MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Java/Bedrock tag

Recently the staff on discord got a new role. They have been given a language role. (See first image). And my idea is to give them another role, a role on which platorm they play, Java or Bedrock. This role could help people out by looking which staff member can help them the best regarding the platform they play on. The role names just would be: "Bedrock" and "Java" and have the same grey color as the language roles.
language.JPG

In my opinion staff should only get the role on what platform they play the most. So if a staff has bedrock but mainly plays on java, they only should have the java role and vice versa. Not every staff member should need this role, translators and designers don't need this role. The rest should, so helper, moderator developer and admin. The staff member also should have the option to get this role, if they don't want it then don't give it to them.

"Aren't there comming to many roles now? And isn't this confusing for new members?"
I'd say no, if you look at Keanu (see second picture), he has 5 discord roles, and to me it isn't confusing at all. Every role is clear on what it is, a bedrock/java role would't change that. I think that this would be a great addition to the discord server, and will help many people.
1594296081655.png

This was my idea, leave a reaction if you think that anything should change, or if it shouldn't be added at all.

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
I think this is a good idea, so members know where to look for help regarding a specific platform. This may also reduce mass tagging.

However, I don’t think it’s the best idea to give it to only the staff members who want it, as it may cause confusion and mess up the roles. Every staff member plays on at least one platform and I think it is important that it is shown.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Hello tommy.
For the most part, I completely agree with this.
New players don't know staff members, and the most information they can get out of the first look is the staff member's role and language.
Since they don't know who they can ask about their Bedrock and Java questions, the group of staff ranks that you listed should get the Bedrock, or the Java tag.
I did not really like one thing.
The staff members that play on both platforms should receive both of the tags, even if they are slightly more inactive on the second platform.
I think, that it has to be like that, because even if they are a bit inactive, they will be able to give accurate answers to player's questions, because they play on both platforms.
I like the idea in general, it will just make things more clear and understandable for the new players.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Really good suggestion! Yesterday the new helpers came and I didn’t know who was Java and who was Bedrock. I don’t think this is really necessary for the translator and designer rank, but for the others it would be great.

Reactions: Hoshi

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I did not really like one thing.
The staff members that play on both platforms should receive both of the tags, even if they are slightly more inactive on the second platform.
I think, that it has to be like that, because even if they are a bit inactive, they will be able to give accurate answers to player's questions, because they play on both platforms.
I partly disagree with this. If they play both platforms often then they can both roles. But if you look at a staff member such as Dubby, he has a java account, but almost never plays with it, only in special events. And if Dubby gets the java tag people might ask java related questions to Dubby.

I don’t think this is really necessary for the translator and designer rank, but for the others it would be great.
I mentioned that designers and tranlators don't need this rank.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I partly disagree with this. If they play both platforms often then they can both roles. But if you look at a staff member such as Dubby, he has a java account, but almost never plays with it, only in special events. And if Dubby gets the java tag people might ask java related questions to Dubby.

I mentioned that designers and tranlators don't need this rank.
But people like Kloska and capitangato should get it, because they are active on both.
Dubby may be a bit inactive on java, but that does not mean, that they don't know how java works.

Reactions: ItzJqlmer

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Java/Bedrock tag

Recently the staff on discord got a new role. They have been given a language role. (See first image). And my idea is to give them another role, a role on which platorm they play, Java or Bedrock. This role could help people out by looking which staff member can help them the best regarding the platform they play on. The role names just would be: "Bedrock" and "Java" and have the same grey color as the language roles.
View attachment 169890
In my opinion staff should only get the role on what platform they play the most. So if a staff has bedrock but mainly plays on java, they only should have the java role and vice versa. Not every staff member should need this role, translators and designers don't need this role. The rest should, so helper, moderator developer and admin. The staff member also should have the option to get this role, if they don't want it then don't give it to them.

"Aren't there comming to many roles now? And isn't this confusing for new members?"
I'd say no, if you look at Keanu (see second picture), he has 5 discord roles, and to me it isn't confusing at all. Every role is clear on what it is, a bedrock/java role would't change that. I think that this would be a great addition to the discord server, and will help many people.
View attachment 169892
This was my idea, leave a reaction if you think that anything should change, or if it shouldn't be added at all.

Really good suggestion! Yesterday the new helpers came and I didn’t know who was Java and who was Bedrock. I don’t think this is really necessary for the translator and designer rank, but for the others it would be great.

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems to me a very good idea, since that way we will know who are from Java and play with them instead of making mistakes with those of Bedrock

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
If I need a bedrock staff member in the #staff-help channel and there are only Java staff members I just wait till the proper staff member replies. When I dont get a reply a just ask it again.

But its handy if you want to DM a staff member than you know wich member you need to contact. I personally dont mind if this would be implemented! I did vote yes, tho.

Reactions: henryk

Headqche

Nov 1, 2019
I do agree with this, since sometimes there are players that start hating on a staff member because they never see them online, even though they play on the other platform, plus it would prevent a lot of confusion for some players.

Fexiny

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2017
Good suggestion, I was always struggling with staff on bedrock while im on Java... Its very useful for a lot of players.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes, yes, and another yes!

Language roles were added recently, but that isn’t even the main issue in my opinion. I get a lot of questions every now and then about Bedrock, while I don’t even know how the entire Bedrock network works. I’m inactive on it, and not even a staff on it.

It would be very enlightening for other users for us to have such roles, displaying which platform(s) we are knowledgeable of. Although I don’t quite agree that only explicitly active staff members on that exact network are able to obtain such a role. It should be the staff member’s choice, but they would have to be at least a bit knowledgeable of the network.

Either this, or it’s determined by what you sign up for. When applying/throughout the Helper trial, you will be able to choose on which platforms you want to moderate. The best option would be to grant the staff who choose to moderate on a specific platform/both platforms the corresponding role(s).

Overall, another great suggestion thread by our fellow Tommy though! I really think it is necessary to implement this, as as far as I know a lot of users currently get quite confused over who moderates on which platform and may or may not start asking questions in DMs or in #staff-help, whilst it will only disturb the staff member that got DMed or tagged who doesn’t know the answer. It seems to be a struggle, and it disturbs me quite a lot.

- Escalated ⭐

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Languages are different to platforms. You're not completely unable to communicate with a Mod who does Java mainly. But (for example) if you only speak Spanish, you necessarily need to know how to reach out to a Spanish-speaking Mod/Helper.

Most questions from players go onto staff help, not DMs, not Forum Conversations. Staff help is visible for the entire team and most of the time there will be at least one person available who is knowledgeable of Bedrock. Hence why it's really not such a pressuring matter. If a Mod who only does Bedrock ever gets a DM asking about a Java-only matter, they will just reach out to another Moderator (or the entire team) asking for help.

So I don't think it's either necessary nor will it bring any meaningful benefit.

Reactions: Axyy and Josher
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom