Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Message Farming
This is like a question AND suggestion.
So I was looking around the forums and I see a lot of people just saying "yea", "agreed", etc. Does this count as message farming? Im not sure if its intentional but could you add a minimum to every message? Like 5 characters? If you're reading this, instead of saying "agreed", tell us WHY you agree :D

EDIT: What about a thread requires 100+ characters, to stop the useless threads

~Luzario

Last edited:

TheHunterBas

Apr 16, 2015
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Thats true, when someone just says 'yea' it doesn't really add something to the discussion/suggestion/idea.
So adding a minimum limit of characters would be a good solution.
I think people are message farming, because of the helper application, which says that they won't accept people with a few messages.
If they erase it from the application, there will be less message farming.

Reactions: Luzario

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
agreed.

jkjk

You mean minimum? :P
Like 5 characters?
Agreed = 6 characters :rolleyes:
If you mean words, +1 (will drastically reduce ****posting/message farming/wannabestryingtoachieve50posts)

In addition, just showing the helper application thread to users with more than 100(?) posts, at least 50(?) likes and a 6 months old account, will reduce the amount of message farming (this was suggested before, not sure by who though).

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
agreed.

jkjk

You mean minimum? :p

Agreed = 6 characters :rolleyes:
If you mean words, +1 (will drastically reduce ****posting/message farming/wannabestryingtoachieve50posts)

In addition, just showing the helper application thread to users with more than 100(?) posts, at least 50(?) likes and a 6 months old account, will reduce the amount of message farming (this was suggested before, not sure by who though).[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah sorry for the mistake xD

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
This would actually be a good idea. I've done it a few times but it's usually when I just don't have a comment but I do agree. I'd rather say something than not anything.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Yet I'd rather have a message. Ultimately there is no harm in 'message farming' because when you apply staff members check to see what sort of messages you post.
The thing is, the helper wannabes don't know that, they'll keep doing it.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
If you are saying on a thread 'agree +1' isn't really message farming in my opinion. It is only message farming if you don't have read the thread or there is a POLL. Not Everyone is English here on the forums and can't write an English sentence.

Not a bad suggestion, but I am not a fan of this.
First> you can report a message farmer to a staffmember and he can delet the message of him/her
Second> What about if you want to place a picture, you can't.

Sorry dude, but I am sure that there will be a lot If people that agree with this.

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
If you are saying on a thread 'agree +1' isn't really message farming in my opinion. It is only message farming if you don't have read the thread or there is a POLL. Not Everyone is English here on the forums and can't write an English sentence.

Not a bad suggestion, but I am not a fan of this.
First> you can report a message farmer to a staffmember and he can delet the message of him/her
Second> What about if you want to place a picture, you can't.

Sorry dude, but I am sure that there will be a lot If people that agree with this.
I see... Ill 1v1 them on duels...

Anyways, I know what you mean, I a kinda agree with you.

Reactions: GeldHaftige
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Its was a long time didn't post here
But i reach to day a special nember of
1000048598.png
msg in the forums 888
I have no idea how I just became a well known member lol. I mean- it hasn't even been 3 months, and the only thing I do is upload facts.

Thank you all so much, even though I don't deserve being a well known member :heart:
RobinDn wrote on SanCookie's profile.
🍪 When do I get my cookie?
RobinDn wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :D
SpringWarz wrote on SanCookie's profile.
If you come back, I will stop eating the cookies
Top Bottom