Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Question: why isn't reach a report reason

Answer by our our lovely Anol from Cubebot and inputs from 2 moderators eli and kloska:
1712181796629.png

^ solution: if someone is really reaching just /sr them for anything(ka, bhop) and if enough people report them then it'll be looked at by staff most likely

Most hackers will have a few modules on at the same time I would imagine, like kill aura and reach, so just report for kill aura. If you're wanting reach as a report reason for people who make their hacks unobvious then it's best to gather evidence and report this on the forums as it's unlikely the required amount of /sr's will be reached for these kinds of hackers. It's always nice to have evidence of these kinds of hackers too so mods are covered for any appeals and can look at the evidence multiple times and get opinions

Dec 19, 2023
yami food empire
Question: why isn't reach a report reason

Answer by our our lovely Anol from Cubebot and inputs from 2 moderators eli and kloska:
View attachment 229375
^ solution: if someone is really reaching just /sr them for anything(ka, bhop) and if enough people report them then it'll be looked at by staff most likely

Most hackers will have a few modules on at the same time I would imagine, like kill aura and reach, so just report for kill aura. If you're wanting reach as a report reason for people who make their hacks unobvious then it's best to gather evidence and report this on the forums as it's unlikely the required amount of /sr's will be reached for these kinds of hackers. It's always nice to have evidence of these kinds of hackers too so mods are covered for any appeals and can look at the evidence multiple times and get opinions
since this is already the case, you can simply remove all the reasons and leave just a "report on the player for cheats"
-___________-

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
since this is already the case, you can simply remove all the reasons and leave just a "report on the player for cheats"
-___________-
Not really, the ideal is for the person to be reported for the right thing. It's just in this case they don't want people reporting for reach as it's mistaken for lag or a combo too much. Good players could notice it though which is why I said this. But again it's best if you just report these guys on the forums though as it's nicer to have evidence of people using unobvious hacks. If someone is using kill aura or fly then you would obviously report for that

Reactions: Eli and Desiderata

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
-___________-
Your logic is reasonable. But honestly I don't think selecting the "correct" type of hack helps Moderators much, because they still check every case objectively and look out for ANY abnormal behaviour, not just the specific type of hack that the report was made for.

Now, one could argue it does help Mods narrow down the things they should be looking out for, and yup, for sure. But the average player's ability to accurately detect whether someone has reach hacks or not is pretty insufficient, I'd say it's one of the things Helpers struggle the most when training, because, as the screenshot provided by @Matriox stated, it can easily be confused with either lag or a combo, depends on the version of Minecraft.

So when you place on a scale the player's necessity of selecting the correct type of hack in their in-game reports vs. the necessity to reduce false reports (likely caused by misinterpreting lag, or combos), reducing false reports is evidently more important.

Now, does this affect someone like you, if you consider yourself knowledgeable enough to accurately detect reach? Not really, if you're confident just use another report option, it'll still be looked at. What removing the reach option does however, is protecting the report system from people who do NOT know how to accurately detect reach, in some cases if they don't see an option for reach, they just won't report it, helping ease the flow of in-game reports and allowing Moderators to divert their efforts into more things!

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
make reason "Reach" for /sr report in game on bedrock

there are a lot of reports coming to reach, but players can't quickly report on reach

that why - .- /

also good if u add other reasons when u report some1 using /sr report

maybe fast eating (when player run and eat without stop running)
I all my life i paly it on cubecraft and sow hackers i didn't see thing like fats eating it cant be possible

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Eli wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom