Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
eqlCcBh3fkyoRqH-sz2CQntcJ7RAregSzT_RLoN7j90L_i7J-b3TWrQ7vaLz8fFOGJdEjEclKZM0InjlnrKNhf8B4pmeZurr2JNLeOT32sfpo9tH01-tEh3JROuGm8nPhpf7o7_h

Hi everyone!
Recently I found a suggestion from Axyy about adding a new Hard Mode. I have changed some aspects from this suggestion, included new examples for microgames and will re-suggest this suggestion with the new changes! I will suggest a new 'Impossible Mode' for MinerWare, let's hop into the suggestion:
(I have asked @Axyy and he gave me permission to re-suggest his suggestion)

Currently you are able to vote for 2 difficulties: normal & hard. With this suggestion a new voting options gets implemented. A new 'impossible mode' will make their introduction. This 'Impossible Mode' contains even harder and more challenging microgames & boss battles than the already existing 'Hard Mode'.

Current System!
Normal Mode
Hard Mode

New System!
Normal Mode
Hard Mode
Impossible Mode

When no one has voted, the game will still be played in the normal mode. This is because many young children play MinerWare, many of them find hard challenging enough already.

This is how the new voting menu will look like:

rEbThtsT9uuttxIH-tpCu0Ags8VwIJ-lvEv2AKZOmd-_hMX1ijOG5a8eBSPVpWGCLK99JzeYBa8WJ6jJbK5W9Oa-qpVtdeB7ANHyIdBq_PSUCvWB3UPRUGwFOOlP5yR31tKqlSmv

Melk Bucket = Normal Mode
Water Bucket = Hard Mode
Lava Bucket = Impossible Mode

The main reason why I am re-suggesting this suggestion is because I and a lot of other ‘experienced’ players win almost all of the gamemodes. A new hard mode doesn’t change the end results of the game, but adds more intensity to the gamemode. The ‘experienced’ players will get more challenged while playing the impossible mode, compared to the hard mode.

New Microgames!

With the new ‘Impossible Mode’ many of the existing microgames and boss battles need a small change, which will make the current Hard Mode a bit harder. I came up with a few suggestions, keep in mind this are just examples. The changes for the microgames & boss battles can always change, it’s for an example.

Current Hard Mode:
‘Shoot the Creeper’ is a microgame where you receive an arrow and have to shoot 1 creeper with it.

New Impossible Mode:
In the new Impossible Mode, you receive 2 arrows and have to shoot 2 creepers in order to win. When you miss 1 arrow, you will lose this microgame.

Current Hard Mode:
You get a couple of blocks and have to stack up 12 blocks in order to win.

New Impossible Mode:
You still have to stack up 12 blocks in order to win, however everyone receives 3 snowballs. With these players are able to punch others off their tower.

Current Hard Mode:
You will be put onto a platform of cobblestone. Underneath the cobblestone there are multiple different ores. You win the microgame when you mined the right ore before the time ended. There is tnt in the map, when you break them, they will explode.

New Impossible Mode:
Back in time it was possible to kill other players in this microgame by pvping with them. Recently this possibility got removed. The ‘Mine <Ore>’ will stay exact the same as how it is right now, but with pvp enabled again.

Current Hard Mode:
All 12 players will be divided into 6 teams and have to throw snowballs to their enemies. The last team standing will win the microgame.

New Impossible Mode:
All 12 players will play for their own, instead of having a teammate. The last player alive will win the microgame and receives a point.

Current Hard Mode:
Every player gets their inventory filled with eggs. If you hatched 10 chickens, you will win this microgame.

New Impossible Mode:
Instead of 10 chickens, you will have to hatch 11/12 chickens in order to win this microgame.

Current Hard Mode:
Anvils are falling from the sky. Faster, more and closer to the ground compared to the current normal mode (new easy mode). When you survived the falling anvils when the time runs out, you get a point.

New Impossible Mode:
The amount of anvils falling from the sky will stay the same. However there will be a hole made in the platform, where players can fall in the void. This will make it harder to dodge the falling anvils, since you’ll have to avoid the hole aswell.

The platform can look like this:
T0XH_ud0lS2CyO3Br9U0gMSTvZxn_zI5eN4zpCH_yYVlEaJNjw8gZ-vIMN7PvZBAUUhSpEMuD3MqnM2GP6cOcRbvyKy84X8B6tsHtmvz8k5DAcxv7adU988swqPXWsYyAifmDgMW

OR another example is this:
Xcn_JsQgCyW8tC94hBd68xUUaktPzYddhkodGe932EJldKZsm-JFUsGOqxOVqRbQ_kMIPewzr_yxMgNsYitNUMHEnodHsWpQ4STW3rSEtaCBpHU6Er6TDaVfPMM6RTNtISZ4FDjd

Current Hard Mode:
Everyone gets a slimeball where they can punch other players off the platform.

New Impossible Mode:
Everyone will spawn with instant orange armour, instead of green armour. This means the knockback increases even faster.

Current Hard Mode:
Everyone gets a speed-effect and have to keep running. When you die, you’ll lose the microgame. The obstacles turn into lava instead of blocks.

New Impossible Mode:
The purpose of the microgame will stay exact the same. However everyone receives 5 snowballs. With this they can hit other players and make their microgame harder.

For more examples, you can always check Axyy his suggestion from last year. He came with some examples to make Microgames & Boss Battles a bit harder aswell.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this suggestion. If you have feedback or disagree with this suggestion, feel free to share this!
  • ShinyArrow​

Last edited:

hamelech2007

May 11, 2020
Israel
I absolutely love this suggestion. I have almost 300 wins in MinerWare and even though its not a lot it becomes a bit boring (dont go "dj khaled suffering from success" on me). I 100% agree with this suggestion and I hope it gets implemented asap! :3

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
I really like this suggestion, since minerware is really wide in terms of what you can do, it gives you a lot of possibilities and variety to make original and harder minigames. The way how you made the already existing minigames even harder makes sense. Although, I have some feedback for some of the minigames.

New Impossible Mode:
Back in time it was possible to kill other players in this microgame by pvping with them. Recently this possibility got removed. The ‘Mine <Ore>’ will stay exact the same as how it is right now, but with pvp enabled again.
In my opinion, I don't think this will make it any harder. Most of the time people will use their time searching for their ores instead of pvp'ing. There is a lot that you can do with this minigame to make it even harder.

For example, you could give the players a slower pickaxe, meaning that players won't be able to mine very quickly. And that makes it harder to find the ore considering the time limit.

What also can be interesting, is switching the ore that you need to find mid-microgame. In the beginning, you're told to mine diamond ore, but then if you still haven't found it, it has the possibility to switch to a different ore.

New Impossible Mode:
All 12 players will play for their own, instead of having a teammate. The last player alive will win the microgame and receives a point.
I like the idea of adding a free for all snowball fight, it makes it more action-packed because you need to watch your surroundings very carefully since you're on your own.

To make it even harder, they could remove the snow pillars where you can hide behind, making it an open field without any cover. Since you don't have any cover, I would prefer to keep the teams of 6.

New Impossible Mode:
Everyone will spawn with instant orange armour, instead of green armour. This means the knockback increases even faster.
Instead of getting instant orange armour, making the platform where you stand on smaller, will cause players to fall off much quicker, thus making it harder to survive. Both can be equally challenging if done right.

New Impossible Mode:
The purpose of the microgame will stay exact the same. However everyone receives 5 snowballs. With this they can hit other players and make their microgame harder.
I think it would be pretty hard to hit people with snowballs because you and the other players are moving very fast. I would prefer to have pvp enabled where you can try to hit someone, but I think that isn't the easiest thing to do as well.

What could be a pretty cool alternative to making this microgame harder, is adding cobweb to different spots on the map. If you get stuck in a cobweb, you pretty much lose, because you are not moving.

Let me know what you think!

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
This is a great suggestion man, I love the idea of raising the skill ceiling of Minerware, even in hardmode you'll have players that often win all the games and end up destroying everyone else in the process.

I feel like minerware would be a lot more action packed and fun if the amount of skill you need to win all the games would be raised to a level where it's almost impossible to win every single microgame, or atleast to win almost every single microgame. This would make those moments where you defeat others by a landslide feel so much more rewarding.

Definetly agree!

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
I like the suggestion of a new difficulty in Minerware. Though, I think it wouldn't be that much fun for players that aren't good at minerware. I am not really good at it, and I get bored really fast when hard mode is voted because I win just a few microgames. Which is why I don't like the game that much. So if an impossible mode would be added, I would play it even less and hate it more. Because I probably win not even a single game.

hamelech2007

May 11, 2020
Israel
I like the suggestion of a new difficulty in Minerware. Though, I think it wouldn't be that much fun for players that aren't good at minerware. I am not really good at it, and I get bored really fast when hard mode is voted because I win just a few microgames. Which is why I don't like the game that much. So if an impossible mode would be added, I would play it even less and hate it more. Because I probably win not even a single game.
In most MinerWare lobbies, Normal gets chosen so I don't think that it's that a big of a problem, keep in mind that it requires Emerald+ to vote.

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
In most MinerWare lobbies, Normal gets chosen so I don't think that it's that a big of a problem, keep in mind that it requires Emerald+ to vote.
I know that it requires an emerald rank to vote, but there are a lot of players with ranks nowadays. I've had way too many games where hard was voted the most, which is why I don't like this game. So if the players that now vote hard are going to vote impossible, I would dislike the game even more. And for me every impossible game is one too many as I probably can't win any of the microgames.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

hamelech2007

May 11, 2020
Israel
I know that it requires an emerald rank to vote, but there are a lot of players with ranks nowadays. I've had way too many games where hard was voted the most, which is why I don't like this game. So if the players that now vote hard are going to vote impossible, I would dislike the game even more. And for me every impossible game is one too many as I probably can't win any of the microgames.
That seems odd because in most of my games Normal gets chosen :P Anyways I dont think its that a big of a problem as you are making it seem.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
To be honest I'm a little unsure about this suggestion.. don't get me wrong, the ideas you came up with are good ones but Minerware is more of a chill game that you can either play normally or have more of a challenge with, it's balanced the way it is now for all types of players. I think making it almost impossible wouldn't be fun anymore, at least for those who aren't as good.

Hard mode is already a bit impossible for me and I do tend to get bored easily because of how I'm just not having fun anymore when consistently losing. I feel like adding an impossible mode would just make MinerWare less appealing, for me at least.

Also I know that impossible mode would probably not always get picked, but I have had a lot of games that I've played which ended up being hard mode and I have a feeling that this would also be the case for the impossible mode.

Reactions: ShinyArrow

hamelech2007

May 11, 2020
Israel
To be honest I'm a little unsure about this suggestion.. don't get me wrong, the ideas you came up with are good ones but Minerware is more of a chill game that you can either play normally or have more of a challenge with, it's balanced the way it is now for all types of players. I think making it almost impossible wouldn't be fun anymore, at least for those who aren't as good.

Hard mode is already a bit impossible for me and I do tend to get bored easily because of how I'm just not having fun anymore when consistently losing. I feel like adding an impossible mode would just make MinerWare less appealing, for me at least.

Also I know that impossible mode would probably not always get picked, but I have had a lot of games that I've played which ended up being hard mode and I have a feeling that this would also be the case for the impossible mode.
Like I said before it isn't that big of a problem since there are going to be some servers where they pick Normal. It just adds a new difficulty... I think that for players that like the challenge it can make MinerWare way more fun.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, I don't think this will make it any harder. Most of the time people will use their time searching for their ores instead of pvp'ing. There is a lot that you can do with this minigame to make it even harder.
I totally agree with your concern about this change. Many players will just mine until they won the microgame.
For example, you could give the players a slower pickaxe, meaning that players won't be able to mine very quickly. And that makes it harder to find the ore considering the time limit.

What also can be interesting, is switching the ore that you need to find mid-microgame. In the beginning, you're told to mine diamond ore, but then if you still haven't found it, it has the possibility to switch to a different ore.
However I do not agree with the first example. This would take away the speed in this microgame which is definetly something I don't want to see.
I like the idea of adding a free for all snowball fight, it makes it more action-packed because you need to watch your surroundings very carefully since you're on your own.

To make it even harder, they could remove the snow pillars where you can hide behind, making it an open field without any cover. Since you don't have any cover, I would prefer to keep the teams of 6.
Both a FFA or 6 teams seems fine for me. With removing the pilars, this microgame will definetly become harder.
Instead of getting instant orange armour, making the platform where you stand on smaller, will cause players to fall off much quicker, thus making it harder to survive. Both can be equally challenging if done right.

I think it would be pretty hard to hit people with snowballs because you and the other players are moving very fast. I would prefer to have pvp enabled where you can try to hit someone, but I think that isn't the easiest thing to do as well.

What could be a pretty cool alternative to making this microgame harder, is adding cobweb to different spots on the map. If you get stuck in a cobweb, you pretty much lose, because you are not moving.
I agree with all of them!

I totally understand this argumen and feel like this is a huge con about an 'Impossible Mode'. New players or players who already have problems with the current Hard Mode, will lose most of the microgames. This is something which can demotivate them playing MinerWare.

However since there are not that many Emerald or Obsidian players playing MinerWare, most of the games I play start with the Normal Mode. Aswell as the fact that experienced players may get bored by playing Normal/Hard over and over again, since there it simply is not challenging anymore.

If this Impossible Mode gets implemented, at first it will be voted for non stop. But when it's a known voting option, it will get voted every now and then. This means that 'experienced players' will probably get less bored, since MinerWare would become more challenging. But the players who prefer Normal Mode, still will play most of the games in Normal.
(This is based on my experience with the current Hard Mode, I know that this is just what I think, but I do think it makes sense.)

Thanks all for your feedback!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom