Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Mintypie231

Feb 7, 2024
a parallel universe
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
CubeCraft should allow the forum members to edit the profile posts and delete a reply in any thread (if posted accidentally). Even though this forum is mainly used for game suggestions, I feel like this suggestion should be brought forward. You may ask, why is this necessary, and I will also include why this may be added. If this feature is added, it is useful for many reasons, although it may have drawbacks.

How is editing profile posts and deleting replies in the thread useful?
(Note- this is only for reference, please do not feel offended.)
So imagine if you made a long profile post. When you post it, you see that it has a grammatical mistake, or something else should be added/removed. You try to edit the post, but quickly realize, that you actually can't edit profile posts. There are three solutions left, either you can delete your post and retype it again, or you can reply and add the things left. Or, you can just leave it like that.
You think, what if you could edit posts? (you probably don't think it, it's just for reference)
Editing profile post would not only be easier, but more efficient. It would be very helpful if you made a mistake in the post.
If you think if this feature could be used wrongly, CubeCraft can add editing history. It can appear below messages, and can show what the old message was before it was edited, just like how it is shown when someone changes a username.

Similarly, if you reply in any thread in any forum, you are not allowed to delete your reply, if you change your mind about replying and accidentally post a reply. I know editing a reply is a thing, but there should also be an option to delete a reply. If you do not want to be a part of a thread, or if you don't want your comment to be there, wouldn't the ability to delete it would be a better option?

I feel like these features should be added to the forums. If you disagree, or feel like there is another solution that CubeCraft could add, feel free to share it!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
CubeCraft should allow the forum members to edit the profile posts and delete a reply in any thread (if posted accidentally). Even though this forum is mainly used for game suggestions, I feel like this suggestion should be brought forward. You may ask, why is this necessary, and I will also include why this may be added. If this feature is added, it is useful for many reasons, although it may have drawbacks.

How is editing profile posts and deleting replies in the thread useful?
(Note- this is only for reference, please do not feel offended.)

So imagine if you made a long profile post. When you post it, you see that it has a grammatical mistake, or something else should be added/removed. You try to edit the post, but quickly realize, that you actually can't edit profile posts. There are three solutions left, either you can delete your post and retype it again, or you can reply and add the things left. Or, you can just leave it like that.
You think, what if you could edit posts? (you probably don't think it, it's just for reference)
Editing profile post would not only be easier, but more efficient. It would be very helpful if you made a mistake in the post.
If you think if this feature could be used wrongly, CubeCraft can add editing history. It can appear below messages, and can show what the old message was before it was edited, just like how it is shown when someone changes a username.

Similarly, if you reply in any thread in any forum, you are not allowed to delete your reply, if you change your mind about replying and accidentally post a reply. I know editing a reply is a thing, but there should also be an option to delete a reply. If you do not want to be a part of a thread, or if you don't want your comment to be there, wouldn't the ability to delete it would be a better option?

I feel like these features should be added to the forums. If you disagree, or feel like there is another solution that CubeCraft could add, feel free to share it!
So I tested your editing profile posts suggestion with a Xenoforo demo:
  • You CAN allow players to edit their own profile posts if you want to, but then there's no profile post editing history, unlike threads where Xenoforo shows users with Moderation privilieges every change that has been made:
Screenshot 2024-04-23 112927.png
Therefore, since it's not native to Xenoforo, I will have to disagree, because it's really not worth the hassle when you can just, as you said, either delete the post, or post your edit under it.

About your second suggestion of allowing users to delete their thread replies, I will have to strongly disagree because a lot of people would simply remove their responses if they receive negative feedback, and that would make a lot of conversations look incomplete if someone ever visits the thread in the future. You can already ask a Moderator to delete a reply of yours if you strongly feel as though it needs to be deleted, but having a "delete" button right at your disposal would encourage this behavior more than what it should be encouraged.​

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Like Eli said, I don’t think editing replies should be a feature, but maybe something like an “undo post” button, that lets you undo a post if you haven’t refreshed your page since posting, or its been less than a minute or so, since it lets you fix the mistake of clicking send early, but wouldn’t let you delete it after it’s been sitting for a meaningful time.

Reactions: Mintypie231

Mintypie231

Feb 7, 2024
a parallel universe
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
So I tested your editing profile posts suggestion with a Xenoforo demo:
  • You CAN allow players to edit their own profile posts if you want to, but then there's no profile post editing history, unlike threads where Xenoforo shows users with Moderation privilieges every change that has been made:
Therefore, since it's not native to Xenoforo, I will have to disagree, because it's really not worth the hassle when you can just, as you said, either delete the post, or post your edit under it.

About your second suggestion of allowing users to delete their thread replies, I will have to strongly disagree because a lot of people would simply remove their responses if they receive negative feedback, and that would make a lot of conversations look incomplete if someone ever visits the thread in the future. You can already ask a Moderator to delete a reply of yours if you strongly feel as though it needs to be deleted, but having a "delete" button right at your disposal would encourage this behavior more than what it should be encouraged.​
I can't argue with that, I guess you are right.
So yeah, nevermind this idea. I'll just leave this suggestion like this.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom