Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want Middle island loot to be improved?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
near the landmark near my house
I have been playing a LOT of skywars recently and i have observed that ALL, not most, ALL of the people rush their side-opponents.

This side-rushing is the reason i get mad playing skywars. You rush your side mate, have an intense battle. You win. good. Just as you kill the opponent someone else comes and kills you.This does not apply for large maps like Drought.

Why does this happen? Because going to the middle island is absolutely pointless.

Middle is meant to be like the ultimate loot source. Theres almost no difference between middle and normal chests. All the middle chests contain is normal loot and a big fat ton of BLOCKS.

Skywars can be MUCH better if the middle loot is improved. Quality is always better than quantity.

Please cast your votes in the poll. Suggestions/arguments/criticism is welcome.

Last edited:

ImSpain

Sep 17, 2019
Ibiza, Spain
I don't agree with the mid loot thing. There's a lot of servers that have very OP midloot, but I like that cubecraft, at least in the normal and basic modes, has the same loot in the chests in mid that in chests in other islands. If mid would have very overpowered loot (btw, in overpowered mode, mid chest loot is already improved) everyone is going to rush mid and the person that gets all the loot is going to be the one with tons of enderpearls, diamond armor with enchantments, gapples, etc. and that's going to be a huge disatvantage for all the other players. In case a lot of people rush mid at the same time, a lot of people would get cleaned, which was one of your complaints, so that wouldn't be helpful. Anyway, I think if you go to mid in normal mode you still get a very good chance of getting good loot such as diamond armor, a good sword, gapples, etc.

Reactions: Marieke2001

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
I don't agree with the mid loot thing. There's a lot of servers that have very OP midloot, but I like that cubecraft, at least in the normal and basic modes, has the same loot in the chests in mid that in chests in other islands. If mid would have very overpowered loot (btw, in overpowered mode, mid chest loot is already improved) everyone is going to rush mid and the person that gets all the loot is going to be the one with tons of enderpearls, diamond armor with enchantments, gapples, etc. and that's going to be a huge disatvantage for all the other players. In case a lot of people rush mid at the same time, a lot of people would get cleaned, which was one of your complaints, so that wouldn't be helpful. Anyway, I think if you go to mid in normal mode you still get a very good chance of getting good loot such as diamond armor, a good sword, gapples, etc.
You only have better CHANCE to get good gear. Quality is always better than quantity. No need for OP items, but at least improve it A BIT. Its completely worthless going to mid in the first place. Loot should be scattered around in the middle, like in Player Islands.
For the cleans- The person who is the most skilled will probably survive. And If they survive, they should get the win they deserve. People will just camp in their islands without even fighting. Just hiding and waiting for unlimited chest refills and finally manage to egg the skilled player off the map. As per current loot, the person at mid = the person at player islands.( people can also move islands to gather more loot. They know how to place blocks.)This can give wins to the people who dont deserve the wins.

I agree, the middle chests are useless. The only good thing about the middle is that there are obviously more chests so more chance you get better loot.
Yeah. Its basically equal, because the last remaining players- lets say 1 at mid and 1 not at mid. The mid guy can loot from mid chests. The non-mid guy can roam around islands (pretty easily in some really packed "nostalgia" maps) and pretty much get equivalent loot to the middle guy. The middle guy does all the work, kills players, and finally gets egged off by a camper and loses his well-deserved win.

You only have better CHANCE to get good gear. Quality is always better than quantity. No need for OP items, but at least improve it A BIT. Its completely worthless going to mid in the first place. Loot should be scattered around in the middle, like in Player Islands.
For the cleans- The person who is the most skilled will probably survive. And If they survive, they should get the win they deserve. People will just camp in their islands without even fighting. Just hiding and waiting for unlimited chest refills and finally manage to egg the skilled player off the map. As per current loot, the person at mid = the person at player islands.( people can also move islands to gather more loot. They know how to place blocks.)This can give wins to the people who dont deserve the wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Not really a good idea. Imagine someone rushes you and you're distracted with him, meanwhile someone rushed mid and got god tier loot, and it's near impossible to kill him because he has OP stuff. The mid loot is already good enough in most cases. Maybe just add sharp 2 stone sword to mid in basic chests since swordsman kit has a better weapon than any chest in that gamemode. Aside from that I think the mid loot is good enough.

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
Not really a good idea. Imagine someone rushes you and you're distracted with him, meanwhile someone rushed mid and got god tier loot, and it's near impossible to kill him because he has OP stuff. The mid loot is already good enough in most cases. Maybe just add sharp 2 stone sword to mid in basic chests since swordsman kit has a better weapon than any chest in that gamemode. Aside from that I think the mid loot is good enough.
Okay, someone rushes you alll right. You, The rusher, and the mid guy. Only 3 players in the game right? There will be many people going for mid. If theres a guy surviving in mid, it means that he is, perhaps, the most skilled. Plus i did not ask for really OP loot. Loot should be scattered in the mid. So it will take some time for the people in mid to settle the fights and get fully stacked. By that time you should be able to deal with your rusher and get to mid in time before theres one guy remaining at mid.
I am not asking for stacks of pearls or p4 or sharp5's in the chests. Just something better than normal chests to avoid the side-rushing trend.
but yeah good argument

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
In maps where the mid is far away, like trees, desert, svannah, no one or 1 people go to mid. That person that goes to mid gets all the good loot, and the loot is very close together is all maps, idk where you got the idea that it takes a long time to get all the mid loot.

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
In maps where the mid is far away, like trees, desert, svannah, no one or 1 people go to mid. That person that goes to mid gets all the good loot, and the loot is very close together is all maps, idk where you got the idea that it takes a long time to get all the mid loot.
I dont think you understood my point. After the update, many people will go straight for mid in ALL maps, small and big. And if 1 guy is going to mid, that is practically imposible. The guy can also get rushed by 11 OTHER EXISTING PLAYERS. The guy also will be a temptation for people to egg off or bow off the map. Currently nobody goes because theres basically no point going there.After the update, Mid loot will be improved. More people will obviously want the loot to be theirs. It WILL take a long time for people to settle the fights at mid. Also i mentioned scattering of loot, so that the guy has to explore and loot the entire middle to get stacked.

I genuinely think you have not read previous posts, or did not understand what im trying to say.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I'm honestly not such a big fan of this. There shouldn't be "better" items on mid, the chance of getting good items should be higher, and that's already the case. If you're playing normal, what items do you expect to be on mid? There's already diamond armor and a diamond sword available in normal, and enchantments would more lean towards overpowered.
What I meant with "the chance of getting good items should be bigger" is basically what we already have now. A regular island has around 3 chests (smuggler kit excluded), that means the chance of getting diamond gear is low out of three chests. Mid usually has 6-8 or more chests, so going there's would almost triple the chance of finding good gear.

About the complaint of getting rushed/cleaned, you're basically saying the opposite now. You want more people to go to mid because there should be better loot, but you don't want to get cleaned/rushed. How do you expect the game to be if we would implement this, and after 5 seconds everyone's on mid. I can ensure you that this chaos would get you cleaned/rushed much faster than when everyone just takes the time to loot their island. Besides that, the distance between island is different on every map, so your argument is probably based on a map like Time is a lot different compared to a map like Sport

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
I'm honestly not such a big fan of this. There shouldn't be "better" items on mid, the chance of getting good items should be higher, and that's already the case. If you're playing normal, what items do you expect to be on mid? There's already diamond armor and a diamond sword available in normal, and enchantments would more lean towards overpowered.
What I meant with "the chance of getting good items should be bigger" is basically what we already have now. A regular island has around 3 chests (smuggler kit excluded), that means the chance of getting diamond gear is low out of three chests. Mid usually has 6-8 or more chests, so going there's would almost triple the chance of finding good gear.

About the complaint of getting rushed/cleaned, you're basically saying the opposite now. You want more people to go to mid because there should be better loot, but you don't want to get cleaned/rushed. How do you expect the game to be if we would implement this, and after 5 seconds everyone's on mid. I can ensure you that this chaos would get you cleaned/rushed much faster than when everyone just takes the time to loot their island. Besides that, the distance between island is different on every map, so your argument is probably based on a map like Time is a lot different compared to a map like Sport
If possible, we could encode different loot for different maps. I am not saying about rushing/cleaning. I am saying about side rushing. People rush their neighbours island immidieately, WITHIN 5 SECONDS OF SPAWNING youre dead. If people go to mid, this wont be happening very much. Right now, ALL people rush their neighbours.
As for the thing of triple chance, it neutralises, because you can also travel player islands without going to mid. Imagine theres only 2 people, you and the mid guy. The middle guy gets the loot from mid, you get loot by travelling regular islands quickly. MINECRAFT PLAYERS CAN MOVE AND PLACE BLOCKS. THEY ARE NOT STUCK AT ONE ISLAND. Plus thers less chance of you getting egged off. Basically you get equivalent loot as to the mid guy, and the mid guy, who has done all the hard work, killing, cleaning, could lose his well deserved win. If you manage to move around even 4-5 islands, you can get about 12-15 chests of loot. This is basically equivalent right

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
Current situation is that if you dont pick lumberjack kit, you will probably get washed off within 5-10 seconds of game start, even before you can properly loot. Especially on small maps. No one goes to mid.

Aiden107

May 31, 2019
the court
I have been playing a LOT of skywars recently and i have observed that ALL, not most, ALL of the people rush their side-opponents.

This side-rushing is the reason i get mad playing skywars. You rush your side mate, have an intense battle. You win. good. Just as you kill the opponent someone else comes and kills you.This does not apply for large maps like Drought.

Why does this happen? Because going to the middle island is absolutely pointless.

Middle is meant to be like the ultimate loot source. Theres almost no difference between middle and normal chests. All the middle chests contain is normal loot and a big fat ton of BLOCKS.

Skywars can be MUCH better if the middle loot is improved. Quality is always better than quantity.

Please cast your votes in the poll. Suggestions/arguments/criticism is welcome.
this guy thinks 1.8 is the best pvp

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Current situation is that if you dont pick lumberjack kit, you will probably get washed off within 5-10 seconds of game start, even before you can properly loot. Especially on small maps. No one goes to mid.
Actually, everyone goes to mid. People only side-rush on maps like Sunday and Rainbow (in solo). In all other maps, everyone goes to mid/sub-mid and fight there. A couple of maps where this happens, to give you examples: Snakes, Glass, Ancient, Bamboo , Beach, Birdhouse, and I could give you 10 more maps.

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
Actually, everyone goes to mid. People only side-rush on maps like Sunday and Rainbow (in solo). In all other maps, everyone goes to mid/sub-mid and fight there. A couple of maps where this happens, to give you examples: Snakes, Glass, Ancient, Bamboo , Beach, Birdhouse, and I could give you 10 more maps.
I think youre playing on Bedrock edition or minecraft 1.16, because the thing youre saying is NON-SEIXTENT. I bet you cant submit a recorded proof of even ONE MAP where people are goin to mid. About Ancient, you can just jump without even building and go to sub-mid. why would anyone go build to their neighbours then? And youre saying 10 more maps?

There would be maximum 3-4 maps where people go to mid or submid, ONLY BECAUSE IT BENEFITS THEM IN SOME WAY. people want to do what fits best.

It should also be pretty obvious that this thread is about solo skywars.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019

You always have 20-30 seconds before someone rushes you, which is more than enough for me everytime, no lumberjack kit needed. You are exaggerating to make your point seem stronger.

By the way, post one message at a time, not 2 or more for no reason, it gets annoying.

Reactions: Marieke2001

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
You always have 20-30 seconds before someone rushes you, which is more than enough for me everytime, no lumberjack kit needed. You are exaggerating to make your point seem stronger.

By the way, post one message at a time, not 2 or more for no reason, it gets annoying.
bruh send me a clip of that happening
if you can
because 20-30 seconds? youre exaggerating.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015

bruh send me a clip of that happening
if you can
because 20-30 seconds? youre exaggerating.
It really depends on the map. Maps like Rainbow, sundae, sports and Ice (these are removed or still existing maps) are easy to rush on. Since Paris has been altered it is harder to rush with. Treehouse/birdhouse (forgot name) depends on the player next to you, tryharders will rush others not. Usually you have on flowers some time. Just select the maps where the chance of rushing is less likely to happen, we have loads of variation and you can choose rusher or non-rusher maps.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

legendaryfox977 wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy birthday deo!
Guysss i got aceepted at university for Audiovisuals/Communications. 🥳🥳🥳
qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom