Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which idea do you like?

• Total voters

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Hello people of the forums its me again.
So as my title says I am suggesting some features for things around the server. First I will start with the lobby.

Lobby suggestions:

Elytra course: So we have switched to 1.9 but very little games and or lobby activities use the Elytra to its fullest extent. So what better way to do this than make an elytra course in the lobby. This would be fun to have and the lobby is very bland at the moment so adding a few more activities would make the lobby more fun to make.

Lobby games: A lot of people will say this is unnecessary but the lobby has a lot of potential and can be something more than just a place where players stay temporarily. Games like King of the ladder or an archery range. Anything to make the lobby a less boring place would be good.

Forums/website suggestions:

Allow people with ranks or no ranks to display their names and ranks.

Stats sharing website, this is simple make a website where people can see their stats and their position on the overall leaderboard of a game.

A better design for the forums. Right now the forums are a bit to bland, adding some sort of design in the back round would be good for all of us.

A new tab that shows all the games that are on the server and explains them in great detail. This would help new players learn games quicker.

Special game feedback sections on the forums. I understand we have suggestions but they rarely get addressed by the content team. So why not make a special feedback section on the forums where the content team can communicate with players and this will make the game enjoyable for the community in general.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Voted all of them. Cubecraft is outdated. I definitely think they should catch up with most server's forums.
Besides Elytra course doesn't sound half bad. I believe @TheJeroen already made one on FreeBuild. Possibly tweaking that one a bit could work.
Or making a whole new one is also a possibility.
Cubecrafts website is very outdated, if you compare it to websites of other servers. Its time for the server to change for the better.

Reactions: The_Pinkcraft_mc

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Great ideas. Nice thread. Hope these get added +1.

Lobby games: A lot of people will say this is unnecessary but the lobby has a lot of potential and can be something more than just a place where players stay temporarily. Games like King of the ladder or an archery range. Anything to make the lobby a less boring place would be good.
I like this one the most ^^.

D

Deleted member 169486

@MajesticMark Care to explain why you voted no?

Elytra course: So we have switched to 1.9 but very little games and or lobby activities use the Elytra to its fullest extent. So what better way to do this than make an elytra course in the lobby. This would be fun to have and the lobby is very bland at the moment so adding a few more activities would make the lobby more fun to make.
Would it be like holes and obsticals you need to get around? If so, I completely support this.

Maybe put that in the hub? The hub is a great place but really only gets explored during Easter/Halloween.

Someone said in the past that having ranks shown may make people take their opinion over other players, as well as make the forums kinda cluttered, so I think people should just put it in their signature like usual.

A better design for the forums. Right now the forums are a bit to bland, adding some sort of design in the back round would be good for all of us.
A whole forums overhaul was apparently in the works but we haven't heard anything on it, like about everything else we want.

A new tab that shows all the games that are on the server and explains them in great detail. This would help new players learn games quicker.
I suggested an area for guides and information pages to be posted in, so I think this would just go in there, instead of being a whole new page.

I understand we have suggestions but they rarely get addressed by the content team.
This is a little off topic from the thread, but this is a huge issue. Two big suggestions currently are a command to rejoin games, and to report, but neither of them have been commented on. Before emerald generators were brought out, people suggested them over and over, and nothing we said about them until it was released. The same thing happened with Speed Eggwars.

Special game feedback sections on the forums. I understand we have suggestions but they rarely get addressed by the content team. So why not make a special feedback section on the forums where the content team can communicate with players and this will make the game enjoyable for the community in general.
Do the forums for each section not work for this? How would this be different from the suggestions forum?

Reactions: MimicPanda

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
I like all your forums suggestions but the lobby
@MajesticMark Care to explain why you voted no?

Would it be like holes and obsticals you need to get around? If so, I completely support this.

Maybe put that in the hub? The hub is a great place but really only gets explored during Easter/Halloween.

Someone said in the past that having ranks shown may make people take their opinion over other players, as well as make the forums kinda cluttered, so I think people should just put it in their signature like usual.

A whole forums overhaul was apparently in the works but we haven't heard anything on it, like about everything else we want.

I suggested an area for guides and information pages to be posted in, so I think this would just go in there, instead of being a whole new page.

This is a little off topic from the thread, but this is a huge issue. Two big suggestions currently are a command to rejoin games, and to report, but neither of them have been commented on. Before emerald generators were brought out, people suggested them over and over, and nothing we said about them until it was released. The same thing happened with Speed Eggwars.

Do the forums for each section not work for this? How would this be different from the suggestions forum?
What? I never said anything on this thread, and why are you tagging me?

Ayroh

&
  • I can see where you're coming from with this idea, but don't really know if it's completely necessary. We already have vortex parkour and parkour, I think that's enough to keep us occupied whilst hanging about in the lobby. Who really comes to this server just to hang out in the lobby? Either a player will join and go straight for the game boards, be hanging about the lobby 1/2 paying attention to what they're actually doing because they're not fully paying attention to the game, or be AFK (in which they'll not even be participating in the other mini games the lobby has to offer.

• I like this suggestion, but don't we already do this in our signatures?

Stats sharing website, this is simple make a website where people can see their stats and their position on the overall leaderboard of a game.
  • Now this, this is actually a suggestion that I'm really for! I do like the thought of this, and think it'd be a really cool feature if it's not too much work to incorporate. +1

• I don't know if this is completely necessary. It might just my opinion, but I really think the server looks clean as it is. However, I also was one to think that the forums looked overwhelming, hence why I didn't get into them sooner.

• I agree that this would be very helpful for new players and would like to see this one day. +1

• I like how you'd like for the content team to engage more with the community. However, I just feel like content team already views all the suggestions and do a lot to keep the server fresh.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Quality suggestion right here...
Although doubt it will get added because none of these brilliant suggestions ever do.

I do really hope this one does though, a lot of great ideas listed here ;)

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
@AnonymousVoter The Elytra course will have obstacles and holes to get through. I also agree with the fact that quality suggestions never get any reply from the content team. As for how the special feedback section would work. The special feedback area is a place where only the content team can create threads, this is to make it less chaotic. These threads can be replied to by players and unlike suggestions the management can read these ideas with ease and can reply to them quicker. It would basically be a place where any suggestion posted can be read easily by management.
Will reply to more comments later.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello people of the forums its me again.
So as my title says I am suggesting some features for things around the server. First I will start with the lobby.

Lobby suggestions:

Forums/website suggestions:

I REALLY like your idea about elytra's!
This would be great, it's so much better than parkour!

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Mm Great suggestion overall I'm all for redesigning the website and @RaginC this website is getting a bit old tbh.

More games/things to do in a lobby would be great for people whom just want to hangout in lobbies

Stats sharing needs to be implemented soon, shouldn't be that hard(idk)

Showing the games in detail on forums is a good idea as in game INFO board doesn't cover everything!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on DonovanSus's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
Livvv wrote on Vunks's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^