Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I know so many people is disagree so I wont even bother hosting a poll here but anyway I think skybasing should be allowed. Its a legit strategy not exploits or hacks or anything. Its a hated strategy but then why isnt bowspamming or sword spamming (In 1.9) or maybe even camping mid. These are all hated strategys but why arnt they banned and skybasing it. No its not "impossible" or "extremely hard" if your good. First if they are in a skybase you likely have full access to mid and their egg. So you can get all the resources you want and you can die but they cant. Also maybe just build up? Eventually they will run out of resources and things to defend with. Even if with all these facts, If you dont want to consider these just lower the build limit maybe? There no point to go 8 blocks beyond whats already there if your not skybasing.

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
Skybasing shouldn’t be allowed because you can win easy, and could be unfair to different players, and it’s a waste of time. It should stay not allowed because, one of the times you can’t even find the player, and in some games it’s impossible to reach the players because you don’t have enough blocks, etc. If you get knocked off, you will get knocked off, and die. Skybasing is related under camping, and camping isn’t allowed because it ruins the game, and takes long.

I disagree, and don’t see a “good” reason, to let it make allowed

Its not wasting time and pointless if its a viable strategy and wins games.
About winning, games.. That’s the point because it’s unfair. doing nothing and wait untill the last player comes to get you.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Skybasing shouldn’t be allowed because you can win easy, and could be unfair to different players, and it’s a waste of time. It should stay not allowed because, one of the times you can’t even find the player, and in some games it’s impossible to reach the players because you don’t have enough blocks, etc. If you get knocked off, you will get knocked off, and die. Skybasing is related under camping, and camping isn’t allowed because it ruins the game, and takes long.

I disagree, and don’t see a “good” reason, to let it make allowed

About winning, games.. That’s the point because it’s unfair. doing nothing and wait untill the last player comes to get you.
Well clearly your playing the game wrong. First if your playing in 1.9 then thats your problem your already playing it wrong. Again if a team is skybasing you have unlimited resources because you have full access to gens. If you cant find someone skybasing then well idk what to say to that. Ok ok here first if they are SKYBASING not camping with the gens and abusing the bow then its perfectly reasonable.

Let me see a good reason why it should be disallowed.

How can you win games if you are skybasing? people skybase because they know they are going to lose.
Well there you go if they know they are going to lose then why make it disallowed.

BuriitoS

Novice Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Well clearly your playing the game wrong. First if your playing in 1.9 then thats your problem your already playing it wrong. Again if a team is skybasing you have unlimited resources because you have full access to gens. If you cant find someone skybasing then well idk what to say to that. Ok ok here first if they are SKYBASING not camping with the gens and abusing the bow then its perfectly reasonable.

Well there you go if they know they are going to lose then why make it disallowed.
You posted this thread in suggestion so it is for each and every game in Cubecraft. You don't have unlimited resources while skybasing, you have it when you are camping.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I don't really see skybasing as an actual stragety, since it's basically a no-brainer to just pillar up and hide in a little cage you made. It really doesn't require a lot of thought and is one of the least efficient ways to win a game.

Basically it has been made punishable, because it's very time consuming and annoying towards your opponent/opponents.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Eggwars already takes a long time
This literally is the worse version of camping
in camping you can still safe bridge, but in skybasing if you are hit off than you will basically die
it is just stupid in any game and basically forces a stale mate
so ABSOLUTELY NEVER
@iLoveYouu

Reactions: ItsDavey_

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands

I was talking about all games tho.

Anyway, I already told you a good reason, and why is playing 1.9 wrong? And players who are skybasing are playing the game wrong because it is not allowed.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Skybasing is basically intentionally making the game longer and forcing a stalemate which would be a big problem, Someone can sit up there and bow spam down as an example. A bunch of people hated the fact that players could sky base in infected. So I am going to have to disagree. Goodluck though and enjoy the rest of your day :)

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
200w_s.gif

Skybasing is a form of camping, which makes it very annoying. It is not a tactic, it is not a strategy, is is a move that noobs who can't PvP use to vagina away from players who have any skill at all.
That moment when your gif doesn't work.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
why isnt bowspamming or sword spamming (In 1.9) or maybe even camping mid.
Simple!
Mid camping is relatively difficult to pull off yet pretty rewarding.
Bowspamming requires you to predict which way your target will be strafing and it isn't very effective most of the time.
Spam clicking just achieves pretty much nothing, really.

First if they are in a skybase you likely have full access to mid and their egg. So you can get all the resources you want and you can die but they cant
What if your egg happened to be broken before you get to them?
What's stopping them form leaving one or more players at the main base to protect it for a while, effectively camping 2 different areas?

Also maybe just build up? Eventually they will run out of resources and things to defend with
A few stacks of arrows go a long way if you're conservative. I usually use less than 30 each game of eggwars.

Even if with all these facts, If you dont want to consider these just lower the build limit maybe? There no point to go 8 blocks beyond whats already there if your not skybasing.
Ever heard of bridging from high up? It's an effective approach to dealing with island campers since they'd have trouble shooting you when you're very high up.

So in a nutshell:
Completely disagree.
Skybasing is one of those strategies where it barely takes any thought to pull off, and it's ridiculously powerful and makes it extremely difficult to get to another person.
I'm not a fan of camping at all, so allowing skybasing is the last thing I would do.

By the way, I suggest you make a poll regardless just to see how many people are actually against this.

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Simple!
Mid camping is relatively difficult to pull off yet pretty rewarding.
Bowspamming requires you to predict which way your target will be strafing and it isn't very effective most of the time.
Spam clicking just achieves pretty much nothing, really.

What if your egg happened to be broken before you get to them?
What's stopping them form leaving one or more players at the main base to protect it for a while, effectively camping 2 different areas?

A few stacks of arrows go a long way if you're conservative. I usually use less than 30 each game of eggwars.

Ever heard of bridging from high up? It's an effective approach to dealing with island campers since they'd have trouble shooting you when you're very high up.

So in a nutshell:
Completely disagree.
Skybasing is one of those strategies where it barely takes any thought to pull off, and it's ridiculously powerful and makes it extremely difficult to get to another person.
I'm not a fan of camping at all, so allowing skybasing is the last thing I would do.

By the way, I suggest you make a poll regardless just to see how many people are actually against this.
Its still not cool
Not one a one block bridge which is the only place its commonly used on
Anyone who plays skywars in 1.9 must have lost there god damn mind.

Thats bad on your part
Well then its still a 4v2
It still takes a few arrows to achieve 1 kill unless you knock them off.

Well you will most likely die when you fall or be very low if your going over 10 blocks.

Well all that is your opinion lol. Skybasing does take skill and actually changes the game up.

Not really a point tbh.

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
Please do not allow sky basing ever again. If sky basing was aloud back in, games would take much longer than already is. I already have games that last around 2 hours, and I wouldn't want games to last much longer than that. Not only that, but it is very hard to actually kill team/person in a decent sky base. Even if they leave the pillar up to their sky base, it would be extremely hard not to get shot. Even if they don't have a bow, getting knocked off could be very easily done. Not only that, but even how annoying it is, it can be easily done. All you need is around 4 stacks of iron, 32 gold, and 8 diamonds to setup a decent sky base. If you rush mid (not caring about your egg) and then sky-base, you could camp out the whole game. In my opinion that is very unfair. The reason why bow spamming isn't banned is because they actually combat you to PvP with their own will. They got the bow first, they killed you first. With sky baser's most of them only try to engage in combat when you go after them. Yes I know that this is a strategy, it is an annoying one like other ones, but the reason why CubeCraft banned it was because it was an unfair way to last throughout the game/win.

Reactions: Lilleh__

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Skybasing may be a "legit" strategy by the technical definition of the word, but it has no place on cubecraft. The only reason people skybase is because they know they're going to lose, so they just want to make it a pain for the other team to win out of spite. If you truly think people skybase to win, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona I'll sell you for a very reasonable rate. You speak of bowpamming and mid-camping as annoying strategies, but at least those are an attempt to win. Skybasers are worse than hackers in terms of the spirit of their play, hackers at least try to win. Skybasers are just assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Loskol's profile.
1715877713484.png
UncleSpect wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
happy birthday!
Changed my name to _EliteSexy, so thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐷
Top Bottom