Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
I feel like closing off a post after 2 weeks is too short. Sometimes issues or ideas stay relevant for weeks or even months, but if there's a lapse in posting on it then it winds up with no one able to post on it. So my idea is to increase it to a month. It won't solve the problem entirely (the only way to do that is to remove it entirely, and that would mean it wouldn't serve it's original purpose), but it would certainly help. And you should really create a system that automatically locks threads after that time passes, it's too much of a hassle to check the date on the last post every time I want to. Auto locking would also completely eliminate necroposting, because 99.999999999999999999% of necroposts are accidental.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
2 weeks since the last post is way longer then necessary
Also auto locking is quite a debatable topic as previous threads have shown
However not all things are necroposts
Some threads cannot be necroposted on

Reactions: Priley

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere

Ishallkillyou

Feb 23, 2018
transylvania
I feel like closing off a post after 2 weeks is too short. Sometimes issues or ideas stay relevant for weeks or even months, but if there's a lapse in posting on it then it winds up with no one able to post on it. So my idea is to increase it to a month. It won't solve the problem entirely (the only way to do that is to remove it entirely, and that would mean it wouldn't serve it's original purpose), but it would certainly help. And you should really create a system that automatically locks threads after that time passes, it's too much of a hassle to check the date on the last post every time I want to. Auto locking would also completely eliminate necroposting, because 99.999999999999999999% of necroposts are accidental.
With the amount of new posts everyday,old posts get lost in the sea of posts.it is irrelevant for the server to keep track of them all and hence closing them is the only feasible option that can be employed.also the interest in old posts greatly diminishes if it's not an escalated post when renders the Post dry but still consumes the servers resources.i hope this reasoning helps @Nevermind3476

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
It has to stay 2 weeks. But if it is a imporant topic that is still relavant they shouldnt lock it.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Instead of a locking the thread, just add a warning message, like Spigot forums and Hypixel do

Twe weeks after the last lost is a lot of time, if no one has posted during that time, means that there’s lack of interest. If you have a great idea, you can always create a new thread

D

Deleted member 352903

I like it how it is. 2 weeks is long time.
Some people necro-post on three weeks old threads, some people necro-post on 2014 threads. No need to change it.

“Hey, people necro-post on 3 weeks old threads. Let’s change the limit to 3 weeks!”
After some time:
“Hey, actually, users also necro-post on 4 weeks old threads. Let’s change it again.”
Etc.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
News can’t be locked for necroposting already
Um... that's what I was saying...
Maybe, instead of this, allow the thread owner to bump it one time after 2 weeks as long as the last reply wasn't before 6 months ago.
That could work...
Instead of a locking the thread, just add a warning message, like Spigot forums and Hypixel do

Twe weeks after the last lost is a lot of time, if no one has posted during that time, means that there’s lack of interest. If you have a great idea, you can always create a new thread
The warning message is a great idea, but even though creating a new thread is an option, it takes up more space on their servers. So by increasing the necropost limit to, maybe 3 weeks (since nobody seems to agree with 4), they might actually save space in threads created as responses to outdated threads. I don;t know how many of those there are though, it might not do anything.

And the main reason I suggested this is because on the forums for less popular or updated games like TD, threads don't get a lot of attention in two weeks, or stay relevant and/or at the top of the list for longer then maybe a build or an eggwars thread.

D

Deleted member 169486

2 weeks is a good time for some threads, like support requests and that, but for some suggestions it can be heavily debated topic for a bit, but then it gets buried and then someone revives it, only for it to be locked. Then people make a new thread, no one has motivation to find the old thread and copy paste their reply, ideas get lost, its impossible to find a good idea someone had. Repeat.

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
2 weeks is a good time for some threads, like support requests and that, but for some suggestions it can be heavily debated topic for a bit, but then it gets buried and then someone revives it, only for it to be locked. Then people make a new thread, no one has motivation to find the old thread and copy paste their reply, ideas get lost, its impossible to find a good idea someone had. Repeat.
Exactly. That's the kind of thing I'm trying to prevent.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Top Bottom