Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

superking100

Aug 4, 2023
There are 2 main things that need to be updated:

Currently many of the options for reporting players directly from Minecraft (I play Bedrock, although I imagine it is the same for Java) are focused on hacks, but there are many other reasons why a player can be reported, such as skybasing for example. Adding more options to report these players in-game should get rid of some of these, as going to the website and reporting them is almost completely impractical in-game.

For reporting on the website, I also feel that video evidence shouldn't be *required* (although it certainly should be recommended) to report someone. I am not saying that someone should be banned for one person saying so without evidence, but most players probably don't even have recording software to report with, nor a platform to post the video, making it really impractical. I feel that if multiple reports go on the same person, even without evidence, staff can investigate that person the next time they are online and ban them if they are cheating then (since it is unlikely that cheaters will only cheat once).

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Currently many of the options for reporting players directly from Minecraft (I play Bedrock, although I imagine it is the same for Java) are focused on hacks, but there are many other reasons why a player can be reported, such as skybasing for example. Adding more options to report these players in-game should get rid of some of these, as going to the website and reporting them is almost completely impractical in-game.
So, first of all, lets get to status quo. I can only tell what Java has, as I have no knowledge of Bedrock's in-game report system. Java has two report systems: /report and /sr (sentinel report). /sr is checked by a computer, which can therefore never check teaming, camping or whatsoever. This is why I will not go over that at all.

/report has 6 options to report for: speed, anti-kb, fly, killaura, name and skin. There are many more different hack clients that could've been mentioned, such as reach or bhopping, but I believe the possible cheats mentioned are the most common ones. If you believe someone is blatantly hacking, you can always report them under the name of something else, and staff will figure it out themselves. Name and skin are the only rule-breaking practices that are clear to check from a distance and can be verified for a 100% accuracy if the ban is correct or not. If someone is wearing a skin picturing H1tler (idk how forum moderation is im sorry), there is no denying this is against the rules.

The rule against skybasing for example, as mentioned by you, is not as easy to verify. There could be many ways, tactics or different situations in which a person would end up in a situation that would look like skybasing (or camping, or avoiding fights in lucky islands, teaming, etc). There is a lot of context needed for the situation, which cannot easily be checked after a game. Staff doesn't have the time to track each individual game that's going on, so for hacking, context is not required and it can be fixed within the matter of seconds. To not be as time consuming, I think it is better only to allow video reports on that, or having a staff member in your game coincidentally.

For reporting on the website, I also feel that video evidence shouldn't be *required* (although it certainly should be recommended) to report someone. I am not saying that someone should be banned for one person saying so without evidence, but most players probably don't even have recording software to report with, nor a platform to post the video, making it really impractical. I feel that if multiple reports go on the same person, even without evidence, staff can investigate that person the next time they are online and ban them if they are cheating then (since it is unlikely that cheaters will only cheat once).
"Hey guys, look at Superking100, I think he is quite annoying! lets photoshop a picture really quick to get him banned, as it doesn't matter whether there is video evidence or not. If we all report, they will have to accept it nonetheless!"

Sure, collecting video evidence might be inconvenient, this is true. However, it is the only way to justify bans or warnings in general. If you screenshot someone floating in the air because they just got punched of the island, it doesn't mean they use flying hacks. If someone is pictured right next to an enemy, it doesn't mean they are teaming by definition. A lot of rule-breaking offenses are easy to stage, let alone people that actually photoshop or falsify evidence via a different method. Video's go against that for by far the biggest part.

I don't think the inconvenience of gathering video evidence will weigh up to the massive issues removing it would bring, and therefore I disagree with your suggestion.

Tripleee

Feb 7, 2023
idk
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
"Hey guys, look at Superking100, I think he is quite annoying! lets photoshop a picture really quick to get him banned, as it doesn't matter whether there is video evidence or not. If we all report, they will have to accept it nonetheless!"

Sure, collecting video evidence might be inconvenient, this is true. However, it is the only way to justify bans or warnings in general. If you screenshot someone floating in the air because they just got punched of the island, it doesn't mean they use flying hacks. If someone is pictured right next to an enemy, it doesn't mean they are teaming by definition. A lot of rule-breaking offenses are easy to stage, let alone people that actually photoshop or falsify evidence via a different method. Video's go against that for gy far the biggest part.

I don't think the inconvenience of gathering video evidence will weigh up to the massive issues removing it would bring, and therefore I disagree with your suggestion.
I agree with your post however for most Mobile players unless you start screen recording before you start playing, you have to exit the game to start recording, which then means you can no longer record. I don’t have a solution for this but I do think the report system could use a slight rework.

superking100

Aug 4, 2023
So, first of all, lets get to status quo. I can only tell what Java has, as I have no knowledge of Bedrock's in-game report system. Java has two report systems: /report and /sr (sentinel report). /sr is checked by a computer, which can therefore never check teaming, camping or whatsoever. This is why I will not go over that at all.

/report has 6 options to report for: speed, anti-kb, fly, killaura, name and skin. There are many more different hack clients that could've been mentioned, such as reach or bhopping, but I believe the possible cheats mentioned are the most common ones. If you believe someone is blatantly hacking, you can always report them under the name of something else, and staff will figure it out themselves. Name and skin are the only rule-breaking practices that are clear to check from a distance and can be verified for a 100% accuracy if the ban is correct or not. If someone is wearing a skin picturing H1tler (idk how forum moderation is im sorry), there is no denying this is against the rules.

The rule against skybasing for example, as mentioned by you, is not as easy to verify. There could be many ways, tactics or different situations in which a person would end up in a situation that would look like skybasing (or camping, or avoiding fights in lucky islands, teaming, etc). There is a lot of context needed for the situation, which cannot easily be checked after a game. Staff doesn't have the time to track each individual game that's going on, so for hacking, context is not required and it can be fixed within the matter of seconds. To not be as time consuming, I think it is better only to allow video reports on that, or having a staff member in your game coincidentally.

Sure, collecting video evidence might be inconvenient, this is true. However, it is the only way to justify bans or warnings in general. If you screenshot someone floating in the air because they just got punched of the island, it doesn't mean they use flying hacks. If someone is pictured right next to an enemy, it doesn't mean they are teaming by definition. A lot of rule-breaking offenses are easy to stage, let alone people that actually photoshop or falsify evidence via a different method. Video's go against that for by far the biggest part.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I do disagree though:
For reporting in-game, it is up to the staff to decide what constitutes evidence or not. If I report someone for skybasing for example, obviously staff probably won't get to them that game, but they might see them skybasing on future games. Granted, they might not be skybasing on those games, and thus might get off free, but that is better than not being reported ever and getting off free every time unless someone goes through a very tedious process.

For reporting on the website, I agree that people may try to abuse it and give false evidence, but I think it is up to the staff to verify what counts as "good enough" evidence to ban someone. Currently "good enough" and "required" evidence are the same at video evidence. What I am suggesting is that people can report others, but staff will verify or get their own evidence before banning someone. So if a bunch of people report me with photo-shopped stuff, the staff might check me out a bit in-game, but they wouldn't ban me unless they actually had "good enough" evidence to ban me (video/in-game evidence that they took in this case).

Since I think that this could bring in a bunch of false reports, there could also be a system to punish players who make frivolous or malicious reports, although that is a separate topic I think.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom