Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which of these suggestions would you like implemented?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Introduction: Lucky islands is the 4th most popular game, on Cubecraft Bedrock. Yet it still feels unpolished, and like it could use a little bit of love. So here are some suggestions I'm compiled, about how to improve it.

The loot table: The loot table for lucky islands is... strange. It contains irregularities such as; Armor stands with armor, Hay bales, lava, barely any blocks and much more. The loot you get is bad, and fairly unbalanced. My suggestion to fix this, would be a new loot table. Which could contain.

More practical armor: Armor is weird in lucky islands, someone will exit their island full chain. And another person with leather boots. I know lucky islands is luck based, but this is a bit too lucky. And also just drop the armor from the lucky block, don't spawn an armor stand.

More practical food: Food is weird in lucky islands too. It's too varied and too... odd. I suggest only a few different types of food, should be in the game(for normal at least). Which is carrots, steak, cake and gapples.

Slightly better loot: In lucky islands, loot overall is a bit bad. Like you might get a golden sword, or only half leather armor in normal. So overall, loot should be more chain/stone and iron.

Starting island loot: Also, I believe that every starting island. Should give at least, some of these four from lucky block drops; a weapon, some armor, some food and some blocks.

Wands, bows and special items: I honestly really love the wands and bows, they're pretty good currently. Exept maybe a small nerf to the auto bow.

Duos: The addition of duos would be great for Lucky islands. Its been one of main things it's been lacking, for so long. I don't have much to say here about duos. Exept for it would be a great addition.

Maps: Overall, the maps for Lucky islands are great. Even if there are few of them. Although, there is one thing I have to say here.

The solo map Vortex, needs a large revamp. There a many things wrong with it. Like how close mid is to the starting islands. Or where the lucky blocks are. And the shape and size of the map. But overall, it just needs a large revamp.

Kits and armoury: Lucky islands has a weird situation with kits. First of all, the armoury update never came to it. So you have to select your kit every game.

Then there's the kits themselves, they're quite strange. Like how with builder kit the chestplate isnt already equipped, when you start the game. And also healer is really op, potions and gapples?

Summary: Lucky islands is a great game. But it needs some loot changes, kit balancing, map reworks and duos.

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
Well yes I agree having duos, and the new kit system, I already suggested it twice.
The kits should not be changed at any way, the healer kit has 3 drinkable potions not splashed, and only 1 gab, what can make is worse? If you're gonna say it's "op" then no.

Vortex map... It's neat and good. No arguments about it, except they increase the Lucky Blocks per island per 2.
It's as every map, it's a bit similar to Food map which has the same shape: a bit close islands to middle & no submidle.
Increasing the blocks, yes, changing the map, no.

Loots are fine :/ you can't play an oversimplified game! It's based luck not skywars where you get limited amount of loot. So ❌

So generally, yes for duos, yes for just adding 2 additional lucky blocks on vortex's island.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
You can say you want the game eaiser, basically you're telling me: I want the game easier but in an indirect way.
You can't make all games easy! I told you what I agree on only
We've discussed this topic before, let's leave it at that.

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
We've discussed this topic before, let's leave it at that.
Take it or leave it

Lucky Islands got its update and it doesn't need any other one, why didn't you complain about Food map? It's close to middle & there's no submidle making the game more interesting than sweaty.
In Vortex if you got the luck at an angle you will suffer from bridging consuming all you blocks to go safe. But from the bright side you aren't supposed to build another bridge where you might run out of blocks

• Disagree

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
The whole point of lucky islands is that the entire game is based on luck. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. The loot table is not "broken" it is simply just random. You make use of what you have and learn to play with that. You might not think it's fair because sometimes you don't have good luck, but that's how it works and if you don't like it then clearly luck based games are not your cup of tea, but that does not mean the entire appeal of the game should be changed.

As for the rest, I'd be happy with duos and potential map changes if they really are unbalanced , but I'm not familiar with most of the maps so I'm not going to comment properly on that part at least.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
The whole point of lucky islands is that the entire game is based on luck. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. The loot table is not "broken" it is simply just random. You make use of what you have and learn to play with that. You might not think it's fair because sometimes you don't have good luck, but that's how it works and if you don't like it then clearly luck based games are not your cup of tea, but that does not mean the entire appeal of the game should be changed.

As for the rest, I'd be happy with duos and potential map changes if they really are unbalanced , but I'm not familiar with most of the maps so I'm not going to comment properly on that part at least.
Yes, but it is far too random. Lucky Islands being random is great. But then look at Hive Lucky Ore Skywars. It is a luck based gamemode, but it isn't too random. That's the amounts of random that should be in Lucky Islands.

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, but it is far too random. Lucky Islands being random is great. But then look at Hive Lucky Ore Skywars. It is a luck based gamemode, but it isn't too random. That's the amounts of random that should be in Lucky Islands.
This is CubeCraft, we don't care about The Hive and we won't have any relationship between them.

Ore blocks are in Skywars where you don't need food, potions or magical items.
The point of lucky islands is as @KitsuneToru said is based out of luck, it's random enough I don't understand why you need more random, I get everything, (swords, food, blocks) without voting to any gamemode.

Each map has a point, ruins for example is to craft from diamond blocks, vortex has that kind of maps where you don't fall easily (each side of mid has a second part where it would help you sometimes to not directly fall), inflammable blocks (prisamine and glass can't be burned)

So, lucky islands doesn't need anything at all, let them focus on releasing new maps, minigames and fixing the bugs y'all complain insanely about instead of "fixing" or "revamping" maps and items in Lucky Islands

• Disagree

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
This is CubeCraft, we don't care about The Hive and we won't have any relationship between them.

Ore blocks are in Skywars where you don't need food, potions or magical items.
The point of lucky islands is as @KitsuneToru said is based out of luck, it's random enough I don't understand why you need more random, I get everything, (swords, food, blocks) without voting to any gamemode.

Each map has a point, ruins for example is to craft from diamond blocks, vortex has that kind of maps where you don't fall easily (each side of mid has a second part where it would help you sometimes to not directly fall), inflammable blocks (prisamine and glass can't be burned)

So, lucky islands doesn't need anything at all, let them focus on releasing new maps, minigames and fixing the bugs y'all complain insanely about instead of "fixing" or "revamping" maps and items in Lucky Islands
This type of gamemode removes any aspect of skill. And is badly designed, it will eventually die. As everyone will get bored of it, and move on to other gamemodes. Such as eggwars, skywars or even to a different server.

• Disagree
Reactions: Snowwyyy

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
This type of gamemode removes any aspect of skill. And is badly designed, it will eventually die. As everyone will get bored of it, and move on to other gamemodes. Such as eggwars, skywars or even to a different server.
The game requires skill to use the objects that you obtained thanks to your luck, that's what Lucky Islands is about, using special bows, wands, etc, if we all had the same loot it would be basically skywars.
And I don't think it's going to die as it's always been very popular on Java, they just need to port more loot from Java to Bedrock, that's it.

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
Eggwars: same rythme, limited items
Skywars: same ^
Blockwars: same ^^
All games: same ^^^

Lucky Islands: different wands magical bows, different swords, animals, I don't know what else you want
The game isn't boring and it's not getting boring dude, if you're bored other people aren't, all maps are fine, all items are perfect, there's nothing missing at all
Like ok for duos, but no for revamping maps, or adding more stuff.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
The game requires skill to use the objects that you obtained thanks to your luck, that's what Lucky Islands is about, using special bows, wands, etc, if we all had the same loot it would be basically skywars.
And I don't think it's going to die as it's always been very popular on Java, they just need to port more loot from Java to Bedrock, that's it.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying remove the luck. I'm saying give everyone a fighting chance. Everyone should get basic gear from their island. Retaining the luck aspect, but making it more skill based.

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
That's not what I'm saying. I'm not saying remove the luck. I'm saying give everyone a fighting chance. Everyone should get basic gear from their island. Retaining the luck aspect, but making it more skill based.
Just see what Camezonda said
6C673D0A-297D-4CA5-A125-C824418F28DE.jpeg
I have won many, many games without having armor, because the skill that is required in Lucky Islands is not just melee fighting, there are many special items that is what makes lucky islands fun and if you want to have the possibility to have armor at the beginning you can choose the kit of the blocks and go fast to the middle, if you are lucky you will get armor, and if not, use your skills to win in differents ways!

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
To my taste, I think Lucky Islands is perfectly fine as it is right now. Maybe they can change some small things, but I don't think Lucky Islands needs a big change.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Top Bottom