Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

PocketSable

Feb 15, 2017
With the Minecraft Partnership has come a massive increase in Hackers. While i've been doing my best to record and report them, it seems really pointless lately as either the player has been banned (I played against someone that was banned four days ago with appeal denied but somehow was still playing on the server) or the report was denied with a generic "not enough evidence" message. While it's clear to me it's a hack, for example when someone happens to crit 100% of the time while standing still and spamming their weapon or when someone happens to not fall when the block under them is broken, apparently this isn't considered hacking or at least "not enough evidence". And considering how ridiculously long it takes to go through the whole process of reporting them, it's frustrating to me that there is no clear "this is correct" and "this is not correct" method of reporting.

What i'm stating is:
1) Have examples. Show EXACTLY what you need in a video in order for it to be considered "enough" evidence. Is there a time limit, meaning is 30 seconds enough or does it need to be longer? Do you have to have video with the person directly in the center of the screen? Does it just need to be a 1v1 with the hacker in question?
2) Explain what kind of hacks are considered hacks. Auto-Switch, while in a hack client, isn't considered a hack. Which is fine, but i'd like to have known that before taking the time to report someone with it.
3) Have a universal set level of evidence between Moderators. It seems like lately, whether the hack report will be accepted depends on the moderator who sees it.
4) Have a time limit on reports- Somehow four of my reports will get looked at/closed but two or three will remain open for four or five days.
5) Don't rely on Sentinel. Don't get me wrong- Sentinel has been a great anti-cheat. But the fact is, it can't keep up with the constantly updating hack clients. And with the Minecraft Partnership, this is going to get worse. A lot worse. The newest "popular" hack- That being Auto-Crit- seems to have not been picked up by Sentinel yet.
6) Have more moderators watching games or more moderators in general. I've only ever seen a moderator on once and they were in a game. With the increase in players, this is going to be mandatory.

Listen, I really enjoy playing Eggwars, but quite honestly, if the amount of hackers per game keeps up, I think a lot of people (myself included) will stop playing. I played 10 games yesterday, all of them had at least one hacker in it. In fact, my friend and I made a joke out of betting which player was the hacker. Most with Auto-Crit, Kill Aura or Anti-KB. And it's ridiculously hard to have to beat a hacker once they target you. Dont let your server get ruined by people who dont want to play the game legitimately.

Last edited:

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
1) Have examples. Show EXACTLY what you need in a video in order for it to be considered "enough" evidence. Is there a time limit? Do you have to have video with the person directly in the center of the screen? Does it just need to be a 1v1 with the hacker in question?
The time limit is already stated to be 5 minutes :p
Orientation of the hacker was never a problem for me and I have had reports with them on the side. As long as you can see them that should be fine.
Teams sometimes help to detect hackers and sometimes they just completely block your view. The problem with setting guidelines for a report is that there are tons of different hacks out there and everything changes depending on the terrain, how effective the hacker's hack is, and exactly what version of that hack they are using.

Just keep looking at the player and make sure they get more than 2 hits. The only reports I have had denied for "not enough evidence" were when I turned away from the hacker to run in the video.

2) Explain what kind of hacks are considered hacks. Auto-Switch, while in a hack client, isn't considered a hack. Which is fine, but i'd like to have known that before taking the time to report someone with it.
I have never seen a hack client with something called "Auto-Switch" in it. If it is a thing I bet its very hard to prove so it won't be banned. If I report someone for chestESP they will not be banned because any legit player can easily look like they have chestESP. Things like movement hacks and the various auras that you can actually see and can't be pulled off by legit players are the only hacks that can get someone banned.

3) Have a universal set level of evidence between Moderators. It seems like lately, whether the hack report will be accepted depends on the moderator who sees it.
Some moderators are better at PvP than others, some just know the extents that a legit player can go to better, and some are just more cautious about using there powers. I don't think you can project the one person's experience into all the staff team.

4) Have a time limit on reports- Somehow four of my reports will get looked at/closed but two or three will remain open for four or five days.
I don't mind reports getting answered faster but having times limits on reports just puts unnecessary stress on the staff team. Most of the reports are false or going to be handled by sentinel anyway.

5) Don't rely on Sentinel.
I can't really disagree with this point :p

6) Have more moderators watching games or more moderators in general. I've only ever seen a moderator on once and they were in a game. With the increase in players, this is going to be mandatory.
I really don't like the idea of adding more and more staff. The more staff the more likely one is going to a use their powers or falsely punish players. I'm actually fine with the current staff team as is. Unless you are talking about 1.8 the amount of hackers has certainly gone down and not up. I used to see one every game and now I just see one once a day. I feel like people are just calling skilled players out for hacks more and more as 1.9 gets older and players get even better.

B

Britney Spears

With the Minecraft Partnership has come a massive increase in Hackers.

They've been here since day one, nothing to do with the minecraft partnership :")

I have to agree on this, the rules are not even close to clear, everyone handles things differently and when you ask for clarification of the rules or when you ask to get a certain rule added the response you'll get will be "ask someone else" or "ask x to do x", while you went to that specific admin to get an answer.. oh well, that's CubeCraft for ya.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Show EXACTLY what you need in a video in order for it to be considered "enough" evidence.
clear evidence that isn't so laggy that they can't tell if it is hacks or just lag
Is there a time limit?
it has been stated that evidence can't be longer than 5 minutes that way you aren't just going to be watching for an hour because you were never told when it was
Do you have to have video with the person directly in the center of the screen?
no, Why would staff even need to say that? it is a fairly straight forward process why would that be the case
Does it just need to be a 1v1 with the hacker in question?
again common logic No seeing someone doesn't mean you have to be fighting them
for example if there is someone fly hacking it is obvious they are flying no doubt about that why would you even have to be alive and not in spectator
this is stuff anybody can figure out on their own
any kind of hack even if it isn't technically considered a hack it is still an illegal modification which counts
also Auto-switch may not technically be considered a hack but it is still nonetheless what would be defined as a hack in Cubes eyes (Since it still is an illegal modification)
that is because people have different perspectives I reported a player the other day for having an inappropriate name (we will just refer to this player as person A) it was however denied due to it "not being worthy of a ban" (Which confuses me on how it is okay to have this as your name yet not be able to say it) however on a different report for the same offence (this person will be called Person B) which had a word that was literally just the opposite of the word the Person A's name and though just having the opposite of person A's name in theirs it was accepted
Now the report for person A was seen by a different staff member than person B's was
Perspective matters and there is no way to change it
okay 1 staff members have lives and other things they need to do and 2 it isn't like staff can chose which reports they see
5) Don't rely on Sentinel. Don't get me wrong- Sentinel has been a great anti-cheat. But the fact is, it can't keep up with the constantly updating hack clients. And with the Minecraft Partnership, this is going to get worse. A lot worse. The newest "popular" hack- That being Auto-Crit- seems to have not been picked up by Sentinel yet.
well gee you think it is flawless yet? no it isn't
also no staff members rely on Sentinel only they do reports dang it
again Humans not robots they can't just be everywhere
here is an idea report them

Here I am gonna let you in on a little secret with 3 links I know
Reports: https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
Reporting information: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/player-reporting-guidelines-and-formating.136047/
Helper applications: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-applications-open.139999/#post-823327

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
With the Minecraft Partnership has come a massive increase in Hackers. While i've been doing my best to record and report them, it seems really pointless lately as either the player has been banned (I played against someone that was banned four days ago with appeal denied but somehow was still playing on the server) or the report was denied with a generic "not enough evidence" message. While it's clear to me it's a hack, for example when someone happens to crit 100% of the time while standing still and spamming their weapon or when someone happens to not fall when the block under them is broken, apparently this isn't considered hacking or at least "not enough evidence". And considering how ridiculously long it takes to go through the whole process of reporting them, it's frustrating to me that there is no clear "this is correct" and "this is not correct" method of reporting.

What i'm stating is:
1) Have examples. Show EXACTLY what you need in a video in order for it to be considered "enough" evidence. Is there a time limit? Do you have to have video with the person directly in the center of the screen? Does it just need to be a 1v1 with the hacker in question?

Listen, I really enjoy playing Eggwars, but quite honestly, if the amount of hackers per game keeps up, I think a lot of people (myself included) will stop playing. I played 10 games yesterday, all of them had at least one hacker in it. In fact, my friend and I made a joke out of betting which player was the hacker. Most with Auto-Crit, Kill Aura or Anti-KB. And it's ridiculously hard to have to beat a hacker once they target you. Dont let your server get ruined by people who dont want to play the game legitimately.
1) Different scenarios will be different. Like if I'm with friends I can get a better view of hacks if I can record the hacker fighting my friends instead of me.
2) There is a list somewhere of what is allowed.
3) I don't file that many reports, but all of mine have been accepted because I only file obvious cheaters.
4) It depends on a lot of factors, how many reports are being filed, how many staff are on, etc I'm sure it varies.
5) Auto-crit has been a thing for a while
6) Getting new mods isn't easy because cubecraft uses a quality>quantity approach

I think you've had bad luck with hackers, I'm far from seeing a hacker in every game lately.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Reesle wrote on human being's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈 🧁
… and congrats on 450 messages!
Top Bottom