Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

davidmagmc

Jun 14, 2023
still a better precautionary measure imo, and what i said is not just about the ban duration but also how appeals were handled and how knowledgeable the mods actually are
No not really. Also, there are ways to get infinite alts for free. Sentinel needs to be changed, not the bans.

Reactions: Matriox

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
No not really. Also, there are ways to get infinite alts for free. Sentinel needs to be changed, not the bans.
yeah sentinel needs an upgrade still

but it doesn't change the fact that there's so much closet cheaters around, and sentinel won't exactly be the solution/cure to this problem

davidmagmc

Jun 14, 2023

but it doesn't change the fact that there's so much closet cheaters around, and sentinel won't exactly be the solution/cure to this problem
I'll be real with you. With how easy it is to rage cheat, I highly doubt closet cheaters are that big of a problem at the moment. Especially since, you know, detecting and banning a closet cheater is always quite hard, even with proof submitted. Since it's actually quite easy to fake proof of someone cheating. A friend of mine did that once, and got a legit player banned.
Staff aren't nearly as reliable as you'd like them to be. This isn't to insult them or anything, just to clarify.

cubelegit7621

Mar 19, 2024
Earth

You sadly cannot get rid of closet cheaters fully
There will always be a triggerbot aim assist autoclicker auto speed bridge etc
even the top tier anticheats cannot fully get rid of them and due to new features like ping based reach its not gonna get any better altough that is possible to patch ofc

vS7lya

Jun 7, 2023
Saudi Arabia , Jeddah
Pronouns
He/Him
Stop allowing hackers get away with 7 day bans due to Sentinel banning first, if evidence is submitted to show they are hacking it should be used!

A Sentinel ban is less than 25% the length of a real cheating ban

Do not let hackers get back all their alts so fast! In fact I would go so far as to say these alt accounts should be permanently banned, if the player really made a "mistake" they can appeal to get their accounts unbanned after a few months

Something needs to be done on Java! starting with not allowing alts to be given back to hackers after just a week
I Totally Agree with with this , some people keep cheating even after getting banned and get banned by the anti cheat again for 7 days only

My Solution Idea for this problem is that they make Anti cheat second bans 30 days or above which going to make cheaters probably stop since thats a long period for going from 7 days to 30 days

I understand that the Sentinel false bans quite a lot and I am one of the people who got falsely banned , and for that solution i think cubecraft should add logs for what kind reason was the person banned by sentinel for , so cubecraft staff could know if the person is lying or not , or if they show a clip of them getting banned so the staff could see the player's perspective and clarify that the player got falsely banned.​

cubelegit7621

Mar 19, 2024
Earth
cubecraft should add logs for what kind reason was the person banned by sentinel for , so cubecraft staff could know if the person is lying or not , or if they show a clip of them getting banned so the staff could see the player's perspective and clarify that the player got falsely banned.​
mods wont and never will have sentinel logs access
Correction: they DO i just have dimentia :)

Last edited:

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
The exceptions are what this thread is aimed at, there's no point on allowing hackers who do reuse alts to be able to do so after 7 days

This isn't about people who are making mistakes though, it's about hackers (likely cheat client developers themselves) who will hack for fun, people who've been playing this cat and mouse game ever since Sentinel was a thing, they are not making mistakes, this is their game, and why they play Minecraft. I don't think these account should ever be able to be reused for hacking, even if some hackers don't reuse accounts, for those who do, I think permanently banning these account is warranted, or at least 30 day banning them

I think everyone here would disagree with a staff cheating ban being 7 days, because I was the exact same person 7 days ago as I am today, I was still complaining about things as usual, and wouldn't have ever changed in just a week.

And again, this thread is mainly aimed at these low level stone ranked account who are being used by cheaters to log on and get banned, not those people using closet hacks, maybe they've made a mistake, but I think everyone would still agree that 30 days is the right amount of time for those people to think about their mistake

I agree with all of this, thank you for bringing it up. Currently there is only half an anti-cheat developer (as in, they're not assigned 100% to the anti-cheat). This means that on Java, human moderation is the way to go. "Hire an anti-cheat developer" may be unrealistic due to budget reasons, or, as you have said, it takes time for a developer to become familiar with the systems Cubecraft uses.

This is why I would welcome the opening of Java helper applications again, the server needs more moderators moderating games actively as Sentinel isn't cutting it at the moment, and that's okay.

But when these new moderators are added I still do think that anyone getting a 7 day ban for hacking isn't learning from their mistakes, a 30 day ban is more realistically teaching people a lesson, and would make recycling of alt accounts harder.

For someone using closet hacks maybe, but for the account that this thread is aimed at, I am almost 100% certain this isn't the case. On top of that I'd encourage you to read my messages above to see why I would further disagree with you

I would appreciate you highlighting the reasons, yes.

Unfortunetly, I will worry, that's the way I am. I rejoined Cubecraft after a year or two a few weeks ago and came back to a server that was completely different, almost every game I went into there was a hacker. I am not just here to complain, as I know I am very much known for that 😆, but because I am genuinely concerned with the state of Java's cheat protections at the moment

Something needs to be done, in my opinion the measure include:
- More Java moderators (in progress)
- Being more harsh with accounts that use hack clients, especially those people who are using loads of alts
In this case, I suggest that they find a very strong solution to prevent people from bypassing after being banned. There are many servers that are very difficult to bypass. In the end, this is my opinion and I think that it is the best solution that can be implemented instead of your idea.

Thank you for reading. :D

cubelegit7621

Mar 19, 2024
Earth
In this case, I suggest that they find a very strong solution to prevent people from bypassing after being banned. There are many servers that are very difficult to bypass. In the end, this is my opinion and I think that it is the best solution that can be implemented instead of your idea.

Thank you for reading. :D
Cube does not have the knowledge to prevent people from bypassing Sentinel and bans and they do not accept outsiders help like @davidmagmc
Redned does also not have any clue how Anticheats work so sentinel sadly wont be improved in the near future
The best thing they could do is readd No Cheat Plus since Sentinel was made to run alongside that but it was removed in 2022 due to very bad decisions

Reactions: Matriox

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
The best thing they could do is readd No Cheat Plus since Sentinel was made to run alongside that but it was removed in 2022 due to very bad decisions
Would be appreciated if someone could reply to this from the moderation or dev team because Java is literally riddled with hackers at the moment, this needs to be addressed by staff. Would appreciate some transparency with this....

Loads of games were removed in the last year or two because slow starts to games would make people think the server is dead, and scare newer players off. I wonder what finding a hacker in every game is doing to this server.

vS7lya

Jun 7, 2023
Saudi Arabia , Jeddah
Pronouns
He/Him
mods wont and never will have sentinel logs access
Correction: they DO i just have dimentia :)

Would be appreciated if someone could reply to this from the moderation or dev team because Java is literally riddled with hackers at the moment, this needs to be addressed by staff. Would appreciate some transparency with this....

Loads of games were removed in the last year or two because slow starts to games would make people think the server is dead, and scare newer players off. I wonder what finding a hacker in every game is doing to this server.

I Completely agree with this i once tried java 2-3 years ago and i found cubecraft java much more fun than bedrock , it had more games , a good player count , less cheaters unlike now , today is just the complete opposite of what i just said.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I only have a problem that Cubecraft doesn't look at the reports on time before they are banned by auto-detect
I don't mind how they get banned, whether it be by Sentinel, an in-game report, or a forums/website report. But 7 day bans for hackers is just not enough. To think those accounts can be reused after just 7 days is wrong... Permanent bans for these accounts, which are so cheap, should be in place really. If someone really just made a mistake they always have the option of appealing after a month or two to get their accounts unabnned, as do all permanently banned players for all offences.

Reactions: GiGaGekkies
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Top Bottom