We are working hard on this. Our testing map is now finished and full gameplay testing will start tomorrowThis is the best suggestion that has been on the Suggestions thread, I have no clue why this isn't Escalated. They have a team of people working on it and I think this game would be a fun addition to Cubecraft.
I really liked @Fesa's & @Mirriya’s suggestion, so I went ahead and made a fully working, playable version to re-suggest it with some improvements. Why? Because I have fun making this kind of stuff.
Also, don't take numbers too seriously. I haven't spent too much time balancing stuff.
I spent a lot of free time making this. If you are going to vote no, please, leave a comment stating why.
View attachment 164116
Similar to minigames like MoneyWalls, the map is divided in four equal parts (4 teams of 10, alternatively 4 teams of 5). Unlike in MW, the separator isn't a solid wall, instead it's a Minecraft world border, local to each team, meaning you can see what other teams are doing. There's a "No Mans Land" of separation between borders. You have 10 minutes to craft gear, place defenses and make the strategy. After those 10 minutes, the fog gets removed, and PVP starts. Similar to EggWars, the goal is to destroy the enemy generator (wool) to prevent them from respawning, and the kill them all.
View attachment 164117
Every kingdom has a castle with the team's core inside. Maps should be like a vanilla Minecraft world, as players need to craft everything (opposed to MoneyWalls), with a mine (so all four kingdoms have the same crafting materials).
View attachment 164118 Almost copy paste from @Fesa 's thread:
View attachment 164122
That's pretty cool, but what makes its unique? There are a some features we added that makes it 300% . cooler:
- Mining is boring. After breaking an ore, a mob will spawn. There are two ore groups:
- Iron, Emerald, Redstone -> Spawn a Zombie
- Diamond, Lapis -> 80% probability of spawning a Villager Zombie, 20% probability of spawning a Wither Skeleton
- This makes it harder to get diamond gear or get a lot of enchantments
- Building aka the blaze rod. Place barricades/walls for a sum of money. Currently, I have 3 barricades (though I'd like to add some sort of TNT cannons or different structures):
- "Small" - $500
- "Medium" - $1500
- Advanced - $10.000
- So, how do you get money? You get $10 every 1,5 seconds until the fog is removed. After that, you get $500 when killing someone - So yes, it's pretty hard to get the 2x2 bedrock wall
- I made a, in my totally unbiased opinion, cool effectupdated it and made it 200% better
- Disasters or random world events. A combination of the events I have thought of are:
- Alien Invasion: Slimes fall from the sky
- Blizzard/hailstorm: Ice falls from the sky
- Ingravity: Players are launched itno the sky (for my mathematician dudes, (0, [random between 0 and 2], 0)) and the gravity is removed for 2 seconds
- Meteor Shower: Netherrack falls from the sky and generates a small explosion, which, if unlucky, will hurt the player
- Thunder Storm: Like the Minerware microgame, ligthing will spawn.
- Rise of the Undead: Random mobs will spawn
Where all that stuff spawns is calculated getting the player location and adding a random number (so they'll never spawn on the player). Every 5 minutes, there's a chance of 30% of a dice getting thrown. Then, based on the number, a disaster is picked
All the current disasters combined:
(the combinaton is impossible to survive)
View attachment 164129
We (I) believe the game is pretty different from what's currently available on CubeCraft. It combines some of the most liked stuff of current games (eg EggWars-like death mechanics, pre-planning phase like BlockWars) with diffrent features found on other servers (no void, The Walls-like crafting) with some never-seen features (like the building thing, or the walls being WorldBorders.
Team Selector:View attachment 164141
kit selector (looks ugly ik)
:View attachment 164142Entering build mode messageView attachment 164143The famous cross teaming message message (and a reminder of the trolling offense). Why? Because it makes the minigame look professional & makes me feel a pro
View attachment 164144Core has been destroyed mesage - each team has a colour assigned, so the message will be pink when the pink core gets destroyed, etcView attachment 164145
Edit: all blocks are breakable, unlike BlockWars
- Although it should be fully working, I haven't tested it thoroughly. So it might. and will, have bugs
- imo it'd be really nice to get 40 people play the game. If you're interested, PM me *cough* @Younisco community games *cough*