Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should we do with map specific items?

• Total voters

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

Map Specific items
What are map specific items? Items designed to the suit the theme of the map, for example on the map Candy, cake is more likely to spawn. Custom items can be a fun and weird feature. Although they do have their flaws and can sometimes spawn too much on certain maps, sacrificing the need for more useful items. Please discuss and make sure to vote on what you want!

Keep on topic

Dec 23, 2016
Australia
www.youtube.com
Map specific items are great and I do like the thought and effort which goes into each of them. It is annoying to get knocked off the edge in general and having knockback items which allow this to occur easier obviously makes it more annoying. But I feel like removing these items will take away from the main game itself. I think skywars is great and so are the map specific items.

Reactions: Sophie

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
The map specific items should stay. They're a fun addition to the map and the game. There are some map specific items with knockback on it, but that should also stay as there aren't that many map specific items with knockback on it and they're also just map specific items which are a fun addition to the map and the game. I really don't think the map specific items should be removed.

Reactions: GummiWummiBear

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I like the map specific items, and it pretty cool too. So you don't have everytime the same blocks/loot. Also in overpowerd you have the music disk (Sharpness V) What has make a lot sense in the map.

So in My opinion I'd like to let the map specific items stay. And No, do not remove the knockback items because they are fun to use.

maybe If players don't want it, it could be added as feature, giving an vote option

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I do agree that they make specific maps better than others and more exciting, but they do need to be removed or nerfed extremely. For example, on the solo map "Sport", a knockback football just removes the whole idea of pvp, all you need to do is just hit them once and they fly off the island. On the Team Skywars map "Dinosaur", a knockback 3 bone is way too OP, again, you just hit a player once and they fly off the island easily. You're probably seeing a pattern here, its just the knockback specific items really which aren't good. So I vote for the knockback items to be removed only, and for them to get replaced for better ones.

XiiKa

Forum Expert
Dec 23, 2016
Somewhere only we know
I agree that Map specific items can give something extra to the game mode, but I have experienced tons of times where I've been hit once and I just knocked off the island (pretty annoying tho). For example on team SkyWars map Pacman, ''the point'' is quite overpowered in mid, because the mid-island isn't that big.
And like @Camezonda said, on the Team SkyWars map Dinosaur, the bone is just too overpowered, in any way. For example in mid, there is a big volcano in mid, what makes it quite easy to knock someone off mid.
It makes it quite easy to win, just to knock everyone off. So I would like to see it removed or just apply it on the maps where it isn't that easy to knock someone off the edge, just because the island is too small.

Reactions: diogo and Camezonda

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Map specific items is a really good addition, but as said above, most of them need a nerf. Knockback football is one of them, I don't mind if you maybe add something else instead, lower the knockback enchantment or replace it with another enchantment, but it definitely needs a nerf. Special items like glass blocks in the map glass or wool in rainbow, don't affect the gameplay and don't need to get removed. I hope the items will stay, but the ones that need a nerf, get a nerf.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Love map specific items but the ones that are already there need to be nerfed or buffed depending on the item.
Some of the items are just useless, sharp II shovel for example. Others are waay too strong, knockback football in Sport for example.

I think the power and usefulness of the items needs to be just as high as those of kit-items. That way people will probably use the items but not as heavily as the football.

Also, I don't think the items always need to be a weapon.
Maybe an item that gives you jump, or speedboost (could be a cookie in candy)
Or a chestpiece with a lot of thorns but low durability (a footballshirt??? :D)
Could also be nausuea potions or smh, just not a sword or tool you can hit people with.

Reactions: Mossangubben

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I like map specific items as they give maps their own feel to playing it, offering lots of variety in playing on different maps.
One problem I see however, is that some items are ridiculously overpowered. One of them being the Football from the Sports map. In normal it's knockback 2 which is really powerful as it is, and in OP it's knockback 3. I know it's called OP and all, but knockback 3 is too extreme.
This item specifically could be nerfed in a way that it's knockback 1 in normal, and knockback 2 in OP.

Try to keep map-specific items as a secondary weapon that only helps a bit. Possible enchants being Fire Aspect 1, Knockback 1, Fortune 2, etc.
(By the way, are the sharpness 5 base items even worth using? I never tried it and they seem pretty useless to me)

Reactions: RPoule

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I like map specific items as they give maps their own feel to playing it, offering lots of variety in playing on different maps.
One problem I see however, is that some items are ridiculously overpowered. One of them being the Football from the Sports map. In normal it's knockback 2 which is really powerful as it is, and in OP it's knockback 3. I know it's called OP and all, but knockback 3 is too extreme.
This item specifically could be nerfed in a way that it's knockback 1 in normal, and knockback 2 in OP.

Try to keep map-specific items as a secondary weapon that only helps a bit. Possible enchants being Fire Aspect 1, Knockback 1, Fortune 2, etc.
(By the way, are the sharpness 5 base items even worth using? I never tried it and they seem pretty useless to me)
They are very useless, the only good fighting items are the knockback ones. Thats why I wanna see more non-attacking map-related items :D

HuracanFTW

Nov 11, 2015
In my opinion map specific items make our Skywars even more special than any other skywars on any other server. Although for the knock back ones, they are too overpowered as said above. In my opinion they should be revamped, so they are a great addition, but they won't be too overpowered. For example: in the map bones, the knock backfor the knockback bone increases depending on which mode is selected. I think that the knockback should always be level 1, so it's a bit more balanced.

Anyway, I got another suggestion that I didn't know where to place. It's related to items, so I'll post it here :)

IN my opinion the chests are a bit of a mess, there are for example way too many helmets in 1 chest and no swords in it. In my opinion this should be balanced better and especially for solo as you know how many helmets the player will need (only 1 of course).

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!

Due to so many different conflicting discussion/opinions going to make a bunch of threads in relation to some of the poll suggestions proposed from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-next-skywars-update.191642/ This will mean we get more direct information on each suggestion.

Map Specific items
What are map specific items? Items designed to the suit the theme of the map, for example on the map Candy, cake is more likely to spawn. Custom items can be a fun and weird feature. Although they do have their flaws and can sometimes spawn too much on certain maps, sacrificing the need for more useful items. Please discuss and make sure to vote on what you want!

Keep on topic

Oh come on because everyone is so salty about OP mode getting voted and noobs 1 shotting them
Its not fair for people like me :mad:
First Egg Wars now Sky Wars!!!

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Love map specific items but the ones that are already there need to be nerfed or buffed depending on the item.
Some of the items are just useless, sharp II shovel for example. Others are waay too strong, knockback football in Sport for example.

I think the power and usefulness of the items needs to be just as high as those of kit-items. That way people will probably use the items but not as heavily as the football.

Also, I don't think the items always need to be a weapon.
Maybe an item that gives you jump, or speedboost (could be a cookie in candy)
Or a chestpiece with a lot of thorns but low durability (a footballshirt??? :D)
Could also be nausuea potions or smh, just not a sword or tool you can hit people with.
The sharpness 2 shovel is actually too op imo, it is on the maps candy and candy, mid is 80% snow, the shovel is an infinite snowball machine.

Matt763

Jul 15, 2017
I like everything where they are on the map so I will vote keep the specific items where they are

Pitufo01

Novice Member
Mar 26, 2017
A Little Village Somewhere inPortugal
Hello!

Map Specific items

Keep on topic
So cool bro, my favourite is football ball on sports map

Zethox

Dec 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I like the 'map specific items' the way they are, the knockback items are also very fun to use, and it gives the 'not so good' players also an opportunity to win the game!
I would like to keep them the way they are.

Cemalefe

Aug 8, 2017
Admin pls i Love You iam banned and my friend to iam unbanned my frend not pls unban him hes name is robinminecraft

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom