Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Lucky Islands, try to stay on topic!

What are your favorite and least favorite modes in lucky islands?

• My favorite mode is Blessed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My least favorite mode is Crazy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Modes in lucky islands are modifiers that people with the lucky islands rank can vote for. They cause a variety of different changes to the game. I’m curious what you guys think are the best and worst modes in lucky islands. I’m also interested if anyone has ideas for an additional lucky islands mode that you would like to see implemented.
In my opinion, the worst mode in lucky islands is overpowered. Most items are buffed so much that they can kill players who don’t receive armor in a very small number of hits. I like the element of luck in lucky islands, but overpowered is way too luck based compared to the other modes. This is only made worse by the additional diamond lucky blocks (This feature belongs in blessed, not OP). However, I enjoy the idea of rainbow lucky blocks having a cooldown. I think crazy is the best mode in lucky islands. I always enjoy the hectic chaos that some of the random events bring, and I find that I spend less time having to track down campers, due to the events that spawn mobs. It’s rumored that this mode also changes the loot tables of lucky blocks, although I haven’t been able to confirm this.

This is the first lucky islands topic discussion I’ve made, which I plan on making a weekly tradition in order to facilitate discussions and help keep the lucky islands community active. Some threads, like this one, could assist me in my feedback threads if I agree with your ideas.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I've played a bunch of Teams of 4 Lucky Islands, but I’m not sure if I’ve ever played a Lucky Islands game with Blessed Mode; if I have, then I didn't pay attention or don't remember. Because of this, I'm not quite sure what happens in a game with Blessed mode. A game being this mode depends on the odds that a Ranked player joins and the odds that they don't vote Overpowered or Normal, which seem like the 2 most likely modes.
Rounds with Crazy mode are uncommon too, and I think it's my favorite mode since it’s a unique and crazy experience; the events add an interesting twist to it. I think Overpowered is my least favorite. I'm not entirely sure why, but your reasoning makes sense. I like the randomness aspect of Lucky Islands which seems reflected best by Normal and Crazy. I'm not sure about Blessed since I don't remember any rounds with that mode

Reactions: Roxrock

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not sure about Blessed since I don't remember any rounds with that mode
I’m pretty sure blessed makes lucky blocks only drop good drops, but I also don’t have the rank and cannot confirm this. The reason it never gets voted is likely because there is no apparent difference between blessed and normal, so people just vote for the other modes. I think cubecraft should add a short description explaining what these modes do.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I genuinely enjoy normal mode a lot, just the generic concept of skywars with lucky blocks instead of chests is a lot of fun and the way cubecraft executes it makes it very enjoyable, but I enjoy crazy mode far more because the random events make each game completely different from the other without relying solely on the lucky block drops or making items needlessly overpowered.

The random events also make it so that there is always something to wait for and something to do, and they can greatly increase the amount of loot available in the game. And it makes every game very chaotic which is the one thing a game based on luck should be trying to achieve: chaos.

I absolutely hate overpowered mode though, the items are always either ridiculously overpowered or completely useless, the bad drops from blocks go from being tolerable and manageable to guaranteeing death, and the moment someone has an explosive bow or tnt wand is the moment the game turns into a more complicated game of spleef.

There is no chaos, as each game either ends with everyone drowning in half a chunk of lava or exploding from trapped chests (which in this mode are basically nuclear bombs) or 2 idiots with mediocre aim launching tnt or exploding arrows at each other.

Overpowered also makes the game even more reliant on luck than any other mode, the inequality between someone with bad equipment and someone with strong equipment because of how much stronger the strong stuff is.

Now I get that this is lucky islands, its mostly luck anyways, but normal, blessed and crazy modes don't rely on pure luck nearly as much as overpowered

kinda weird that overpowered is somehow the most unpopular but also the most popular gamemode according to the poll results btw, kinda wish more people explained why they voted the way they did

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
After thinking about it, I decided that Overpowered is actually not my least favorite. I changed my least favorite mode vote to Blessed; the concept of Blessed mode sounds too simple and easy in my opinion.

For Overpowered in general, one thing I immediately associate it with is enchanted diamond armor (which probably aligns best with SkyWars’ Overpowered mode). Another thing I associate it with is longer rounds/fights (which aligns with EggWars). I guess my views on Overpowered mode were affected by other games I’ve played.
Because of that, one major thing I was considering earlier when I voted Overpowered was there being less armor variety, which I remembered isn't completely true in Lucky Islands’ Overpowered mode.

I also kind of forgot that, for example, the slime and TNT wands spawn more entities and that more lava can spawn from a lucky block. Features like this keep up the challenge of playing Lucky Islands; it means that Overpowered is balanced, not being too easy nor too hard. To me, it stays true to the chaos of the game, which Blessed mode doesn't seem to achieve as much in my opinion.

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
Modes in lucky islands are modifiers that people with the lucky islands rank can vote for. They cause a variety of different changes to the game. I’m curious what you guys think are the best and worst modes in lucky islands. I’m also interested if anyone has ideas for an additional lucky islands mode that you would like to see implemented.
In my opinion, the worst mode in lucky islands is overpowered. Most items are buffed so much that they can kill players who don’t receive armor in a very small number of hits. I like the element of luck in lucky islands, but overpowered is way too luck based compared to the other modes. This is only made worse by the additional diamond lucky blocks (This feature belongs in blessed, not OP). However, I enjoy the idea of rainbow lucky blocks having a cooldown. I think crazy is the best mode in lucky islands. I always enjoy the hectic chaos that some of the random events bring, and I find that I spend less time having to track down campers, due to the events that spawn mobs. It’s rumored that this mode also changes the loot tables of lucky blocks, although I haven’t been able to confirm this.
This is the first lucky islands topic discussion I’ve made, which I plan on making a weekly tradition in order to facilitate discussions and help keep the lucky islands community active. Some threads, like this one, could assist me in my feedback threads if I agree with your ideas.
I play Bedrock Lucky Islands. But usually, it's either normal mode or OP, I've only played blessed once and crazy I have never played. Maybe I just don't play enough Lucky Islands... Anyway. I prefer OP over every other mode.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom