Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What links should be unblocked?

• Total voters

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hey everyone!
Chat filter as it's now is okay! "l" and "f" are finally allowed to say.
Besides that, certain web links are still blocked.
I do agree that most of the web links should stay blocked, but some links shouldn't in my opinion!

I listed some of the most common ones! I listed them from most important to least important

- namemc.com

A site to view someone Minecraft account's statistics. Used to view name history and to download someone their skin.
Also very useful to view someone's cape.

- imgur.com
A site where you're able to share photos. Builders use this a lot to show their portfolio.
- gyazo.com
Screenshot something, gyazo will instantly create a weblink where you can view the screenshot
- strawpoll.me
Used to create an online poll, to see what the majority of people thinks about a certain topic.

If you feel like I missed some, share them in a reply and I'll add them to this list!
~Berre

EDIT:
discord.gg/cubecraft (by @MemeMaster69)
-The voice channels that Cubecrafters use to communicate beside Minecraft chat

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
All please, but especially imgur
Do you mean to unblock all the links that I mentioned?
If yes, you can select all links in the poll

If you mean to just unblock all the links, just all.
I don't think that'd be a good idea. Youtube accounts would be spammed even more, together with download sites and other servers their web pages

ItzCamJam

Feb 4, 2017
idek
i think imjur should stay as it is literally used for 90% of screenshots taken for Cubecraft. Plus it is also easier for reports that require screenshots. Strawpoll.me can go as Google forms are more popular.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone!
Chat filter as it's now is okay! "l" and "f" are finally allowed to say.
Besides that, certain web links are still blocked.
I do agree that most of the web links should stay blocked, but some links shouldn't in my opinion!

I listed some of the most common ones! I listed them from most important to least important

- namemc.com

A site to view someone Minecraft account's statistics. Used to view name history and to download someone their skin.
Also very useful to view someone's cape.

- imgur.com
A site where you're able to share photos. Builders use this a lot to show their portfolio.
- gyazo.com
Screenshot something, gyazo will instantly create a weblink where you can view the screenshot
- strawpoll.me
Used to create an online poll, to see what the majority of people thinks about a certain topic.

If you feel like I missed some, share them in a reply and I'll add them to this list!
~Berre​
I selected them all, because all these links are handy to use!

Reactions: Priley

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
D

Deleted member 169486

Last I checked most cubecraft links were still blocked, not sure if they were removed or not.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
whats the point about strawpoll
I explained that
- strawpoll.me
If I'm not mistaken, you could use their short link https://cbecrft.net/discord for that. It /should/ work in chat unless they broke it during any updates.

As for the others mentioned, I see no real use for them and I feel that having them unblocked could lead to bad things being linked in chat as the player cannot preview what the link sends you to.
I understand that certain imgur pictures are 18+, but those aren't public if you have no account. Imgur has strict rules about the images that get posted.
I feel that having them unblocked could lead to bad things being linked in chat as the player cannot preview what the link sends you to.
namemc.com just can't lead to something bad.
Imgur and gyazo have strict rules, and strawpoll is just a simple poll..

Don't really see what "bad things" could possibly happen

this should be unblocked forever: http://www.theuselessweb.com/
Don't see the point of that.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
namemc.com just can't lead to something bad.
Imgur and gyazo have strict rules, and strawpoll is just a simple poll..

Don't really see what "bad things" could possibly happen
I never said that any of them absolutely would lead to anything bad. I just mentioned the possibility.

Even if imgur or gyazo have strict rules, I'm sure there's still a few things that could slip through the cracks.

Though, I probably only feel the way I do because I only really talk to people on/through discord so I have a way to send people things without going through minecraft chat.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Well CubeCraft links show up when you join the server so imgur and other links are the ones to be unblocked mainly.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom