Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Stop allowing hackers get away with 7 day bans due to Sentinel banning first, if evidence is submitted to show they are hacking it should be used!

A Sentinel ban is less than 25% the length of a real cheating ban

Do not let hackers get back all their alts so fast! In fact I would go so far as to say these alt accounts should be permanently banned, if the player really made a "mistake" they can appeal to get their accounts unbanned after a few months

Something needs to be done on Java! starting with not allowing alts to be given back to hackers after just a week

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Stop allowing hackers get away with 7 day bans due to Sentinel banning first, if evidence is submitted to show they are hacking it should be used!

Do not let hackers get back all their alts so fast! In fact I would go so far as to say these alt accounts should be permanently banned, if the player really made a "mistake" they can appeal to get their accounts unbanned after a few months

Something needs to be done on Java! starting with not allowing alts to be given back to hackers after just a week
Being honest, the lunatics are running the asylum at the moment.

davidmagmc

Jun 14, 2023
Sentinel falsely bans quite a lot. I especially notice this when lagging. I've gotten banned for simply killing someone while lagging several times already. Redned keeps yapping about keep alives instead of fixing anything. I've thrown my help at him on multiple occasions and he's indirectly ignored every last attempt at offering help with Sentinel. He doesn't want to fix the cheater problem, otherwise he would've accepted my help long ago. I'm one of the few cheat developers actually competent enough to bypass this hunk of crap anticheat.
@Redned I assume you're going to see this; feel free to hit me up if you do want help.
My discord is @official_error

Reactions: cubelegit7621

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm one of the few cheat developers actually competent enough to bypass this hunk of crap anticheat.
You are the problem here, not Redned.

Start a conversation with him on the forums, I'm sure he'll look at it

He likely has a lot of other responsibilities on top of Sentinel, there just isn't the budget for a full time Sentinel developer it seems.

That's why staff bans need to deter hackers, this involves ensuring hacking bans are a lengthy time and expanding the Java moderation team

My suggestion isn't to make Sentinel bans 30 day bans, keep them at 7, but if evidence is given against a player, it should be used to extend the ban to a 30 day ban

davidmagmc

Jun 14, 2023
You are the problem here, not Redned.

Start a conversation with him on the forums, I'm sure he'll look at it

He likely has a lot of other responsibilities on top of Sentinel, there just isn't the budget for a full time Sentinel developer it seems.

That's why staff bans need to deter hackers, this involves ensuring hacking bans are a lengthy time and expanding the Java moderation team

My suggestion isn't to make Sentinel bans 30 day bans, keep them at 7, but if evidence is given against a player, it should be used to extend the ban to a 30 day ban
Yes and no; he's gone out of his way to deny my help. He's told me directly "no, that wouldn't solve anything" when I proposed adding ACTUAL checks, and not just relying on the minecraft protocol.

EDIT: I would love to help out Cubecraft with Sentinel for free, as this is the kind of stuff I do in my free time. So that whole "there's no budget" is bs. Also, what happened to using NCP alongside Sentinel, like Cubecraft used to all the time up until a few months before the 1.19 update?

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Yes and no; he's gone out of his way to deny my help. He's told me directly "no, that wouldn't solve anything" when I proposed adding ACTUAL checks, and not just relying on the minecraft protocol.

EDIT: I would love to help out Cubecraft with Sentinel for free, as this is the kind of stuff I do in my free time. So that whole "there's no budget" is bs. Also, what happened to using NCP alongside Sentinel, like Cubecraft used to all the time up until a few months before the 1.19 update?
Wait, so you actively develop hacks ?

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him

As I said, probably the best thing is to start a conversation

Also if I was an anti-cheat developer, would I really be talking to a cheat developer about what checks I should be putting in and what these checks should be looking for? I'm not sure I would be.

cubelegit7621

Mar 19, 2024
Earth

As I said, probably the best thing is to start a conversation

Also if I was an anti-cheat developer, would I really be talking to a cheat developer about what checks I should be putting in and what these checks should be looking for? I'm not sure I would be.
A cheat developer knows the best about how to bypass the anticheat so its wiser to let them help you patch stuff :)
& thats how most anticheats are tested before being released letting cheat developers test them to find any bugs and report them to the developers
take polar for example its made by a cheat developer called Lucky who made a cheat client and still does and its the best one out right now

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
A cheat developer knows the best about how to bypass the anticheat so its wiser to let them help you patch stuff :)
& thats how most anticheats are tested before being released letting cheat developers test them to find any bugs and report them to the developers
I would imagine most anti-cheat developers were at one point cheat developers too, not sure about Redned but I imagine funkymonkey was experienced. Would they take advice on how to code checks from current cheat developers who are advertising the fact that they can bypass Sentinel and are good at it, I would think not. They certainly wouldn't say what they'de be implementing anyway...

cubelegit7621

Mar 19, 2024
Earth
I would imagine most anti-cheat developers were at one point cheat developers too, not sure about Redned but I imagine funkymonkey was experienced. Would they take advice on how to code checks from current cheat developers who are advertising the fact that they can bypass Sentinel and are good at it, I would think not. They certainly wouldn't say what they'de be implementing anyway...
If redned ever made a cheat he wouldve atleast known how to make a simple friction check
funke was 100x smarter than redned he talked with developers like hamzah to get him to spill some bypasses to him so he could patch them

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Yea you have a point of vue here and i totally agree with you

They must do more punishment for hackers

• Agree
Reactions: Matriox

FluffySnowFox

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2022
Snowy Land

Boo hackers

• Agree

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him

Hello
I think that the system of the first ban being a week is the best thing that happened, and here is why. When a player cheats for the first time and is banned by the anti-cheat, he will then think repeatedly about not breaking the rules again,
I think the system of Week Ban -> Month Ban -> Permanent Ban is very fair and there are many reasons. Tell me if you want me to say it.
and if there are cheaters who cheat every now and then, then do not worry about that. There are great staffs here and there. anti cheat Excellent, this was my opinion, thanks for reading.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
In the gaming world, cheaters have always been a problem. Sometimes it's worse than others, but we're always trying to figure out the best way to deal with them, like the current 7-day ban given by Sentinel.

When I was part of the Moderation team, and even now, I still think the 7-day ban is a good idea. Most cheating accounts are disposable, meaning they're just used once and then thrown away. So, a 7-day ban usually stops them from coming back. (There are exceptions where the accounts get reused).

I know some people suggest using evidence from players to make bans longer, but I think that might not be fair to everyone. For players who aren't repeat cheaters, a 7-day ban is enough to make them realize they messed up and hopefully stop cheating.

It's all about finding the right balance between punishing cheaters and giving people a chance to learn from their mistakes. The 7-day ban does that by giving cheaters a timeout to think about what they've done, while also giving other players a fair shot at enjoying the game without cheats.

Regarding Sentinel and its updates.
It’s true that the battle between cheaters and anti-cheat systems like Sentinel is an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Cheaters are constantly evolving their methods to bypass detection, while anti-cheat systems strive to keep up with new techniques and exploits.

While Sentinel and similar anti-cheat mechanisms play a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of the gaming experience, it’s important to acknowledge that no anti-cheat system can ever be 100% accurate. Cheaters are resourceful and often find ways to circumvent detection, requiring constant updates and improvements to stay ahead of the curve.

I do understand the frustration of having to deal with cheaters ruining your gaming experience. But I also believe that the current team does everything they can to provide each player an enjoyable experience.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
from what I've seen, Cubecraft is somehow *so lenient* with hackers compared to other servers I've been in where hacking warrants a permanent ban on the first offense

people here don't understand how likely it is for someone to return to hacking once they got unbanned, and if it was a closet cheater, chances are they'll just hack less blatantly

I agree with having sentinel bans lengthened as well as lengthening manual bans or making them permanent

• Agree

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
When I was part of the Moderation team, and even now, I still think the 7-day ban is a good idea. Most cheating accounts are disposable, meaning they're just used once and then thrown away. So, a 7-day ban usually stops them from coming back. (There are exceptions where the accounts get reused).
The exceptions are what this thread is aimed at, there's no point on allowing hackers who do reuse alts to be able to do so after 7 days

It's all about finding the right balance between punishing cheaters and giving people a chance to learn from their mistakes. The 7-day ban does that by giving cheaters a timeout to think about what they've done, while also giving other players a fair shot at enjoying the game without cheats.
This isn't about people who are making mistakes though, it's about hackers (likely cheat client developers themselves) who will hack for fun, people who've been playing this cat and mouse game ever since Sentinel was a thing, they are not making mistakes, this is their game, and why they play Minecraft. I don't think these account should ever be able to be reused for hacking, even if some hackers don't reuse accounts, for those who do, I think permanently banning these account is warranted, or at least 30 day banning them

I think everyone here would disagree with a staff cheating ban being 7 days, because I was the exact same person 7 days ago as I am today, I was still complaining about things as usual, and wouldn't have ever changed in just a week.

And again, this thread is mainly aimed at these low level stone ranked account who are being used by cheaters to log on and get banned, not those people using closet hacks, maybe they've made a mistake, but I think everyone would still agree that 30 days is the right amount of time for those people to think about their mistake

Regarding Sentinel and its updates.
It’s true that the battle between cheaters and anti-cheat systems like Sentinel is an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Cheaters are constantly evolving their methods to bypass detection, while anti-cheat systems strive to keep up with new techniques and exploits.

While Sentinel and similar anti-cheat mechanisms play a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of the gaming experience, it’s important to acknowledge that no anti-cheat system can ever be 100% accurate. Cheaters are resourceful and often find ways to circumvent detection, requiring constant updates and improvements to stay ahead of the curve.

I do understand the frustration of having to deal with cheaters ruining your gaming experience. But I also believe that the current team does everything they can to provide each player an enjoyable experience.

I agree with all of this, thank you for bringing it up. Currently there is only half an anti-cheat developer (as in, they're not assigned 100% to the anti-cheat). This means that on Java, human moderation is the way to go. "Hire an anti-cheat developer" may be unrealistic due to budget reasons, or, as you have said, it takes time for a developer to become familiar with the systems Cubecraft uses.

This is why I would welcome the opening of Java helper applications again, the server needs more moderators moderating games actively as Sentinel isn't cutting it at the moment, and that's okay.

But when these new moderators are added I still do think that anyone getting a 7 day ban for hacking isn't learning from their mistakes, a 30 day ban is more realistically teaching people a lesson, and would make recycling of alt accounts harder.

Hello
I think that the system of the first ban being a week is the best thing that happened, and here is why. When a player cheats for the first time and is banned by the anti-cheat, he will then think repeatedly about not breaking the rules again,
For someone using closet hacks maybe, but for the account that this thread is aimed at, I am almost 100% certain this isn't the case. On top of that I'd encourage you to read my messages above to see why I would further disagree with you

I think the system of Week Ban -> Month Ban -> Permanent Ban is very fair and there are many reasons. Tell me if you want me to say it.
and if there are cheaters who cheat every now and then, then do not worry about that. There are great staffs here and there. anti cheat Excellent, this was my opinion, thanks for reading.

I would appreciate you highlighting the reasons, yes.

Unfortunetly, I will worry, that's the way I am. I rejoined Cubecraft after a year or two a few weeks ago and came back to a server that was completely different, almost every game I went into there was a hacker. I am not just here to complain, as I know I am very much known for that 😆, but because I am genuinely concerned with the state of Java's cheat protections at the moment

Something needs to be done, in my opinion the measure include:
- More Java moderators (in progress)
- Being more harsh with accounts that use hack clients, especially those people who are using loads of alts

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
from what I've seen, Cubecraft is somehow *so lenient* with hackers compared to other servers I've been in where hacking warrants a permanent ban on the first offense

people here don't understand how likely it is for someone to return to hacking once they got unbanned, and if it was a closet cheater, chances are they'll just hack less blatantly

I agree with having sentinel bans lengthened as well as lengthening manual bans or making them permanent
also forgot to mention that a good chunk of leaderboard players are hackers

i don't think a 30 day ban is enough as a punishment tbh they'll just come back lmao

GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you for bringing up the issue regarding hackers and the current system of bans, particularly in relation to Sentinel

I fully agree with your suggestion as it's disheartening to see hackers receiving what essentially amounts to a slap on the wrist with 7-day bans, especially when solid evidence of their cheating is provided. It creates a sense of unfairness among legitimate players and it drives away new people. I find the discrepancy in ban lengths between sentinel and verified cheating bans quite concerning. A 7-day ban hardly serves as a deterrent for cheaters, it allows them to quickly regain access to their alternate accounts. While some may assume that hackers won't resort to their alternative accounts after a ban, we must acknowledge that unfortunately, this isn't always the case.

I support your suggestion of implementing stricter measures, such as permanently banning alt accounts associated with hacking offenses. This not only holds hackers more accountable for their actions but also sends a clear message that cheating will not be tolerated within the community.

I love you xx

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: asqsk and Matriox

cubelegit7621

Mar 19, 2024
Earth
take [removed] for example its made by a cheat developer called Lucky who made a cheat client and still does and its the best one out right now
Removing the mention of a certain anticheat to brainwash the cubecraft toddlers to believe there is nothing better than sentinel is goofy

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom