Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
For anyone who has not been on Discord the last 7 days, may not know that I have built a train collection featuring all Dutch trains of the NS (Nederlandse Spoorwegen / Dutch Railways).

The collection includes a total of 16 different trains! I will be showcasing the train that I built with both real life and ingame pictures. I may also add some info alongside them.

01 / 02 / 2020: Thread was created.
02 / 02 / 2020 Update: Added the SLT (Sprinter Lighttrain) to the collection.
20 / 02 / 2020 Update: Added the DH2 (Diesel Hydraulisch 2) to the collection.
21 / 02 / 2020 Update: Added the ICE 3M (InterCity Express) to the collection.
22 / 02 / 2020 Update: Added the Eurostar e320 to the collection.
16 / 03 / 2020 Update: Updated the Flirt and ICD, also added the Arriva WINK.
31 / 03 / 2020 Update: Updated the ICM(m).

----------
The Mat '64 has a maximum speed of 140 KM/H (~87 MPH) and consists out of 2 carriages. Sometimes up to 5 different Mat '64 trains would be combined together!
56gxTmo.jpg
----------
Following the Mat '64 comes the DH2 (Diesel Hydraulic). These trains were in service very early in the Northern areas of the Netherlands. It used diesel over electricity as the name suggests. The DH2 could reach speeds of 100 KM/H (~62 MPH).

Fun fact: The DH2 consists out of a front and rear carriage, while the DH1 would exist out a single carriage with driver cabines on both side of the carriage!
7V3QRd5.jpg
----------
Next in line is the SGM! The SGM had a maximum speed of 120 KM/H (~74.5 MPH) and always consisted out of 3 carriages.
1SHn5P7.jpg
----------
Not far behind is the SGM(m). What does the (m) stand for you may ask, it stands for modernised. In summer 2003 - 2006 all SGM trains would be turned into the SGM(m). The SGM(m) still holds it top speed of 120 KM/H (~74.5 MPH).

Fun fact: Some SGM and SGM(m) trains had mirrors in case the train had no conductor. This way the train operator could check if it was safe to depart!
5IQpo5j.jpg
----------
The DM '90 holds a top speed of 140 KM/H (~87 MPH). It is the only train (featured in this collection) to use diesel as it's power supply, rather than electricity.
MFH253K.jpg
----------
A very simular train is the SM '90 with a maximum speed of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH), though during service it would only go as fast as 140 KM/H (~87 MPH). The SM '90 was in service 2 years before the DM '90.
guHFout.jpg
----------
The DDAR is the first double decker train to make it onto this list! The DDAR has a maximum speed of 140 KM/H (~87 MPH). The train always consists out of 4 carriages pushed / pulled by a series 1700 locomotive. The 1700 locomotive by itself could reach speeds from 180 KM/H - 200 KM/H! (~112 MPH - 124 MPH).
4ZErXdp.jpg
----------
Up next, the SLT. The SLT is capable of reaching maximum speeds of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH) with service speeds going up to 140 KM/H (~87 MPH).
ZoCKUbE.jpg
----------
The next train is the ICM(m), this showcase will not include the ICM as there is no noticeable difference between the ICM and ICM(m). The ICM(m) holds a top speed of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH) though during service it would not go any further than 140 KM/H (~87 MPH).
w6iLD0D.jpg
f7TXrJf.jpg
----------
The VIRM is one of the classic Dutch trains to have ever been in service. The VIRM can reach maximum speeds of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH) though during service it would not go any further than 140 KM/H (~87 MPH).
xZWzEjE.jpg
----------
After a while the new VIRM(m) came into service! Aside from technical stuff and better seats, the VIRM(m) has one noticeable difference, being the bright yellow colour and the blue stripe going down, rather than up. It holds the same speeds as the VIRM, maximum of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH) and a service speed of 140 KM/H (~87 MPH).
PnvpBHx.jpg
----------
Next up is the ICD (Intercity-Direct). It consists out of a ICR (carriages) pulled / pushed by 2 TRAXX-locomotives. The ICD holds a maximum speed of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH). The TRAXX-locomotive itself also does not go any faster than 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH) on Dutch railways.
TF84E81.jpg
ga0XmFr.jpg
----------
The Flirt is one of the modern stoptrains / sprinters active in the Netherlands. With maximum speeds of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH) and speed during service at 140 KM/H (~87 MPH).
v5NWx04.jpg
D5zrtQ6.jpg
----------
The most recent train in service as of now, is the SNG. This train is very simular to the Flirt. With maximum speeds of 160 KM/H (~99.5 MPH) and speed during service at 140 KM/H (~87 MPH).
NSuWFpI.jpg
----------
The ICNG is a train not in service yet! It is scheduled to start operating in 2021. It is supposed to replace the ICD trains and can even reach maximum speeds of 200 KM/H even during service! (~124 MPH).
uizpwu4.jpg
----------
Since I wanted to celebrate the completion of my Dutch train collection, I decided to build a bonus train that is active internationally, the TGV Thalys PBKA. This beast will travel at speeds of up to 320 KM/H! (~199 MPH)
5SkWtVl.jpg
----------
The second highspeed train to make it onto this collection is the ICE 3M. The ICE 3M trains are international trains that go from Amsterdam CS to either Frankfurt Hbf or Basel SBB. The speed of the ICE 3M depends on the location where it travels. Speeds may vary from 160 KM/H - 200 KM/H - 250 HM/H - 300 KM/H. (~99.5 MPH - 124.3 MPH - 155 MPH - 186 MPH)

Fun fact: The NS (Nederlandse Spoorwegen / Dutch Railways) owns 3 ICE 3M trains, sharing the others with the DB (Deutsche Bahn / German Railways).
uq8sIjZ.jpg
----------
And the last train to get posted on this collection is the Eurostar e320! I do not expect to add any more new trains after this one but time will tell. The Eurostar e320 can reach speeds of up to 320 KM/H (~200 MPH).
jsDaZQi.jpg
----------
Arriva WINK (Hybrid train), could not be bother to write text at 16 - 03 - 2020.
NMx7jb0.png
----------
One day you may expect me to build a giant Central Station with all of these trains, but I have a ton of work to do for Cubecraft projects, but you can expect it in the future!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 481668

Nice builds, you forgot the Arriva Train! ;)
Love these builds bro!

D

Deleted member 294498

They spell your name on the minecraft site almost always as Jerone or Jereon haha :)
Nice builds man!

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
What if you make a trainstation with some of these trains and make a Survival Games map of? :)

Anyways, Jeroen you did it again! Can you get access on one of these trains? If so, I want to ride one. :P

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom