Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipsed

Oct 24, 2021
yes
www.youtube.com
Now I'm going to say this first as I feel it's necessary, I of course am not accusing anyone of knowingly promoting the seriously inapropriate and downright illegal things that Lolita does, and am assuming that the people involved in the creation of this pack were only aware of the fashion style, and not the other connotations it has.

For those who don't know, Lolita, also known as "Loli", is in referance to Vladmir Nabokov's novel: Lolita. This is a novel that involves a grown man having a s*xual relationship with a 12 year old girl named Lolita. Since then there have been several depictions, typically done in an anime style format, which have HEAVY connotations to child p***. Recently, people like streamer Vaush have been completely cancelled for accidentally leaking that he has a folder of it on his computer. Now of course I'm not saying that Cubecraft knowingly published this, it was likely done in ignorance, which is fine, people make mistakes, but it 100% NEEDS TO GET REMOVED. The fact that the majority of the playerbase are children themselves, and are thus the most likely to purchase this, means that they may potentially look into "Lolita" and run the risk of exposing them to NSFW content at very young age.

The only 2 options in my opinion are to:
A. Remove the pack entirely or
B. Change it's name to remove the potential of kids looking it up and finding adult content

In my own opinion, which having spoken to others, this is not a grey area morally, it's pretty black and white, and whilst, once again, I don't think this is intentional, this pack is profiting through the promotion of p**ophilia.

Of course there could be some reason to why this pack has been added that I might be missing, in which case I will delete this post if there are actually valid reasons, but at least from what I can tell, this pack is (likely unitentionally) promoting CP.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This skin pack was published on 7th June 2022. We were unaware that the term "Lolita" has negative meanings. As you can see on our Marketplace store, we have many skin packs with names "Cottagecore", "Kids Core", "Mean Teens", "Soft Core", "Fairy Tail Core", and so many others with cute, sweet and fashion meanings.

When creating skin pack themes, we look at trends happening around the world and in the marketplace. With "Lolitacore", from our research, "Lolita" fashion is Japanese, with gothic and sweet styles. Like our other skin packs, we like to make fashion skin packs based on reality and what is trending. Our artists and team found this "Lolita fashion", which seemed pretty, so we made a skin pack for it. I've attached screenshots below from our research. As mentioned, we were completely unaware of the novel published meaning of "Lolita".

We hope this clears this up and we apologise for any misunderstanding with this skin pack, and we have already requested for it to be taken off the Marketplace.

Thanks,
Cam! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Top Bottom