• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Then what's the point of adding in new textures, if you can change back to the old ones? :/
Because people get used to it, no matter what. If they change the default textures then in two years they will become the norm apart from a select group of nostalgic folks who still cherish the old textures. It's better for this new pack to become the norm because they do actually look so much better (unless nostalgia is shielding your judgement.) than the current textures. So it's a good move for Mojang.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Because people get used to it, no matter what. If they change the default textures then in two years they will become the norm apart from a select group of nostalgic folks who still cherish the old textures. It's better for this new pack to become the norm because they do actually look so much better (unless nostalgia is shielding your judgement.) than the current textures. So it's a good move for Mojang.
Not to mention they changed the textures before and people also just got used to it then.

Pluginsel

Mar 31, 2017
All the news of 1.14 is confirmed during in the Minecon Earth 2017.

Update Name: The Update Aquatic
Release Date: Q2 2018
Features: Dolphins, Coral reefs, Fish, The Monster of the Night Skies, Trident, New water physics, new biomes & more!

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I don't quite understand the demand for a 1.14 release when we don't even have 1.13 released by Mojang yet. We can't update to a version of Minecraft that doesn't yet exist. When we actually have a release (or even a snapshot!) to look at then we'll have a much better idea of how we want to tackle it. Features have a habit of getting bumped back and delayed, so despite what may be planned, we don't know what those updates will look like yet.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I don't quite understand the demand for a 1.14 release when we don't even have 1.13 released by Mojang yet. We can't update to a version of Minecraft that doesn't yet exist. When we actually have a release (or even a snapshot!) to look at then we'll have a much better idea of how we want to tackle it. Features have a habit of getting bumped back and delayed, so despite what may be planned, we don't know what those updates will look like yet.
Of course 1.14 is still far away but jumping from 1.9 to 1.14 might be a very difficult process. Most plugins and games will probably break just like when Cubecraft updated their main network to 1.9. That's why Cubecraft should prepare themselves beforehand to prevent the same mistake from happening. I'm aware that 1.13 hasn't even released yet but you guys could at least take a look at the changes from 1.12 Spigot and 1.13 when it's released. Like I said, updating won't be easy considering how many things have changed in these past updates and how even the water mechanics will change in the future. And of course the features from certain updates (1.10 - 1.14) can be implemented later on. What we (mostly I) care about is Cubecraft leaving 1.9 and updating to the latest Minecraft version.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Its for when 1.14 releases.

Pluginsel

Mar 31, 2017
Thread updated.
OMG, The turtles is coming to Minecraft on version 1.14!!!
DR_5wwKXUAIKclO.jpg

Reactions: MarcoPlayzz

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It's time for Minecraft 1.14!!!!

Please vote this poll. :)

Minecraft 1.13 isn't out yet. And is the technical update with new command systems, performance improvement, new horse model, LWJGL upgrade, Files/Data Packs update and bugfix. No new features.

So, the Minecraft 1.14 is will the update aquatic and this is confirmed during Minecon Earth 2017 announcement.
Official Name: The Update Aquatic
Planned Release Date: Q2 2018

Minecraft 1.14 Confirmed Features:
+ The Monster of the Night Skies (Mob B)
+ Dolphins
+ Turtles
+ Fishs.
+ Trident.
+ Coral & Kelp Blocks.
+ and more few new features and changes...

I think the Minecraft 1.14 is the last update of the fast updates (1.10-1.14). After the 1.14 the Minecraft is will return to big updates like a 1.8 and 1.9 versions.
Also, I'm sure that version 1.14 will be the best stable, useful and well-known version that comes after 1.9.

My question is: CubeCraft server is will upgrade to version 1.14 after the full release?

Please vote this poll. :)

It's time for Minecraft 1.14!!!!
I actually don't understand why players want this update. Cubecraft isn't made in an ocean, you know?
The only reason we should update to 1.14 is because of the new blocks for some maps. There are no game-changes or combat-changes.
But if everyone wants it, sure why not

Pluginsel

Mar 31, 2017
I actually don't understand why players want this update. Cubecraft isn't made in an ocean, you know?
The only reason we should update to 1.14 is because of the new blocks for some maps. There are no game-changes or combat-changes.
I Like 1.14 version because is will the big update. I also want to be able to benefit from the innovations of version 1.10, 1.11, 1.12 and 1.13.
Like the new blocks of 1.12, or shulker box of 1.11.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
1.11 and 1.14 have combat changes, and I'm boycotting til Cube has 1.11 PvP (I want 1.12 and 1.13 but they don't change PvP so 1.11 PvP is the most accurate statement)

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
1.11 and 1.14 have combat changes, and I'm boycotting til Cube has 1.11 PvP (I want 1.12 and 1.13 but they don't change PvP so 1.11 PvP is the most accurate statement)
I'm probably going to kill Mojang.

1.6 - 1.8 Spam PvP
1.9: "Hey, let's change combat for no reason!" → Timed PvP
1.10 - 1.13: Minor Combat changes
1.14: "Hey, let's change combat again for no freaking reason!" → (Don't actually know what they'll change this time)

Reactions: Lilleh__

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
I'm probably going to kill Mojang.

1.6 - 1.8 Spam PvP
1.9: "Hey, let's change combat for no reason!" → Timed PvP
1.10 - 1.13: Minor Combat changes
1.14: "Hey, let's change combat again for no freaking reason!" → (Don't actually know what they'll change this time)
I think spam pvp was a thing since the start :P

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Priley
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #52-
The minecraft music disc 11 lasts for 1 minute, 11 seconds and 111 milliseconds!
It was hard writing this on a tv (yes, I sometimes write facts on a tv lol).
Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom