Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
Ok so let me explain I enter game of egg wars with 4 teams of 4 me and someone on my team immediately go to cover our eggs up, and immediately after that red team kills us, like that was the first thing they did, speed bridge to our base, and destroy
our egg, we never had a chance to get proper resources (heck, I was new to the map so I couldn't even find the iron generator) we barely had a chance to a actually play the game and we were already dead

Now I know what someone you are thinking, "it's part of the game, and you just have to be ready for it" and I agree, heck I might end up doing to someone, but the thing is, as of now, if I were to do that to someone, I would believe they have a right to be salty,

also something that I want to make clear, is I'm not upest over losing a match, I can deal with that, I'm upest, because it feels like my game was ripped away from me, before I could even play it,

Now if you believe I'm in the wrong, ok then.

If you believe I'm in the right, do you think there's a way to fix that? personally I thinking adding a 20 second grace period where you can't leave your island would be good.

Grove

Nov 4, 2020
Sinnoh
I disagree with the grace period, however-
I was in a similar situation that you're dealing with right now, and I agree that it's frustrating. Until maybe a year ago, I was painfully bad at Egg and Minecraft as a whole (not that I'm good now) but it definitely takes practice to get good at! Don't get too discouraged, I'm sure you'll improve with time! PVP isn't exactly my scene but if you need any other tips, I might be able to help :3

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
I understand it's annoying to get eliminated right away, but rushing at the beginning of the game is a major strategy that lots of people employ; you're going to have to get used to it. I would suggest trying to do it yourself just so you understand that it can be both fun and efficient to try and eliminate teams before they even have a chance to leave their island. If your really don't enjoy that, I would suggest trying some of the other games on CubeCraft because rushing is a very large part all of the island based games, and it is very likely you will encounter it again soon...

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Those tryhards just ruin the game, only thing you can do is quit the game if you actually get mad over them killing you so quick.

Reactions: keirah

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
I understand it's annoying to get eliminated right away, but rushing at the beginning of the game is a major strategy that lots of people employ; you're going to have to get used to it. I would suggest trying to do it yourself just so you understand that it can be both fun and efficient to try and eliminate teams before they even have a chance to leave their island. If your really don't enjoy that, I would suggest trying some of the other games on CubeCraft because rushing is a very large part all of the island based games, and it is very likely you will encounter it again soon...
Again I'm already fully aware that it's part of the game, I was aware of that when I was writing my post, and even I might do that to another team one day,

But even though it's part of the game, And necessary thing to do in order to win, I still think it takes some of the fun away

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
I personally disagree. It's part of the fun of the game and when you die to it enough times you'll progressively get better.
Fun? What's from about getting eliminated in seconds, Because the other team, in it's entirety decided to speed bridge to your base? (yes it was the entire team)

Losing a game, can be fun, as long as you actually had a chance to play, even if it was for a few minutes

Losing a game seconds after it started, because an entire team instantly decided to go after you, the moment they had blocks, isn't fun, it's necessary and part of the game, but it isn't fun

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
Those tryhards just ruin the game, only thing you can do is quit the game if you actually get mad over them killing you so quick.
Keep in mind, it was literally the entire team,

Me and one of my team mates immediately go to cover our egg up, and the first thing we see, when it's fully covered is the entire red team speed bridging to our base

Ornaixx

Novice Member
Oct 29, 2020
I don't know, I myself am one of those quick rushers but I understand it is annoying when a full team of sweats comes and rushes you but thats sort of the point of eggwars, its the feeling that you can be rushed any time, so you need to stay alert.

Reactions: kittenangel7

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
Again I'm already fully aware that it's part of the game, I was aware of that when I was writing my post, and even I might do that to another team one day,

But even though it's part of the game, And necessary thing to do in order to win, I still think it takes some of the fun away
I should have been more clear. it is a *fun* part of the game. If people didn't enjoy it, it would not be as common of a strategy as it is... afaik you are an outlier. Of course nobody likes being eliminated right away, but saying that rushing early game is not fun at all just sounds kind of lame imo.

Reactions: kittenangel7

IAmHappy

Feb 25, 2021
Ok so let me explain I enter game of egg wars with 4 teams of 4 me and someone on my team time immediately go to cover our eggs up, and immediately after that red team kills us, like that was the first thing they did, speed bridge to our base, and destroy
our egg, we never had a chance to get proper resources (heck, I was new to the map so I couldn't even find the iron generator) we barely had a chance to a actually play the game and we were already dead

Now I know what someone you are thinking, "it's part of the game, and you just have to be ready for it" and I agree, heck I might end up doing to someone, but the thing is, as of now, if I were to do that to someone, I would believe they have a right to be salty,

also something that I want to make clear, is I'm not upest over losing a match, I can deal with that, I'm upest, because it feels like my game was ripped away from me, before I could even play it,

If you believe I'm in the right, do you think there's a way to fix that? personally I thinking adding a 20 second grace period where you can't leave your island would be good.
I totally agree with you, a grace period is exactly what we need, this happens to me all the time and isn't fair to the other players.

Reactions: InkAsriel

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
Yeah they ruin the game is the reason I don't play eggwars anymore. Skillgap is too big with those nolife

I mean, calling them nolife, is bad, because they do have one, and they decided to tryhard in a videogame, honestly, back then, I used to play lots of Survival Games (for the time I had) and practiced bridging in a creative flat world.

You can still try to get at that level in island based games.

Im not that good at teaching stuff, but there are some tips.

And pls, don't call them "nolife" even if they agree.

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
Ok so let me explain I enter game of egg wars with 4 teams of 4 me and someone on my team immediately go to cover our eggs up, and immediately after that red team kills us, like that was the first thing they did, speed bridge to our base, and destroy

Rushing is an essential part of the game. Just like any game, the more you play, the better you get. In addition, every squad has its different play style. Some like to stay at base and guard, others like to rush. If that squad who rushed you plays a lot, and practices that a lot, and the strategy seems to work for them, then I think that's absolutely fine. After all, the point of the game is to win. Eggwars is a skill based game, and if they're really good at rushing early on, no need to get angry over that.

Now that kind of sounds like I'm basically saying, "yeah tough luck, get good", which I'll admit, I sorta am, but that's just how the game works!

I entirely disagree with the idea of any soft of grace period/limitation to leaving your island early on.
Depending on your play style, control of mid is vital to ensuring a win.

With all due respect, that's a terrible idea, and robs the game of a lot of its fun. (in my opinion)

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
I should have been more clear. it is a *fun* part of the game. If people didn't enjoy it, it would not be as common of a strategy as it is... afaik you are an outlier. Of course nobody likes being eliminated right away, but saying that rushing early game is not fun at all just sounds kind of lame imo.
I'm saying getting Eliminated, before you even got a chance to play, isn't fun

Reactions: InkAsriel

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
Rushing is an essential part of the game. Just like any game, the more you play, the better you get. In addition, every squad has its different play style. Some like to stay at base and guard, others like to rush. If that squad who rushed you plays a lot, and practices that a lot, and the strategy seems to work for them, then I think that's absolutely fine. After all, the point of the game is to win. Eggwars is a skill based game, and if they're really good at rushing early on, no need to get angry over that.

Now that kind of sounds like I'm basically saying, "yeah tough luck, get good", which I'll admit, I sorta am, but that's just how the game works!

I entirely disagree with the idea of any soft of grace period/limitation to leaving your island early on.
Depending on your play style, control of mid is vital to ensuring a win.

With all due respect, that's a terrible idea, and robs the game of a lot of its fun. (in my opinion)
Geez, how many times will I have to say, "I AM FULLY AWARE THAT IT'S AN ACTUAL STRATEGY, ONE THAT I MAY TRY MYSELF"

but even then, it takes the fun away, the fact that it's a strategy, won't magically make me less salty, I went in to egg wars to play the game and have fun, and there's nothing fun about getting eliminated before you even got a chance to play

_dsn_

Jan 9, 2021

Being dead is not pog, but just enter another game......

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
Geez, how many times will I have to say, "I AM FULLY AWARE THAT IT'S AN ACTUAL STRATEGY, ONE THAT I MAY TRY MYSELF"

but even then, it takes the fun away, the fact that it's a strategy, won't magically make me less salty, I went in to egg wars to play the game and have fun, and there's nothing fun about getting eliminated before you even got a chance to play
great argument
hear me out though
you could just not die 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom