Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ObsessiveBf

Mar 2, 2024
Java applications need to see the light of day again, it has been a long time since they've made a comeback. The low amount of moderators leads to slow responses and delayed measures against cheaters. While Sentinel exists for this purpose, it should not serve as the first line of defense. It's the moderators who are meant to play this role. From what I've seen in other forum posts, there have been complaints about the slow handling of /sr and reports submitted through the website. even when players take the time to record evidence of cheating and upload it to YouTube and the report site, the response times are still slow.

I believe Sentinel is under continuous improvement and should ideally function as an alert system for moderators to monitor suspicious players more closely. However the root of the problem lies in the insufficient number of moderators, which is why reinstating applications could be a significant step forward.

This post has been made to gather opinions from other players and staff. Thank you for reading.

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
Java applications need to see the light of day again, it has been a long time since they've made a comeback. The low amount of moderators leads to slow responses and delayed measures against cheaters. While Sentinel exists for this purpose, it should not serve as the first line of defense. It's the moderators who are meant to play this role. From what I've seen in other forum posts, there have been complaints about the slow handling of /sr and reports submitted through the website. even when players take the time to record evidence of cheating and upload it to YouTube and the report site, the response times are still slow.

I believe Sentinel is under continuous improvement and should ideally function as an alert system for moderators to monitor suspicious players more closely. However the root of the problem lies in the insufficient number of moderators, which is why reinstating applications could be a significant step forward.

This post has been made to gather opinions from other players and staff. Thank you for reading.
really we need a good anticheat :(

Reactions: JellyFish01

xSchulzis

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Feb 18, 2024
Chile
Pronouns
She/Her
It would be great if Java applications came back, I think Java needs more moderators

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

I’m not apart of the dev team, but I have been apart of many groups where recruiting can come into play.

To start off I’d like to say moderation is very difficult. If I looked for a moderator I’d ask if I can trust them, count on them, and rely on them.

The insufficient numbers of moderators is caused by those limiting factors and the time it takes to train, training is extremely important and time consuming which limits the rate of moderators that can be added.

I hope this helps even though I’m not a staff member

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Usually reports are handled later of the day, because if I'm not completely wrong, all of the moderators on Cubecraft Java are from the continent of Europe. Moderators and helpers are not paid, so this means they still have to go to school or work outside of Cubecraft too. This is the reason why sometimes reports take long to be handled, because moderators can't check Java reports when they are still in school or working. This is the reason why I think that recruiting new helpers and moderators would not help to make handling reports any faster, except if they are from other side of the world.

• Heart
Reactions: Aratic

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I would say this decision would probably be internal rather than from a community suggestion.

Seen as there's a much lower player count now there would be no point in having loads of moderators as they'd probably be stuck for things to do. If they haven't reopened applications I'm sure that's an indication that they're doing alright and don't need help on Java right now

The only thing I'd suggest is adding back regional applications, so that a few NA/SA mods could be used for those EU nighttime hours, though there's probably a reason this hasn't already been implemented.

• Agree
Reactions: Loskol
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom