Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Yes but...

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No (Explain)

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 347571

I think that you should get a punishment like losing points when you leave games, its very annoying in Tower Defence and Blockwars.. If players would so a message like "Warning you will lose points when you leave the game" then i think that they wouldn't leave to be honest. Because now players keep leaving if you're losing while you can still win so i really think that this could be a thing. Let me know what you guys think (:

Reactions: God. and Dreamer

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I kinda agree with that, especially for TD because it is very annoying when your teammates leave and you have to fight a whole team but yuo are alone.
same for blockwars but I think you must have the time to leave when you are building, just give them a penalty if they leave after the 'fight part' has started.
but remember, TD (and sometimes BW) can be very long games so it may not be fair for everyone if they have to leave but the game just started.
pls staff, look at this and work something out.

Reactions: God.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
No punishment for leaving but an incentive to stay. If I got punished every time I crashed, I wouldn't be happy in the slightest. The issue is that people leave games that there's no chance of winning because there is no reason to stay. In Blockwars, if you are outmatched, you rack up deaths with 0 exp for staying. Just add an exp reward to the end for staying in the game.

Reactions: Dreamer and God.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
You're basically forcing them to stay in the game? No. If they don't wanna play, they shouldn't be forced to stay. Perhaps they have to go and can't continue the game.
Or they crashed.

Some people might also not even care if they lose points. 10 and more points is way to much to lose for just simply leaving a game. 9 and less points is so little, most people wouldn't care about it.

Overall, no. This is horrible idea.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I feel like you shouldn't get punished for leaving, but rather rewarded for staying by, for example, getting 10 points every 5 minutes or something like that.
A /rejoin command for when you get disconnected would also be useful.
I actually really like this idea. You sometimes have to deal with some long ass games in TD. Most of the time your team will be with 2/3 out of 6 by the time the game ends. If you reward people for staying longer in game, they’ll less likely leave. But keep in mind that the reward should be low, so people won’t abuse it.

Reactions: Dreamer

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
I think that you should get a punishment like losing points when you leave games, its very annoying in Tower Defence and Blockwars.. If players would so a message like "Warning you will lose points when you leave the game" then i think that they wouldn't leave to be honest. Because now players keep leaving if you're losing while you can still win so i really think that this could be a thing. Let me know what you guys think :)
more than a punishment to the player than disconected i think than is better a buff to the player than is alone like extra coins in tower defence

D

Deleted member 347571

If multiple teammates leave or if you're clearly not winning, some people want to leave. You shouldn't force them to stay.
It doesn't work like that in Blockwars or Tower Defence..

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
It doesn't work like that in Blockwars or Tower Defence..
And why wouldn’t that? Tell is how it does work, without obligating people to play a game they maybe don’t like, or without punishing people for their crashed laptop or game?

Reactions: Sweetenerera
D

Deleted member 347571

And why wouldn’t that? Tell is how it does work, without obligating people to play a game they maybe don’t like, or without punishing people for their crashed laptop or game?
Easy lol just add /rejoin for ppl who crashed..

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Easy lol just add /rejoin for ppl who crashed..
Quetzi already stated that that’s not going to happen anytime soon in a recent thread about it, so you’ll have to come up with something different. Also, you’re just making the code a lot complicated because you lose points if you leave, but it should be added back if you rejoin, I think that would be nearly impossible to code or a complete waste of time for developer in managements eyes.

Reactions: xBl1tzx and Eli

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I understand the motivation for this suggestion but it just seems like it would be more problematic than favorable.

If the problem is having unbalanced teams, the best thing to do is to keep improving team balancing systems in TD and BW of course no buff can replace an additional teammate. But I’m afraid the problem you’re trying to solve is unavoidable.

Reactions: Marieke2001
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thanks for all the wishes <3
UncleSpect wrote on zauuberr009's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
happy birthday!!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!1 :3
Frontlane wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈🥳
Frontlane wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎁
Top Bottom