Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 486292

I know this is a long-winded critique, but please bear with me as I need to go in depth when explaining these issues.

First and foremost, I'd like to say that cubecraft skywars is always my go-to choice for skywars on the bedrock edition of minecraft. It has the best maps, SIMPLE ITEM META, and item balancing for a more advanced player like myself. After this recent update, there were flaws, in my opinion, with the new additions to the game that I believe to be negatively impacting the experience. The obvious one, as seen in the screenshot I posted below, is the switching of the kit names between builder and chef. Upon selecting, lets say, "Chef" for example (in reality, this is the builder kit, not to confuse anybody), I will still get 20 bricks and a chestplate to start off with, but the kit icon and name do not match. The kit buffs are perhaps a nod to the less skilled players to get the ball rolling upon starting of the match, which I can understand to an extent. The "healer" kit is a well balanced addition to the list of options, and the balancing for the "Chef" kit (I am referring to the kit with 3 steak and a stone sword) is now a more feasible choice, as that tends to be the least popular of the kit choices). My issue is with the Tank and Builder (20 bricks+chain chestplate) kits, who now help turn the tables for the mediocre players to gear up sooner in the game. I consider full iron armor to be a fair benchmark of protection after sifting through 5 or so chests during a match, but upon selection of this kit, half of my work is already done for me with no effort. Henceforth, I propose reverting back to the old accomodations for this kit and the builder kit to mitigate this issue.

My next issue is with the "game over" tombstone addition. It has an appealing concept in theory, but it can be especially troubling in any instance other than when you are in a 1v1 with another player and there are no other enemy players near you. In this scenario described, having a "tombstone" to be able to click may be very convenient for some, because they can easily pick and choose select items that they want from the enemy player's inventory without the hassle of sifting. Now what if I was facing off with 2 players from another team, and only have the health to kill one of them and have to flee? The implication of these gravestones will prevent me from picking up an enemy player's scattered inventory off the ground (as we were able to do before the update). Ultimately, the addition of gravestones is not practical when you are in a rush (which is more often than not) or there are enemy players nearby. Quickly being able to pick up items from a killed player is a much more efficient and safe way to go about things. Knowing that you have all the items from a dead player using the old system, you now have the ability to find a safe and isolated spot to sift through things. The set location of the gravestone eliminates this benefit. Additionally (I believe someone else mentioned a similar issue in forums already), but gravestones can also be an annoyance due to them spawning instantly after a player you were PVPing has died. People tend to spam the left click button with their swords when they are in combat with other players, and because of this, they might accidentally linger a click or two after the player has died, and therefore click on the gravestone unintentionally. This gives a perfect chance for a nearby player to kill that person who mistakenly opened the gravestone because this player is technically frozen for a crucial second or two where they are likely with low health after combat. Believe me, I have already witnessed this occurrence happen several times already.

Concerning a less pressing issue with the gravestones, the hitbox to open them is very small and can only be clicked on when facing the top face of the sea lantern block that they sit on. In other words, the limited hitbox makes it very hard to click and this open, on top of the fact that they can spawn in irregular, or sometimes even hidden places. Especially when somebody dies in midair from a hit off a ledge, fire damage from a fire aspect sword, or a bow snipe, the gravestone then spawns in an awkward spot that will require a surviving player to bridge up or out with blocks to reach. I am in favor of a full removal of the gravestone concept, but if it absolutely must stay in the game, then a chest with a retexture for differentiation from normal in-game chests is a possible alternative.

Player Meta: (Not tested)

I can't say for sure that this was a changed mechanic as I was not able to test this in any way, but golden apple regeneration seems to have been lowered to only 5 seconds. I remember the regeneration effect being longer, perhaps upwards of 10 seconds. This small change makes it very hard to set up for combat with another player, as the regeneration effect has already finished by the time I land the first hit. This change coupled with the kit changes all seem to level out the playing field between skilled and less skilled players. Strategically using your golden apple is now severely more difficult to execute.

Again, I cannot say for sure that there was any change here, but it seems like hunger depletes much faster now than it did before, it may just be my mind confusing itself, but I figured it was worth mentioning. I actually applaud this change, because it can help eliminate mindless chasing on straightaways. That is my take on it, but I would like for somebody to verify this.

Anyway, that was my honest critique of the update, and I hope the mods and server operators can take my concerns into account.

Attachments

• Captur11e.PNG
    Captur11e.PNG
    377.6 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: Eli and Reapz

BMaxRules

Jul 29, 2019
Behind You
I definitely agree with this comment, but believe strongly that tombstones will stay in the game because of the many positive things that they're doing. Also the staff probably doesn't care

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I know this is a long-winded critique, but please bear with me as I need to go in depth when explaining these issues.

First and foremost, I'd like to say that cubecraft skywars is always my go-to choice for skywars on the bedrock edition of minecraft. It has the best maps, SIMPLE ITEM META, and item balancing for a more advanced player like myself. After this recent update, there were flaws, in my opinion, with the new additions to the game that I believe to be negatively impacting the experience. The obvious one, as seen in the screenshot I posted below, is the switching of the kit names between builder and chef. Upon selecting, lets say, "Chef" for example (in reality, this is the builder kit, not to confuse anybody), I will still get 20 bricks and a chestplate to start off with, but the kit icon and name do not match. The kit buffs are perhaps a nod to the less skilled players to get the ball rolling upon starting of the match, which I can understand to an extent. The "healer" kit is a well balanced addition to the list of options, and the balancing for the "Chef" kit (I am referring to the kit with 3 steak and a stone sword) is now a more feasible choice, as that tends to be the least popular of the kit choices). My issue is with the Tank and Builder (20 bricks+chain chestplate) kits, who now help turn the tables for the mediocre players to gear up sooner in the game. I consider full iron armor to be a fair benchmark of protection after sifting through 5 or so chests during a match, but upon selection of this kit, half of my work is already done for me with no effort. Henceforth, I propose reverting back to the old accomodations for this kit and the builder kit to mitigate this issue.

My next issue is with the "game over" tombstone addition. It has an appealing concept in theory, but it can be especially troubling in any instance other than when you are in a 1v1 with another player and there are no other enemy players near you. In this scenario described, having a "tombstone" to be able to click may be very convenient for some, because they can easily pick and choose select items that they want from the enemy player's inventory without the hassle of sifting. Now what if I was facing off with 2 players from another team, and only have the health to kill one of them and have to flee? The implication of these gravestones will prevent me from picking up an enemy player's scattered inventory off the ground (as we were able to do before the update). Ultimately, the addition of gravestones is not practical when you are in a rush (which is more often than not) or there are enemy players nearby. Quickly being able to pick up items from a killed player is a much more efficient and safe way to go about things. Knowing that you have all the items from a dead player using the old system, you now have the ability to find a safe and isolated spot to sift through things. The set location of the gravestone eliminates this benefit. Additionally (I believe someone else mentioned a similar issue in forums already), but gravestones can also be an annoyance due to them spawning instantly after a player you were PVPing has died. People tend to spam the left click button with their swords when they are in combat with other players, and because of this, they might accidentally linger a click or two after the player has died, and therefore click on the gravestone unintentionally. This gives a perfect chance for a nearby player to kill that person who mistakenly opened the gravestone because this player is technically frozen for a crucial second or two where they are likely with low health after combat. Believe me, I have already witnessed this occurrence happen several times already.

Concerning a less pressing issue with the gravestones, the hitbox to open them is very small and can only be clicked on when facing the top face of the sea lantern block that they sit on. In other words, the limited hitbox makes it very hard to click and this open, on top of the fact that they can spawn in irregular, or sometimes even hidden places. Especially when somebody dies in midair from a hit off a ledge, fire damage from a fire aspect sword, or a bow snipe, the gravestone then spawns in an awkward spot that will require a surviving player to bridge up or out with blocks to reach. I am in favor of a full removal of the gravestone concept, but if it absolutely must stay in the game, then a chest with a retexture for differentiation from normal in-game chests is a possible alternative.

Player Meta: (Not tested)

I can't say for sure that this was a changed mechanic as I was not able to test this in any way, but golden apple regeneration seems to have been lowered to only 5 seconds. I remember the regeneration effect being longer, perhaps upwards of 10 seconds. This small change makes it very hard to set up for combat with another player, as the regeneration effect has already finished by the time I land the first hit. This change coupled with the kit changes all seem to level out the playing field between skilled and less skilled players. Strategically using your golden apple is now severely more difficult to execute.

Again, I cannot say for sure that there was any change here, but it seems like hunger depletes much faster now than it did before, it may just be my mind confusing itself, but I figured it was worth mentioning. I actually applaud this change, because it can help eliminate mindless chasing on straightaways. That is my take on it, but I would like for somebody to verify this.

Anyway, that was my honest critique of the update, and I hope the mods and server operators can take my concerns into account.
The gravestones are honestly very unnecessary, they impact the game negatively and should be removed.

They just seem to be another cosmetic to monetize on... And I’m usually fine with that, but in this case it is affecting the gameplay experience.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welkom terug Bram :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
Top Bottom