true and is this suggestion not good. I'm trying to help this server and to make the server better, including this suggestion. If you don't agree with me, say it instead of making such a weird remark and trying to make fun of me.

Have a nice day.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Ok, yes, maybe you're true and is this suggestion not good. I'm trying to help this server and to make the server better, including this suggestion. If you don't agree with me, say it instead of making such a weird remark and trying to make fun of me.

Have a nice day.
Not sure why you think she made fun of you while she only provided her message with good arguments. Don't take discussions to a personal level, that will help you have good conversations about the problem instead of being offended after the slightest arguments against your suggestion.

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
Not sure why you think she made fun of you while she only provided her message with good arguments. Don't take discussions to a personal level, that will help you have good conversations about the problem instead of being offended after the slightest arguments against your suggestion.
Never mind....

People feel things differently than other people. Yes, she's giving very good arguments, but she's also offending me. People can feel and perceive things differently than you think.

Reactions: Threefomos

summurai

Novice Member
Jun 7, 2017
België
Not everything can be fixed. Ask one of the developers about this, and I'm 99% sure they'll say it isn't possible to fix, or that it was meant to be.

'A few years'. Now you're just exaggerating. They just have to see it happen a couple times and will try it themselves. It's how I learnt this trick, and practically every other MinerWare trick I know. Don't find something everybody can use/do unfair. It's how the game is. It's about the simple tips and tricks, which you eventually get to know about. What are you going to suggest next? Removing the feature that when you hold both mouse buttons in the 'Colour Floor' boss game, it goes quicker? It's simply a part of Minecraft. Deal with it.
You use your arguments well, but I think it should be said in a more appropriate way.

It is a community, you can only discuss in an appropriate way in my opinion.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I’m fairly certain this can be fixed. Even in just vanilla Minecraft, there are ways to read a player’s velocity in any given direction along with the direction they are looking. With plugins and all their things, I’m sure they can make it so you have to have a non-zero side to side velocity in order to win or other fixes.

Is really that important to fix though?I don’t play minerware much, but I think the text is along the lines of “don’t stop moving”. As long as you are moving in some way, whether that be running, jumping, or spinning, that should count based on the wording.
I could be wrong on that wording though.

Update:
I was wrong on the wording. It was more “Keep running fast”. So what I said about moving doesn’t count. I still am not sure how important it is. If cube was working on trying to make every single game fully polished, I would say fix it. But since it is one microgame, I don’t think it is really worth the effort while they have other updates going on.

You use your arguments well, but I think it should be said in a more appropriate way.

It is a community, you can only discuss in an appropriate way in my opinion.
I don’t think they were being inappropriate at all. They were a bit harsh and it could have gone without those words as it didn’t add much other than being abrasive, but there was nothing inherently inappropriate about what they said.

D

Deleted member 373055

There are a lot of tricks/cheats in all of those minigames. Like in parkour, in the easiest parkour, you can just jump to it from the ground and eat some cake. In Optifine, you can change your trees to 'smart', so that you can look better through the leaves than it would be while having your trees on 'fancy' or 'fast' in Hedge Maze. In the final boss game, the Elytra one, you can try to become a sinusoid, which causes you to slow down. That way, you can more easily go through the hoops.
Sinusoids3.gif

This is a sinusoid. That way, you can slow down with your elytra easily. Using this strategy horizantically works even better.

I believe the solution of your problem cannot be found in developing. There are other developing problems like the standard bugs, but cheating on that minigames is not a bug. It is the way Minecraft works, whenever you sent packages, Minecraft detects it as moving. You can use the cinematic camera or zoom-in option (in optifine) as well.

You can find the solution in a Minerware guide. Take this one for example: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/minerware-guide-info-02-02-2018.203916/

I have more than 300 wins in Minerware, so I am almost at the leaderbord. Whenever I am, I feel righteous to make a guide as well. I think you will find all your solutions there, and until then here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/minerware-guide-info-02-02-2018.203916/

Reactions: Axyy and Hoshi

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Removing the feature that when you hold both mouse buttons in the 'Colour Floor' boss game, it goes quicker? It's simply a part of Minecraft. Deal with it.
Wait is that possible? Omy I didn't know this haha!

Hello cubecrafters!

Im a minerware player and I enjoy it a lot. There's only one thing I've noticed.

Do you know the microgame that you need to sprint as "usain bolt", sorry I don't know the name anymore. Anyways, there is a "cheat" you can use there namely, that all you have to do is jump and then you've already completed the microgame. I see a lot of people doing this and i find this very unfair, because there are also people who don't know this cheat.

Would be very appriciated if this "cheat" can be taken out.

I'm curious to know what you think of this!
At the moment Minerware is full of bugs and I don't think the bugs are getting fixed anytime soon, because most bugs are already there
since day 1 and nothing has happened. Not trying to be negative but yeah.

D

Deleted member 373055

Did not know that as well, we just made our own mini guide of this thread :P

Reactions: Hoshi

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
If you don't agree with me, say it instead of making such a weird remark and trying to make fun of me.
I don't agree with you, no. I said that and gave reasons for it. If I just would've said 'I don't agree. -1', I bet you would ask why. Also, I'm not trying to make fun of you. I'm only trying to support my opinion with what I said, so there is absolutely no need to take it personal. I need to be honest, I could've said it in a less harsh way, but same goes for you. I haven't tried to harm anyone here, yet you're here saying I offended you. I'm just stating my honest opinion.
Yes, she's giving very good arguments, but she's also offending me.
Would you care to tell me how in the world I'm offending you?
Yes it can be fixed. Don't talk if you don't know.
Did I say I knew precisely wether or not it could be fixed? No. I just stated that it most likely isn't fixable, or that it was intended to be like this. I don't know, because I'm not a developer, so you might be right. But am I not allowed to say what I think is true? Like stated above in a message that was supposted to be against me, from what I percieve, is said that this is a community which we are allowed to give our opinions in.
At the moment Minerware is full of bugs and I don't think the bugs are getting fixed anytime soon, because most bugs are already there since day 1 and nothing has happened.
You're right. There are lots of bugs in the game, and fixing all of them 1 2 3 won't happen nor is it possible.

Anyway, going off-topic here;
Did not know that as well, we just made our own mini guide of this thread :p
I might sometime make my own version of a guide thread. I'd love to do that and I'm pretty sure it'll help a lot of people learn the basics/some cool tricks to apply in the game. I've been playing for a while now (let's say some years) and I'm currently ranked 28th on the leaderboard. I guess I would have a lot of knowledge about the game, haha. :p

Last edited:

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
The game is called ''keep moving''. Jumping and moving with your head is also moving, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, it's part of the game. It doesn't give you an unfair advantage since everyone can play this microgame this way. It's a ''smart'' tactic and I don't think it should be changed.

Reactions: remio and Hoshi

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
I don't agree with you, no. I said that and gave reasons for it. If I just would've said 'I don't agree. -1', I bet you would ask why. Also, I'm not trying to make fun of you. I'm only trying to support my opinion with what I said, so there is absolutely no need to take it personal. I need to be honest, I could've said it in a less harsh way, but same goes for you. I haven't tried to harm anyone here, yet you're here saying I offended you. I'm just stating my honest opinion.

Would you care to tell me how in the world I'm offending you?

Did I say I knew precisely wether or not it could be fixed? No. I just stated that it most likely isn't fixable, or that it was supposted to be like this. I don't know, because I'm not a developer, so you might be right. But am I not allowed to say what I think is true? Like stated above in a message that was supposted to be against me, from what I percieve, is said that this is a community which we are allowed to give our opinions in.

You're right. There are lots of bugs in the game, and fixing all of them 1 2 3 won't happen nor is it possible.

Anyway, going off-topic here;

I might sometime make my own version of a guide thread. I'd love to do that and I'm pretty sure it'll help a lot of people learn the basics/some cool tricks to apply in the game. I've been playing for a while now (let's say some years) and I'm currently ranked 28th on the leaderboard. I guess I would have a lot of knowledge about the game, haha. :p
-You're like explaning why you don't agree with me, but ok, i believe you.

-"What are you going to suggest next? Removing the feature that when you hold both mouse buttons in the 'Colour Floor' boss game, it goes quicker?"

Stineos

Feb 9, 2020
The game is called ''keep moving''. Jumping and moving with your head is also moving, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, it's part of the game. It doesn't give you an unfair advantage since everyone can play this microgame this way. It's a ''smart'' tactic and I don't think it should be changed.
Yes, but not only jumping in the air, that's not moving in my opinion, but you can find that. :)

D

Deleted member 373055

Yes, but not only jumping in the air, that's not moving in my opinion, but you can find that. :)
Please, the minigame is so easy, even without jumping. I think however that shifting should be allowed, as that is moving as well. I was very angry when I lost that minigame as it was never mentioned that shifting did not count. Shifting is moving as well, so that should be possible I think, and otherwise, it is possible to kill everyone who is jumping too. So what you suggested actually is possible.

Still I do not agree xD. Even when jumping and running, it is easy. It are just those things you need to know, how to do them. Some minigames are easier, some are more difficult, that is the beauty and the horror of Minerware.

Reactions: Hoshi

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Did I say I knew precisely wether or not it could be fixed? No. I just stated that it most likely isn't fixable, or that it was supposted to be like this. I don't know, because I'm not a developer, so you might be right. But am I not allowed to say what I think is true? Like stated above in a message that was supposted to be against me, from what I percieve, is said that this is a community which we are allowed to give our opinions in.
Because whether it's fixable or not isn't an opinion. Don't use it as an argument if you don't know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom