• No, why?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
The free trial is a scam tho?
You are lead into believing firstly, its trios.
Secondly, games fill up quick.
Thirdly, there are a lot of others playing it.
Once again pay to play, and isn't even what you think it is when you pay.
Can't they just see the player numbers after the free week tho? It's not like those are hidden, and although I haven't gone through costumer support, I'd assume that they could be lenient about a refund if they were misled

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Can't they just see the player numbers after the free week tho? It's not like those are hidden, and although I haven't gone through costumer support, I'd assume that they could be lenient about a refund if they were misled
Doesn't change the fact its very misleading.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
If I thought I was speaking for everyone.
I wouldn't have added the choice to vote.

I understand you and several others don't like the idea, but do you even play it?
I play it often with friends. Its fun to make a “private game” by playing it with 3 others. Making it free would take the possibility to play in a private lobby with friends away.

And by saying “no one ever actually plays it” you are suggesting nobody plays it when it isnt available for everyone.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I play it often with friends. Its fun to make a “private game” by playing it with 3 others. Making it free would take the possibility to play in a private lobby with friends away.

And by saying “no one ever actually plays it” you are suggesting nobody plays it when it isnt available for everyone.
Right now it has more players than 3/4 of the other Skywars gamemodes btw.

I doubt they are all VIP's.
Also this is increasing the player count.

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
also, the second and third points are the same point lol.

The player count is increasing, that is true. Which is why it shouldn't be free. If you had access to the gamemode for free 24/7, you wouldn't be hyped to play it, it just simply doesn't have the replay-ability that other team games have.

(Saying that it has more players than 3 other skywars games doesn't say much, those games aren't vip only, ofc players will be going for the hype gamemode.)

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
also, the second and third points are the same point lol.

The player count is increasing, that is true. Which is why it shouldn't be free. If you had access to the gamemode for free 24/7, you wouldn't be hyped to play it, it just simply doesn't have the replay-ability that other team games have.

(Saying that it has more players than 3 other skywars games doesn't say much, those games aren't vip only, ofc players will be going for the hype gamemode.)
I'm too tired to go round in circles.

The fact u saying it being bigger than the other modes isn't special is silly.

That's like saying Eggwars having more players than Survival Games means nothing.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands

When there is something new, there will always be a hype around it. After a couple days/weeks/months this will disappear, and it will probably get the same amount of players like the other Skywars gamemodes. Making it free for limited time will let the hype repeat when they release it a

The increase of the player count could have more factors. For example, here in The Netherlands we got a week vacation this week. This increases the time to play so there will be more player on the same time. Or more nations will get new COVID measures, so everybody is more at home.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
When there is something new, there will always be a hype around it. After a couple days/weeks/months this will disappear, and it will probably get the same amount of players like the other Skywars gamemodes. Making it free for limited time will let the hype repeat when they release it a

The increase of the player count could have more factors. For example, here in The Netherlands we got a week vacation this week. This increases the time to play so there will be more player on the same time. Or more nations will get new COVID measures, so everybody is more at home.
Still, Duels does well even after the hype.
As for the break thing, Cube is breaking records every week, so this 100% had an affect.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Still, Duels does well even after the hype.
As for the break thing, Cube is breaking records every week, so this 100% had an affect.
Duels is 1v1, so a lot players will play against party members. It isnt difficult to fill this up. My other point is Duels was a complete new mode on CubeCraft, so it makes sense people will play this even after the hype. Skywars Chaos is a variation on the existing Skywars concept, so this is more likely to lose the hype. Eggwars Mega lost a lot of players a week/month after the release as well, so I predict this will happen to Skywars Chaos.

Reactions: CedricFresh

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
I completely agree with this. At the time I'm writing this, there are 1500 players on Skywars Chaos. I very rarely play chaos mode, but when I do, I've noticed that it usually sits around 60 players, and the games take quite some time to fill. I've had it where I was waiting in my cage in the pregame for nearly 10 minutes and nobody joined. Although it was at a low hour for the server, this seems ridiculous as each game only needs 4 players.

Making it free permanently would make it more enjoyable for players who DO enjoy playing the game, as the games would fill much faster and make it easier to grind for leaderboard. And as you said, it would likely draw more players into the server, as it is a fun mode, it just needs more people who enjoy playing it.
I know you want to reward VIP's, but I think in the future you could do that in better ways.
An idea I have for this would be VIP exclusive cosmetics. It would likely be a huge update to the entire server, but if they were to add some sort of server currency that isn't minecoins, like Hypixel has, it would be cool to see each VIP level (and non VIPs) get their own rewards.

As an example, non VIPs would get some default cosmetics, while VIP level 1s would get the same cosmetics, but with a few of their own, and have that pattern continue to VIP level 5. Again, this is just an example, but I personally think this would be cool.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Fair.
It shouldn't be free because (main reason): if what you are asking of, free chaos, were to be implemented just as it is, there would be less perks for vip, which is unfair to the people who just bought vip level 1.
Ok but if they were to replace it with better perks would you agree with me?

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
Ok but if they were to replace it with better perks would you agree with me?
Yes, I agree, but it was unclear in the poll. It will be difficult for them to implement a system that 99% of players like without also making it radically cosmetic, but I hope that soon they can change it well.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hola Capp! 🤍
After nearly 2 years on the Forums, I just figured out I can watch an entire subforum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG_5528.png

This would’ve been so useful in the past. 😭
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Top Bottom