Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I don't want a leaderboard!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Micro Tournaments
As a few people suggested, a pvp tournament, and you would apply on the forums. But the only difficulty is that people live in different time zones, meaning it would be difficult to set up matches and when to start/finish the tournament, so I came up with this idea.

A micro tournament would be like a regular game, meaning you won't have to do the hassle of making a profile to sign up for the tournament. The size of the tournament will vary depending how big the tournament is and how big the prizes are. A regular micro tournament should be about 8 players. Its easy as going into the tournament lobby or pvp lobby and clicking on a sign or mannequin.

Since they are micro tournaments and are small, it would take place all day like a regular game! And cube craft can always host huge tournaments each month as a special, for example a 100 player tournament!

Its very easy. These tournaments will be "bracket play", if you don't know what that means its another word for "knock out play" which means you will play a game and if you lose you will be eliminated! Since it is "bracket play" you can have huge tournament sizes, but they will have to be a certain amount to everyone will get a opponent, for example it has to be 8 or 16 player tournaments or even bigger if tournaments do take off!

I don't think they will because since they are small people can EASILY just get on alts and farm them, but official cube craft tournaments (if they ever do them) would be.

Step 1: So when people click on the sign or mannequin they can choose what kit they want to use for the tournament, and what rules there are. But since they are small the tournament rules and kits will be random. And if you have youtube rank you can create your own rules and kits for your own tournament! Step 2: will spawn in a lobby with people waiting for the tournament to start, when everyone joins the tournament will begin. Step 3: You will be teleported to a duel against 1 other player. You will then fight to the death and whoever wins will proceed to the next round, as this is a "micro tournament" the tournaments will be quick and fast, if it is a 8 player tournament there will be 3 rounds. Step 4: Once you win your first round you will spawn in the game lobby again and wait until your next match to begin. A match will be 5 mins long (Short because there could be time wasters), and once all the duels are done you will be teleported to a reward room and you will see where you are in the tournament (you will see who got through and who didn't!). Step 5: You will repeat until 2 players remain. They will both duel, in a best of 3. If you were eliminated before this and sadly didn't proceed to the final you can spectate the duels if you have a certain rank. Step 6: Once the best of 3 duels are done, the all spectators and players will be teleported to that "reward room" and a podium will be there, and the winner will receive their prize.

You can be in AS much tournaments as you want! If cube craft want "competitive mode" they can but everyday you will get 5 "premium tournament passes", meaning you can enter into a competitive tournament but you will give 1 "premium tournament pass"

As I said above, we don't want the pain of signing up for a tournament and waiting for it to start. So another idea I have is a easy and simple "competitive mode", instead of organising a big pvp tournament why not have it automatic? You can enter into a "competitive mode" tournament, its the exact same as a regular tournament, but there are more stakes. Every match is best out of 3. The finale is a huge arena.You need to win 5 competitive tournaments to qualify as a ranked player. Beside your name in "competitive mode" it will show how much tournament wins in "competitive mode" you have. You will be paired up with people with similar wins.

In competitive mode, there is a ranking system, your points will determine how much wins you have and how many kills you have. Every tournament win in ranked mode equals 10 points, a kill is 2 points.

Isn't pvping with your friends better than pvping on your own? Well I came up with this idea. Other servers have some sort of clans/guilds where people can join together. So why not make competitive teams to the tournaments? A whole team would be 5 players. If you are the leader of the team, you can disband it, but you can't make another team for another 24 hours, ranked players will have infinite creations of teams. And you're team doesn't have to be pvp based you could be a tower defence team! The leader just needs to do /team party, and everyone in the team can accept the invitation and participate in tournaments!

Last words
As a said these tournaments will be fast and it will be a fun way of getting points. If there are ANY flaws in this thread please tell me, and if you disagree with this idea, I'm fine with it and tell me WHY!

If cube craft does read this, you can rename anything in here, such as the ranking system etc

Thank you for reading!
~Luzario

Last edited:

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't think they will because since they are small people can EASILY just get on alts and farm them, but official cube craft tournaments (if they ever do them) would be.
How about an account needs 1000 duel wins to enter tournaments?

If you were eliminated before this and sadly didn't proceed to the final you can spectate the duels if you have a certain rank.
Spectating should definitely be available to everyone.

Reactions: A pigeon
F

Facelurite

No prizes.
No limitations.

A simply tourney system is fine , no need for wins to count on leaderboards . Gotta love this thread for that.

Reactions: Luzario

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I just found a flaw: If someone leaves mid tournament, what will we do? Can anyone help me xD

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I just found a flaw: If someone leaves mid tournament, what will we do? Can anyone help me xD
I'd say just let their opponent win the match. If someone leaves during the first round, someone might not have to fight in the second round, seems ok to me.
Maybe they should also be banned from tournaments for something between 5 and 15 minutes, especially if there is any kind of win statistic/leaderboard for tournaments. Would be annoying if people started to leave tournaments as soon as they notice their chances are low.

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
Fast and fun 1v1 duels tournaments. That seems like a great idea. I have seen some tournaments on the forums going on. This would just be a more organized version. It will also be really fun for competitive 1.9 pvpers. Cubecraft the first 1.9 tournament implemented in the server! That would be history to find out who the best 1.9 pvper is.
+1 for me

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I'm seeing a lot of people like the idea.

I have a good idea.

You know other servers have guilds, clans, etc. Instead of that you can create you're own pvp team. For example "Team Cubecrafters", in which 5 people can be in a tournament as a team. And it could be bracket play. I would love to play WITH my friends in competitive tournament.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
It would also be interesting to see who the king/queen of cube craft would be :D in terms of 1.9 pvp. And you don't have to be the best as there is a game mode of fast tournament, and you'll get the same experience as an competitive tournament.

I also came up with another Idea that I will edit into the thread.

Everyday you will get 5 tournament pass. Meaning you can enter 1 competitive tournament. Unranked tournaments are free and you can play as much as you want.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Wow, congrats on Helper, man
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on Frontlane's profile.
good job, good luck
Eli
From musical hater to musical lover with a single trick: my girlfriend forced me to watch Hamilton 😂
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
Top Bottom